The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford versus Ferrari

2 posters

Go down

Ford versus Ferrari Empty Ford versus Ferrari

Post  Banjo 2019-09-16, 10:29

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1950186/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Another block buster coming in Nov. ! My movie going this fall will be busier than in years.

Having Matt Damon play Carroll Shelby and Christian Bale playing Ken Miles is a hoot !  Having seen so many of those people listed in the cast list in real life is a plus. I have been lucky in that respect, having lived in CA during that period and seeing them in action.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7467659/Matt-Damon-Christian-Bale-team-new-Ford-vs-Ferrari-trailer.html

Here's a partial list of those portrayed in the movie that I've seen in person, of course there were many others not associated with the Ford vs. Ferrari saga in that period.

Ken Miles
Carroll Shelby
Phil Remington
Bruce McLaren
Lloyd Ruby
Walt Hansgen
Denny Hulme
Ronnie Bucknam
Dan Gurney..........his son plays him....cool !
Chris Amon
Jerry Grant
Mario Andretti

My movie line up, so far, in order of viewing:

Downton Abbey
Ad Astra
Midway
Ford vs. Ferrari
Banjo
Banjo

Ford versus Ferrari Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Ford versus Ferrari Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Ford versus Ferrari Empty Re: Ford versus Ferrari

Post  Banjo 2019-11-12, 16:04

https://autoweek.com/article/car-life/new-ford-v-ferrari-movie-real-its-ever-gonna-get

I'll be seeing this next Tuesday. The way that Christian Bale plays Miles, judging only by the trailers, is a little over the top. Damon, or anyone, playing Carrol Shelby has an essentially impossible task so you can't criticize that. Ken Miles was well known in So Cal before his Ford job as the creator and driver of his "Flying Shingle" MG with which he won most of the 2 liter Cal Club races, also his driving for Hollywood Sport Cars (the lack of the 's' on the end of 'Sport' in their name was a point of contention with many back then. It should always be "sports cars".) in their Ferrari 250GT Berlinetta. One time the battery flew out of it on a corner of the Pomona Fairgrounds road course, while he was driving but that didn't prevent him from winning the B Production class race that day or many others...saw it.

I lived right across the street in El Segundo when Shelby was building the Cobras, which were always visible being road tested west on Imperial Hwy., at speed, after being built in the warehouse on the far south side of LAX, but the GT40s were top secret and we never saw a hint of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Miles
Banjo
Banjo

Ford versus Ferrari Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Ford versus Ferrari Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2019-11-18, 16:02

It topped the box office this weekend ! I'm surprised that such a specialized subject would receive as much attention from 99% of movie goers who probably had never heard of the era. I'm seeing it tomorrow.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rus 2019-11-19, 08:05

I've already seen Doctor Sleep and the new Terminator movie and enjoyed both although I could have waited to see them later when they were released. I wouldn't mind seeing Midway as well as Ford vs. Ferrari and maybe Ad Astra. That's many more movies than I normal watch at the theater. We'll see.
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2019-11-19, 09:27

Midway and F vs. F are the only two I'll be seeing this winter. The reviews scared me off the others.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down