The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scorpion

3 posters

Go down

Scorpion Empty Scorpion

Post  Berry 2014-09-20, 19:19

Show debuts on Monday. Nerdy computer geniuses....right up my alley!

http://variety.com/2014/tv/reviews/tv-review-scorpion-1201304983/
Berry
Berry

Scorpion Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scorpion Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Scorpion Empty Re: Scorpion

Post  Banjo 2014-09-20, 19:41

We'll see........ scratch
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-09-22, 13:49

A not so good review:

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/scorpion/scorpion-review-an-average-dra-54630.aspx

But I very likely won't be watching because it seems formulaic, and worse, the physics of the scene where she stands up in the Ferrari 458 and does something with the underside of the Boeing 777 doesn't check out if we run the numbers.

I won't bore you with the details but firstly, the 777 would have to be flying at least 156-171 mph (depending on model and load) to remain airborne. That is the landing speeds. It's certain that the pilot would actually be keeping the speed higher than that. He doesn't want to land, just make a pass. She would not be able to stand up against the wind blast at those speeds.

One impossibility down.

2. The LAX runway is 12091 ft. long. Assuming that the Ferrari started right at the very end of the runway, east or west, and went to the very end of the opposite end (in the trailer we see it skidding to a stop just before it hits the concrete wall at the end (of course there is no wall at the end of the runway, how stupid would that be ?) and assuming that it is traveling at the minimum speed that the 777 could remain airborne and ignoring the time/distance required to accelerate to that speed and then decelerate at the end, then it would have a time of approximately 40-50 seconds for her to do whatever she is doing under the plane. The scene on TV probably doesn't run that long, we'll see, but the time/speed/distance physics don't add up. The Ferrari has a top speed of 202 mph so at least that number is within the required parameters.

Therefore, with such playing fast and loose with reality in the premire....I say Sayonara. tongue
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2014-09-29, 19:36

LOL! Yeah, I did suspend my belief during that portion of the show. I hope they don't make a habit of it. Otherwise I guess I was just ready for this show. I enjoyed it. It reminded me of Numbers when it first started. I'll keep watching.
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Registration date : 2007-03-17

https://blu5community.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2014-09-30, 09:54

Yes, I enjoyed it too. Reminded me of a short-lived series James Marsters was part of.
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum