The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morning Glory

5 posters

Go down

Morning Glory Empty Morning Glory

Post  Berry 2010-11-14, 20:00

I just saw this cute chick flick and enjoyed it. Up and comer has to make a go of a stale early morning tv show while learning how to have a personal life as well. It has a really good cast, Harrison Ford is the grumpiest of retired newsmen, Diane Keaton is a frustrated and whiny tv host, and Jeff Goldblum is his usual quirky but likable self. The 2 young leads are attractive and while the plot isn't something that feels particularly fresh, it is an enjoyable afternoon out. At least, it was for me (the guys were at a football game) . two thumbs up
Berry
Berry

Morning Glory Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Morning Glory Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Morning Glory Empty Re: Morning Glory

Post  Melandra 2010-11-15, 08:41

This sounds cute, I'll definitely have to remember to check it out.
Melandra
Melandra

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2010-11-15, 17:30

I planned to go this week, thanks for the thumbs up Berries. biggrin
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Registration date : 2007-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-11-16, 13:59

Harrison Ford is getting good reviews for his role. I doubt if I'll see it......I just watched "It's Complicated" on HBO and that pretty well fulfills my chick flick quota for this decade.... :lol:
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2010-11-16, 22:30

It's Complicated is a very funny movie.....loved it!!!!!! Come on banjo, get in touch with your female side!!!!!! roflmao
jojo
jojo

Registration date : 2007-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-11-17, 12:00

I prefer to watch them from a distance and comment on the most appealing ones.....but thanks. Morning Glory 156488 Morning Glory 156488
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2010-11-19, 14:14

Saw it yesterday (thurs.) and laughed and laughed and laughed!

It's definitely in the same league with It's Complicated funny wise.

Calling a chick flic really doesn't work for me...probably because of Harrison Ford.

Wednesday I went to see Fair Game, great movie, really great...well done...made me all Suspect again. Very Oscar worthy stuff.
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-11-19, 15:19

You didn't think it was a "chick flick" ? Why? Chicks have always liked Harrison Ford, except now it's old chicks. biggrin

Who is in Fair Game? I'll have to check it out.
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2010-11-19, 18:11

Nope, not a complete chick flick...it's not in the realm of Bridget Jones or Pretty Woman...the lead is a woman, true, but it's not overwhelmingly just about the woman, the supporting cast is too strong to be swept up in that...I'd rather call it a romantic comedy..possibly more like Date Night...I think... :indecision:
Here we go...

Fair Game -The Bourne Identity director Doug Liman teams with screenwriters Jez Butterworth and John-Henry Butterworth to streamline Joseph Wilson's and Valerie Plame's books detailing the explosive outing of undercover CIA agent Plame into a tense docudrama thriller starring Naomi Watts and Sean Penn. At the time her cover was blown by the George W. Bush administration, Plame (Watts) was combing Iraq for evidence of weapons of mass destruction as part of the CIA's Counter-Proliferation Division. Her husband, American diplomat Joe Wilson was attempting to verify a claim that the Iraqis had recently purchased enriched uranium from Niger when the White House began beating the war drums before any solid evidence had been gathered. When Joe penned an editorial in The New York Times decrying the hasty call to war, a prolific Washington, D.C. journalist took the opportunity to reveal Plame's identity as a CIA operative, an act that not only put her career in jeopardy, but also left her various contacts overseas in a precarious position. Years later, a jobless and publicly disgraced Plame wages a vicious fight to clear her name, set the record straight, and keep her family from falling apart.

This is one I'd strongly recommend. Unless you thought the whole thing was cooked up as a liberal conspiracy in the first place. Cutie Then again, either way, you'll still walk out of the movie all grr Suspect like I did....even tho I did get my favorite seat, just behind the Dr Zhivago seat. roflmao

and there was this great Hamletesque cinematic moment...very Fortinbras...but so subtle, like the Tarintino homages...I just saw it because I love the Kenneth Branagh version so much...nerd that I am. Embarassed
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-11-20, 13:34

I won't be seeing it of course. I suppose that they say Robert Novak was the "leaker". Actually it was Armitage in the State Dept. If not for him Novak would never have gotten the info. But the media spin has been otherwise and historians have pretty well given up on setting the record straight and it's all water under the dam now. The Plames live in Santa Fe now and keep a low profile and of course the Richardson regime wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole as far as including them in the social calendar, etc. Needless to say neither will the Martinez administration, the first Hispanic woman ever elected as Gov. in the U.S. and a Repub. to boot. Morning Glory 906692 I'll bet you didn't know that....media suppression and all.... Rolling Eyes
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down