The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharknado ruffles the social fabric !

3 posters

Go down

Sharknado ruffles the social fabric ! Empty Sharknado ruffles the social fabric !

Post  Banjo 2013-07-29, 15:50

You may or may not have seen the uproar.....Leno mentioned it, it was the subject of talk shows, it spread across the world.  I saw the repeat this weekend and I think the reason for all the interest was that it finally achieved the ultimate level in the goofy Saturday night monster/environmental disaster/alien apocalypse movies that is so dear to SyFy's heart.....roflmao  How can Sharknado 2 ever hope to surpass it ? scratch BTW, Tara Reid looked much the worse for wear, not surprising given her lifestyle. That may have been part of the morbid fascination with the movie. scratch 

UPDATED: ‘Sharknado’ Producer Wants Tara Reid for Sequel

by Adam Buckman | July 29, 2013 at 2:30 PM | Sharknado, TV News

Tara Reid in a scene from "Sharknado" (Photo: SyFy)

UPDATED: Tara Reid will certainly be invited back for “Sharknado 2,” one of the movie’s top producers said Monday. The producer, David Latt, told The Hollywood Reporter in an interview that all of the stars of the original “Sharknado” will be asked to participate in the sequel that will premiere next summer on SyFy.
Record Series

“Tara is invited back,” Latt is quoted as saying. “Honestly, I don’t know where that [TMZ story] came from.” Latt was referring to a TMZ story posted over the weekend that said Reid would not be asked to appear in “Sharknado 2,” although her co-star, Ian Ziering, would be.

“”SyFy and [production company] Asylum love Tara [and the other cast members],” Latt said. “Tara was great to work with. She showed up to play. Knew her lines. Was into this crazy, silly film. No drama. No diva. … She was great and we would be lucky to have her in ‘S2′.”

PREVIOUSLY: A “Sharknado” sequel without Tara Reid? Say it ain’t so!

Alas, it is so, at least according to this story on TMZ.com. Reid, 37, co-starred with Ian Ziering in the schlocky shark movie that became a surprise social-network hit on SyFy earlier this month.

The attention has spawned demand for midnight movie screenings in U.S. theaters and showings on European television, according to various stories recently — and, of course, a sequel tentatively titled “Sharknado 2.”

But according to a TMZ story posted on Sunday, Reid isn’t being considered for the sequel’s cast, although Ziering is expected to return.

The first “Sharknado” was a surprise shot in the arm for both Reid and Ziering — two stars who have not had hit movies or TV shows in a number of years. Despite its implausible, B-movie plotline — or possibly because of it — the movie raised the profiles of both Reid and Ziering.

But TMZ says producers had a meeting just last week to begin mapping out their plans for a sequel, and they agreed that the only actor they want back is Ziering.
Click on the pic to watch Ian Ziering take on a killer shark in “Sharknado”:

Ian Ziering and Tara Reid in "Sharknado" (Photo: SyFy)

In the original “Sharknado,” a huge tornado churned up the Pacific Ocean and deposited hundreds of killer sharks in the streets and neighborhoods of L.A. In the sequel, a similar storm will hit New York. “Sharknado 2″ is expected to premiere next summer on SyFy.

Ziering played an L.A. surfer and bar owner in the original movie, and Reid played his estranged wife. Both survived the airborne shark invasion and were reunited at the movie’s end — which has us asking: How are they going to make “Sharknado 2″ with him and without her?

And that’s what Reid would like to know too. She took to Twitter later on Sunday to deny the story, noting there’s no script yet for the sequel and that she hasn’t heard whether she’s up for a return role or not. “There is no script for sharknado 2 until i read it then i will make a decision but everyone that is saying i got cut that is not true #liars,” she wrote, according to this story in the New York Post.
Banjo
Banjo

Sharknado ruffles the social fabric ! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sharknado ruffles the social fabric ! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Sharknado ruffles the social fabric ! Empty Re: Sharknado ruffles the social fabric !

Post  Rus 2013-07-30, 14:46

I have it DVRed and will watch it at some point. These bad SyFy movies seem to be getting worse but are still a must see somehow. It wouldn't take that much to make them a little better/watchable but they are still fun.
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Sharknado ruffles the social fabric ! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sharknado ruffles the social fabric ! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Sharknado ruffles the social fabric ! Empty Re: Sharknado ruffles the social fabric !

Post  Banjo 2013-07-31, 16:25

Looks like I'm going to have to get one of those T-shirts. This thing is really "taking off"......is that a pun ? scratch 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-08-04, 16:23

Sharknado mania sweeps the nation !!! There was a midnight showing at a Regal theater here !! clap 

'Sharknado' Mania Hits Theaters: Midnight Screenings Sell Out, More Shows Added
Aug. 2, 2013, 4:37 PM EST
By Tony Maglio
TheWrap

Syfy's original movie "Sharknado" is in select Regal cinemas Friday for a one-night-only screening. So far, ticket sales have been a whirlwind -- without sharks.

"Advance ticket sales are bloody good," Harry Medved, spokesperson for movie ticketing service Fandango, told TheWrap. "It's unprecedented for a TV movie to be re-released in theaters and do this well in limited release -- but then again, cult movies are more fun to watch on the big screen with a packed audience yelling their favorite lines back at the screen. "

He added, "You need full audience participation to truly appreciate a film like 'Sharknado.'"

Also read: 'Sharknado' Writer Spills Sequel Scenes, One Bone to Pick With the Movie

In New York City -- the reported location of the "Sharknado" sequel, two sold-out midnight show times at the Regal Union Square Stadium 14 have led to the theater adding a third midnight show to meet fan demand.

In Boston at the Regal Fenway Stadium 13 & RPX, a sold-out midnight show led the theater to add a second midnight show. Same thing at the Regal Thornton Place Stadium 14 & IMAX in Seattle.

In Los Angeles, where the red carpet will be rolled out for the cast and crew, the midnight showing at Regal L.A. Live Stadium 14 is nearly sold out.

Dallas's UA Galaxy Theatre Stadium 10 is nearly out of tickets for its midnight showing as well.
Related Articles from TheWrap:
'Sharknado' Director Dishes on the Sequel, Death-Defying Stunts -- and Casting David Bowie
Syfy's 'Sharknado' Coming to Theaters for One Night Only
TCA: 'Sharknado' vs. 'Under the Dome' and the Limits of Twitter
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2013-08-04, 16:28

Oh brother...roflmao 
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Rus 2013-08-05, 16:57

I watched it over the weekend. Beyond the character names none of it was believable or in anyway plausible. I laughed throughout at the endless nonsense that was Sharknado. There too many examples to list about the impossibility of the various scenes. Most unbelievable of all was the lack of traffic in LA during a crisis.
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-08-05, 17:50

I laughed throughout at the endless nonsense that was Sharknado. ......the desired effect for any SyFy Saturday movies....clap 
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-08-07, 16:12

This is never going to end....we hope...roflmao 

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rus 2014-07-31, 17:28

I forgot to mention "Sharknado 2, The Second One" was on last night. I'm sure they will be replaying in the next week or two. I have it DVRed. From the reviews I have read it will be just as awful/awesome as the original Sharknado.  two thumbs up 
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-07-31, 22:12

And it pulled in the highest ratings for any SyFy show ever !  woohoo clap Tonight on the NBC news Brian Williams announced that and wondered what it meant for the survival of the republic. What it means you ninnie, is that there are millions and millions of Powerful and Influential Members of the Viewer Class, such as myself, who recognize historic entertainment when they see it !!  woohoo boing ......I haven't seen it....yet.  Rolling Eyes 
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-08-04, 15:21

Kelly and Michael do their part to save us !  clap 

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down