The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hell's Kitchen

+3
Iris
Covina Guy
Berry
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hell's Kitchen Empty Hell's Kitchen

Post  Berry 2007-06-03, 01:31

Anybody watch this before? I find all these cooking competition shows to be oddly compelling. Gordon Ramsey comes off as such a "drill sergeant" in this as to be totally unlikeable. But I have seen 2 other series with him in it helping people save their restaurants and one showing him working in his own restaurant and raising animals with his kids at his home. Anyway,I've become a fan of his and am looking forward to the new session of Hell's Kitchen which will be starting at 9pm this Monday...June 4th.
Berry
Berry

Hell's Kitchen Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Hell's Kitchen Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Hell's Kitchen Empty Re: Hell's Kitchen

Post  Covina Guy 2007-06-03, 10:02

Thanks for the heads-up that the premiere is on Monday. I will
definately be watching. I've watched both of the first two seasons and
for some reason have been able to pick the winner by week 2 or 3. It
will be interesting to see what type of personalities they will have
competing this year.

Covina Guy
wiggly squiggly
wiggly squiggly

Registration date : 2007-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Covina Guy 2007-06-03, 10:03

I wish I could figure out why I now have had double posts on the last couple posts I have made.

Covina Guy
wiggly squiggly
wiggly squiggly

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2007-06-03, 13:35

I don't know. Have you been drinking??!! drinkingbuddies

j/k :lol:
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Iris 2007-06-04, 19:34

I'll be watching tonight, just like last season. Gordan can be pretty hot-headed, though it's usually warranted. Sometimes he can be cruel, calling people names like, "you stupid cow" but other than that, I like watching.

Iris
wiggly squiggly
wiggly squiggly

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2007-06-04, 21:31

Well,first one done. I like that woman (Melissa? ) who got to select which two of her team would be nominated to go home. Though I didn't like her telling someone that SHE would not be going home...and then nominating her. But I did like that she gave the one from the "lesser background" a chance...and I think Melissa seems like she listens,she's a leader...and apparently she can cook as well. As Gordon said to her "You're the best of the worst."

Well,from Gordon that's high praise.

So,I've got my favorite already. sunny
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2007-06-05, 14:10

I will "keep up" with this show through all your posts because I won't be watching it due to long held opinions on the profession of cooking. My step father was a chef/cook (his title depending on the relative prestige of the establishment where he was working at any given time. Rolling Eyes ), and a more depressing occupation I can not conceive of, ranking right "up" there with prison guard or undertaker. That's my rant for the week...:D
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2007-06-05, 14:43

The return of "Hell's Kitchen" was Monday's top adults 18-49 draw as FOX was once again the network to beat in the key demographic.

One of these "prison guards" are going to end up owning their own restaurant...not too shabby. :lol:
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Covina Guy 2007-06-05, 15:03

I watched the show and, as usual, enjoyed it. The mix of
people this year is interesting but I wish they had at least one person who
didn't work in the cooking industry for a living. In the past I have found the amateur
cooks interesting to watch because, if they truly listen and work hard, they
grow so much more than the professionals.

After one episode, there are three people who I think might
make it to the end...two guys (Rock and Josh) and one woman (Melissa.) I don't
know if I like any of these three but my initial gut reaction is that these are
going to be the final three. (Now let's see how stupid I'll look when some or
all of them are eliminated early in the competition. :D )

Covina Guy
wiggly squiggly
wiggly squiggly

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2007-06-05, 15:20

Nah,they have got to get rid of the Cryin' Cowboy right off the bat. I'm sure he's a lovely man...but he couldn't take the pressure of the first night...he is NEVER going to be able to stay the course. Suspect

And silly women,did they not watch previous seasons?? The way to get immunity and good pressies is to have your TEAM win. They better find a way to work together and fast! bonked on the head
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Iris 2007-06-06, 23:12

I was really irked the women's team shut down the "waffle house cook." Did anyone see the sneak preview of top Chef tonight? The quick fire challenge in particular. I was hollering, "someone should tell THAT to the Hell's Kitchen team!!" Yep, I'm a foodie :)

Iris
wiggly squiggly
wiggly squiggly

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2007-06-07, 13:28

You people are easily amused....Rolling Eyes :lol:
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2007-06-07, 14:53

That....or we really like watching food being prepared. lol!
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2007-06-13, 03:09

Wow,kind of a shocking outcome. The women's team learned a lesson from what Ramsey said to them last week about not working together and they were much better this time. They won the challenge and got to take a fishing trip and have lunch with Gordon.
But the whole time the men were working on their "punishment" for losing the challenge,this one guy(Aaron)...he's always not feeling well...at one time Gordon told him to go take a 15 minute break. Five hours later he returned to the team. Sleep

Then he was given the job of working out in the room with the customers. That was because Gordon was trying to give him a break and keep him out of the "hot" kitchen. But Aaron couldn't even do this easier job well. First he thought he was out there to schmooze with the customers...like he owned the restaurant. Gordon put a stop to that in a hurry. Then he was supposed to de-bone the sole right at tableside. Problem was he couldn't get the bones out cleanly and it took him too long so dishes that had been perfectly prepared were not hot when served )Also the tension of this made him sweat a lot....it looked like into the food. Ugh

So....was he the one eliminated?? Oh,no indeed! A guy who had all the heart in the world...a great attitude.a team player...he was eliminated for making bad risotto. I was not pleased. No
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Iris 2007-06-13, 11:34

Shocked me too, Berry. I was sure Aaron would be sent home as well. Beatsme

Iris
wiggly squiggly
wiggly squiggly

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2007-06-13, 13:25

This sounds sort of like a typical Sopranos episode, where Artie Buco the owner of the Vesuvius would come out of the kitchen when "the boys" came in for dinner and he would tell them about the special of the day and they would nod approvingly and he would go back to the kitchen and whip the help into shape to get it out quickly, and his wife (the hostess, after Adrianna got whacked) would complain that he was catering to mobsters, but he knew what side his bread was buttered on, never knowing for awhile that Tony had his old restaurant blown up in season one to stop rival gangs from meeting there. But when Artie finally did find out, several seasons later, he grabbed his rifle and confronted Tony, but Tony talked him out of shooting him, by that time the insurance had paid off on the "accident" and he had his new place, and Tony didn't want to whack Artie because then where could he go to get a good Italian dinner? .......I guess the only thing missing is the sweating...Rolling Eyes :lol:
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Hell's Kitchen Empty I'm Hooked...

Post  Bethalani 2007-08-12, 18:40

TOMORROW NIGHT IS THE FINALE!!! Whoo hoo!

I'm hooked on this show! I never miss it.
I've watched all seasons (I think this is the 3rd???).
My vote is for ROCK!
Recaps:
....I liked the little Waffle House girl that got the boot though. I always have a soft spot for the underdog. Would have liked for her to make it...but she just didn't have the education for it. But it was GREAT of Chef to GIVE her that eduction opportunity by sending her to culinary school!
.....What freaked me out to no end was when Jen took the spag out of the GARBAGE CAN! lol.... I couldn't stand her after that.
.....Loved when Chef was doing the paint-ball thing with the guys and WON!
....And if I have to watch one more person messing up rizzotto, I'm going to scream! lol... They have made them make it every season... Don't you think you would have that nailed before you came on the show? lol...
Even I want to learn how to make it just because that's all I hear about on the show! lol...(((Never had rizzotto before...looks sorta gross...lol))).

Can't wait for tomorrow nights finale!

Anyone watch Ace of Cakes? I LOVE THAT GUY!!! lol... He cracks me up! Don't want to start a thread on it if I'm a population of one...lol.

Bethalani

Registration date : 2007-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2007-08-13, 00:04

I watch all of Gordon Ramsey's Shows...I actually prefer the one where you go to his restaurant and he works with different teams of people (usually from other walks of life...the emergency room nurses where the best...his yelling couldn't phase them one iota! )...and I like the one where he helps rescue restaurants that are going down the tubes....usually just by telling them to use fresh local produce and simplify. Hell's Kitchen ,while I like and watch it, is my least favorite. But it has already been renewed for another season.

I'm hoping for Rock to win tomorrow night too. He seems like he "wants" it more.

Haven't ever seen that Ace of Cakes one...I'll have to look for it.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Bethalani 2007-08-13, 07:33

I haven't caught any other Ramsey shows. A little of him goes a long way for me...lol.
YES... Rock does seem more serious about winning. I have no beef about him taking the prize. He outshines Bonnie by a mile.

What about that dude Aaron who kept fainting! lol.
I knew he wasn't going to get far when he was crying in the first episode saying, "I'm already cracking up!".

And how Ramsey ended up calling the red haired gal "GREMLIN". What's up with that? lol... Man, did she take a dive towards the end of the show... She had done so well at the beginning.
I just wish she would keep her hair tied back...or make EVERYONE wear hairnets and sweatbands...LOL!

It's amazing when you have to describe a reality show, how BORING it can sound: Ace Of Cakes is about a guy who owns a cake shop and he makes elaborate cakes...LOL! Let's all watch a guy make a cake! But seriously, these aren't just your normal cakes. I think it's on the Food Channel.

Bethalani

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2007-08-13, 15:40

I wouldn't be bored. I used to love to make really fancy cakes for my kids birthday parties and once I made one for a wine & cheese get together that people wanted to know what bakery it came from cause it was so decorated so good. But unfortunately,everyone grew up and started watching their weight and nobody I know wants to eat cake anymore. No

But I bet I'd still enjoy watching someone make one that was really amazing.

The other 2 Ramsey shows are on BBCA right now although they are soon going to make an American version with him of the one where he goes around saving restaurants that are losing money.
He is a lot different on these shows....not a complete turn around but he is a lot nicer to people and you can just see he has standards. But the best part is when they show him raising animals in his yard with his kids....he's done turkeys and pigs so far. And his wife is beautiful and sweet but she sure gets her say. He is always trying to sweet talk her into letting him tear out her garden for him to build chicken coops or something. And she's tough...he usually has to compromise.
Was hilarious when he fell in love with one of the pigs and wanted to keep it. But they were raising them for slaughter and to put on their table (he thinks everyone should know where their food comes from...it was a lesson for his kids,I think) so off it had to go...and Gordon was quite glum. Sad
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Bethalani 2007-08-13, 21:11

Just finished watching.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] <---Not asying a word about the finale. Keep it moving folks... No spoilers to see here...lol.

Will just have to wait until tomorrow to post my thoughts on the finale!!!!

Bethalani

Back to top Go down

Post  Ancient Roswellian 2007-08-14, 20:17

:waiting: Wink
Ancient Roswellian
Ancient Roswellian
Flutterby
Flutterby

Registration date : 2007-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2007-08-14, 21:40

I thiought the right person won. I †hink the other person will have so many opportunities opening up now as well...that it's all good.

But what shocked the heck out of me was Julia. All along we've seen plucky Julia, held back by her lack of experience but with all "the right stuff." She made such an impression that Ramsey actually said he'd send her to culinary school on his dime and then she should come back and win this thing! High praise indeed...totally a moral victory for her. So what happens? Like everyone else she is brought back to "help" out one of the finalists. And such a sorry display of petty vindictiveness I have rarely seen. She wanted the other team to win so much that I believe she did everything in her power to sabotege her side. bonked on the head

From being pretty sure that Chef Ramsey would have hired her for one of his restaurants, I went to hoping he takes the time to look at what went on in that final service that he didn't see with his own eyes. Then,instead of all the praising Julia that went on....there would be a whole lot of this from Ramsey: censored
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Bethalani 2007-08-15, 19:39

I was bummed about how Julia acted as well. I bet if your team wins, all the other contestants on your team receive some sort of incentive. If there wasn't an incentive, then what would prevent Julia from sabotaging the dinner service? ((Since she was all "I want ROCK to win")).
I was so pumped that Rock won! Can't wait for next season!!!

Bethalani

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2007-08-17, 04:23

At least Top Chef is still on.....last week, the two guys they were trying to eliminate were so equally bad...they eliminated nobody and everyone has to get back in 2 teams and next week, have a "redo".
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next