The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warehouse 13

+7
jero
Penny
Banjo
LarryP
Ancient Roswellian
sandisea
Berry
11 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Warehouse 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: Warehouse 13

Post  LarryP 2010-07-02, 16:52

Loved the show [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and am glad it's back!
LarryP
LarryP
Transformation
Transformation

Warehouse 13 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Warehouse 13 - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2010-07-06, 09:26

Reminder that Warehouse 13 starts S2 tonight!

Tonight's TV Hot List: Tuesday, July 6, 2010
• Jul 6, 2010 04:00 AM ET
• by TV Guide News

Warehouse 13
9/8c Syfy
If Spock died in the second Star Trek film and came back to life in the third, and if David Tennant's Dr. Who can "die" and come back as Matt Smith, surely Artie (Saul Rubinek) could've found something in the warehouse to let him survive the inferno that consumed him at the end of the first-season finale. Right? And while we're throwing around sci-fi luminaries, it's worth mentioning that an author who helped to establish the genre turns up in tonight's second-season launch.

Special guest this year ...

Warehouse 13's Bionic Shipment

Lindsay Wagner

How's this for perfect casting? Syfy's Warehouse 13, centered around the U.S. government's secret stash of supernatural objects, has cast TV's original government-owned-and-operated superhero. Lindsay Wagner, who won an Emmy for playing The Bionic Woman's Jaime Sommers, pops up in the Aug. 17 episode as Dr. Vanessa Calder. "She's the official doctor for Warehouse agents. She is quite worldly and knows lots of secrets," says the actress. "My youngest son is a real fan of this show, so he thinks it's so cool."

Now 61, Wagner tours the globe leading holistic and meditation seminars and retreats — interests that her Warehouse character shares. She thinks such humanistic traits were sorely missing from NBC's robotic 2007 Bionic Woman reboot. "They did not recreate what I think people loved about The Bionic Woman," says Wagner, who tuned out after a couple of episodes. "We worked very hard on our show to present human elements and conflicted villains within the constraints of our Cold War formula."

Those of us anxious to see Wagner's beautiful work in the 1976—78 classic are in for a treat, with nbc.com now streaming the first season, and Universal hiring creator Kenneth Johnson to record commentary for the long-delayed DVD set, to be released in early October. "The time has come!" says Wagner. While she has yet to be approached to record her reflections for the DVDs, Universal says they do plan to reach out to her — which is a good thing, because Jaime Sommers can rip you in two like a phone book.
Penny
Penny

Warehouse 13 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Warehouse 13 - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  LarryP 2010-07-06, 14:01

Reruns of S1 are starting ringt now.

See ya' ... I'm going to watch these episodes! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LarryP
LarryP
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-07-06, 18:21

I appreciate that they repeat the new 7 pm episode at 9 pm, otherwise it would conflict with the 7 pm Wipeout, which can't be missed, which reminds me; maybe Jill Wagner could do a guest spot on W13 ?...... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  LarryP 2010-07-07, 15:36

Banjo ... so what did you think of S2 first episode??

It seemed a bit convoluted to me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Oh well ...
LarryP
LarryP
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-07-08, 19:44

It wasn't the best, or worse, but I can't place it in the ratings list. I like the way they mention the names of the old inventors/scientists/engineers of the past, mainly the 19th century. Maybe it will prompt some peeps to look them up and learn more about our technological history. Farnsworth is apparently responsible for inventing their video phones.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2010-07-20, 13:56

Tonight's episode ...

"Gladiators, cowboys, Sci-Fi robots and beach-storming marines are unleashed after an artifact arrives in the next town instead of the warehouse and the team turns to the inventor of television to make things right."

:couchtater:
Penny
Penny

Back to top Go down

Post  LarryP 2010-07-20, 14:12

I'm there! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LarryP
LarryP
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-07-20, 14:58

Mark Sheppard (who "friended" me on facebook) is in tonight's episode. He was in "Serenity" too.
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-07-20, 18:15

I noticed that Allison Scagliotti (the girl that works in the Warehouse) spells her name similar to the famous Italian coach builder. I suppose they are not related. If anyone ever meets her, please ask her for me... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-07-21, 01:35

Will do. This is the kind of thing she has listed on her public sites

First cousin of professional Wakeboarder Alex Scagliotti.First
cousin of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
lead singer/songwriter/guitarist of 'Five Minutes to Freedom'.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-07-21, 18:32

Last night's ep was one of those that elicits controversy, raises questions, and in general throws some of us into speculative fits... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] When I saw Artie drive up in that pretty, red Jaguar XK-150, my memory immediately returned (as I'm sure yours did too, snicker) to the history of the post-war Jaguar XK series. The car was in perfect shape and we can assume that it had been restored, as befits a 50-53 year old car. The more pressing question remains; why did Artie choose to own (I assume he owns it) that particular model of the XK series ? What psycho-sexual, emotional, financial, yes, even political motivations drove him ? Was it the roll-up windows, adding to the creature comforts ? The XK-120 and 140 didn't have them. Was it the slightly larger lateral cockpit room, less bumping elbows with your passenger....or what ? We can only [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Of course our minds immediately turned to what the writers/producers could have done to wow us if they had chosen to have Artie own an XK-SS. True, only 16-20 were built before the factory burned down but I'm sure that there are at least a couple in CA that could have been rented for those scenes and would have given Artie the ultimate in panache, at least if they must stick with the Jaguar marque as his choice in autos.

And that brings us to the final scenes of the episode. The writers seemed to be overly concerned that "Raymond" may blow the place up before they could think of a way to stop him. So when Claudia asks for a "resistor" she is handed a vacuum tube. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] And when she says she needs a "fusible link", Pete says , "the car battery !"... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ....runs over and immediately returns with a length of blue cable. What's that ? Did he snip out a length of the battery cable ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] If so, that would make a poor fusible link because it can carry quite a high current load, while a fusible link is by definition a small wire, or block of low melting temperature metal that "blows" when excess current flows through it. In other words a "fuse" although usually somewhat larger than a fuse found in your home or car. Anyway.....all's well that end's well. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-07-30, 16:43

The latest ep kind of pushes the envelope imho. I guess I shouldn't 'complain' about a show that hardly represents itself as "hard science", but that camera/aging thingy veered more toward fantasy than science-fiction. Not that giving Joanna Kelly an excuse to get glammed up was a bad thing, far from it, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but the "technology" of the camera went beyond one of the basic precepts of good science fiction, which I won't elaborate on here, but if you know what it is you will agree and if you don't know you will still enjoy the episode as presented. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2010-08-03, 10:38

New eppie tonight ... crossover with Eureka's Fargo!

Penny
Penny

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2010-08-09, 13:01

Didn't care so much for last week's episode! Beatsme

This week's episode ...

Around the Bend - Next Episode - Warehouse 13 : Episode 206

Pete's mission to find a traitor leads him into conflict with the Warehouse team.

Penny
Penny

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-08-09, 13:58

Remember watching Tia Carrerra dancing her way back into shape (after having a baby) on DWTS? Nice to see she's back at work. She makes a great villain...and sometimes a good girl. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-08-09, 16:00

I like the "commercial" where he flips the lighter and the Statue of Liberty's torch flares up. They should incorporate that into an episode... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-08-09, 16:04

That is a good one! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2010-08-17, 16:01

TONIGHT ...

Myka & Claudia wrestles with mysterious deaths among college grapplers. GUEST APPEARANCE ... Lindsay Wagner!!!

9/8c
Penny
Penny

Back to top Go down

Post  Trav 2010-08-17, 16:09

I bet she's squeezing 'em to death with her bionic legs!!! :shock: Suspect

Trav
Cocoon Stage
Cocoon Stage

Registration date : 2007-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-08-17, 17:12

W13 is attracting a lot of guest stars. They must like it. Sort of reminds me of all the guests appearing on Entourage....except on W13 they keep their clothes on......so far...... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  LarryP 2010-08-18, 06:01

Thought last night's epi was a winner. two thumbs up
Lindsay Wagner as Dr. Vanessa Calder was cool and it appears that Jaime Murray as H.G. Wells is primed for a recurring role! Only question is whether she is friend or foe. scratch
LarryP
LarryP
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-08-18, 11:47

So does H.G. Wells have superhuman strength ? There were several scenes where she seemed to. Especially the one where she was holding herself and Micah by one hand with that grappling device.

Also, they seem to have several different versions of the Farnsworth video communicator. In some scenes, as in last night, when they open the front cover and look down at the screen the left hand "lid" is bare. But in some earlier episodes (this season, but don't remember the exact episode) there is a wire harness running from a rotary switch on the right side over to the left lid. I thought this was interesting because the same "technology" was used way up until solid state digital switches replaced the mechanical rotary switches in such applications. Although it's not clear what multiple functions are necessary to select with the rotary switch on the Farnsworth.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2010-08-24, 12:00

Tonight's Episode ...

Wrestler Pins Romantic Role/Takes Pass at Acting on ‘Warehouse 13’

On Oct. 1, “Friday Night Smackdown” sets up its pro-wrestling ring on Syfy, but before that, one of the WWE Superstar wrestlers takes an acting turn on Syfy’s “Warehouse 13.”

In an episode airing tonight, Cody Rhodes guest-stars as Kurt Smoller, the former captain of the football team at Secret Service agent Myka Bering’s (Joanne Kelly) high school. Little does he know that Myka has grown up to be half of a team – with fellow Secret Service agent Pete Lattimer (Eddie McClintock) – that chases down mysterious artifacts that have a strange and often dramatic effect on those around them.

“Kurt is the quintessential cool guy from high school, the jock,” Rhodes says. “He is the quarterback of the high school football team. He was in the eye of every girl.

“But it’s cool, because it’s not black and white. With Kurt Smoller, it’s really more of an area of gray. It wasn’t just, ‘I’m the cool kid. I can’t talk to the Myka Berings of the world,’ because Myka Bering was his tutor in algebra.
“So he’s not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I like that.”

Myka runs into Kurt at her high school reunion, and although she winds up under the influence of an artifact, sparks fly.
Kurt’s a little surprised to see his old tutor, now all grown up.

“All grown up,” Rhodes says, “meaning a complete bombshell in an unbelievable blue dress? Kurt Smoller’s high school experience isn’t all that different from Cody Rhodes’, even in the experience of seeing someone you thought was cool and a great conversationalist turn into such a total lovely package – I know the feeling.

“It came as a complete shock for him.”

As for his own experience, Rhodes reveals that he used to enjoy talking to the girl who sat next to him in creative writing.

Then, says Rhodes, about six months ago he was at a gas station in his hometown of Marietta, Ga., and there she was, on her way to see a theatrical performance.

“She was all done up in her absolute best attire,” Rhodes says, “in a very beautiful black dress. Honestly, I was taken aback and a little bit speechless. It was quite impressive.”
Penny
Penny

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-08-25, 16:07

That was pretty good, any episode where Myka (finally learned how she spells her name) gets glammed up is good... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] But just how many of those 'griffon' artifacts were there ? There was one in the Warehouse and one in Colorado, but then all of a sudden there were two in CO. So did they go to the warehouse and get that one ? If so, when ? Missed that part, or something..... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The following relates to something I was told yesterday which reminded me of W13; not exactly "artifacts" in the W13 sense, but suppose....

Someone gets a Norwegian rat (they are very large rats !) and implants electrodes in its skull so that signals can be sent to it from a remote transmitter. The signal receiver along with a video camera which sends back video of what the rat is looking at, along with a GPS unit to tell where the rat is, all of these are carried in a harness strapped to the rats back. The human operator sits in a control room and controls the rat by looking at a video screen. He can steer the rat right and left. In other words sort of like a Predator drone as used in Iraq and Afghanistan except with a rat instead of an airplane. If desired, 8 oz. of C4 could be included on the harness and then steer the rat into an office ..and....kaboom ! You see the possibilities. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Or how about this ? :

Someone wants to be able to detect the fumes given off by explosives such as are used in IEDs, but they don't want to use bomb sniffing dogs, they want to be able to detect the fumes in the air in a given location. Okay, suppose they get some "Sphinx Moths" (these are the 1-2 in. moths with the slender wings with black and white markings. I've seen a few, not commonly seen.) and they train them to recognize IED fumes when they are released into a suspected area and then respond with their 'feeding response' , and alerting the operators/observers.

By now you are saying.."what the deuce has he been smoking ? " [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ......but wait ! Both of these projects were actually done, funded by DARPA (look it up) and carried out at Sandia National Labs.

My friend Frank that I fly with worked there for 31 years in the Explosive Research Div. and personally built the 'moth' project and one of his co-workers did the rat project. After they were done and tested all the equipment and data was turned over to DARPA. What they did with it lord only knows. Frank doesn't know but he told me about them in detail yesterday while I was at his house running performance tests on several electric motors/props that I'm thinking of using on upcoming model plane projects. Anyway, he's been retired from Sandia for over a year now, and is allowed to reveal some of the projects, and give out his email addr. Even that was restricted by his security agreement for a year.

Your tax $$$ at work ! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Banjo on 2010-08-25, 16:19; edited 1 time in total
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum