The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Sky moving to NM

Go down

Big Sky moving to NM Empty Big Sky moving to NM

Post  Banjo 2021-08-13, 13:23

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11794642/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I've never seen this show but they just announced that they are moving production from Vancouver to Rio Rancho, NM , west side of town just across the river. I don't know of any indoor production facilities over there but they say they will employ 500 prod. crew and will need "thousands of background people" over the course of the season. Technically, background people are different than extras, better pay, no speaking lines though. But maybe they are using the word to include extras because I can't imagine why they would need 'thousands' of background people.

For example, a crowd scene would use extras. Specific appearances wouldn't necessarily be important. Camera wouldn't 'linger' on specific people. But a back ground actor would be the type that is sitting at a table in a restaurant behind the main actors who are doing the scene They would be very noticeable in the scene and would have to have motions, clothing, and facial expressions while talking to look realistic as typical restaurant patrons but would not have any audible speaking lines. We see these types a lot in scenes in The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother. If a background actor does occasionally get a speaking line, not common, then the pay grade goes to about $700 , last time I heard, but union scales don't apply.
Banjo
Banjo

Big Sky moving to NM Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Big Sky moving to NM Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum