The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blade Runner sequel

5 posters

Go down

Blade Runner sequel Empty Blade Runner sequel

Post  Banjo 2011-08-18, 15:07

EXCLUSIVE: After revisiting his classic Alien with the upcoming 3D Fox film Prometheus, Ridley Scott is committing to direct and produce a film that advances his other seminal and groundbreaking science fiction film. Scott has signed on to direct and produce a new installment of Blade Runner. He’ll make the film with Alcon Entertainment, producing with Alcon partners Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove. This would be the most high profile project for Alcon since The Blind Side. They got control of the franchise earlier this year, but it's a whole different ballgame with Scott at the helm.

I’m not getting a clear sense at this point whether Scott intends to do a sequel or a prequel to the 1982 film that was loosely based on the Philip K. Dick novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Also unclear is whether they start fresh or reach out to Harrison Ford. The original took place in dystopian Los Angeles in 2019, in which organic superhuman robots called replicants escaped and are hiding somewhere on earth. Ford played Richard Deckard, a burnt out blade runner assigned to hunt them down. His tired life gets altered when he himself falls for one of the replicants and struggles to keep her from being destroyed.

The film was not a blockbuster when first released--it grossed $32 million in its original run--but the film has gained esteem over time. From the bleak but breathtaking visuals to the complex storyline and themes of mortality, Blade Runner became a classic. There has periodically been talks of doing a sequel but those never really went anywhere. After injecting state of the art 3D in reviving Alien, imagine what Scott can do with Blade Runner? Now, the filmmaker is ready to engage. Alcon has its output deal with Warner Bros, which remastered and released a 25th anniversary version on DVD and Blu-Ray in 2007. Warner Bros made the original film.

This is just the first step and the project will have to be written and it will likely evolve during that process. That's what happened on Alien, which began as a prequel to his 1979 classic. That changed when Lost's Damon Lindelof came in with a different take on the subject matter that imprinted on Scott and Fox executives. They wound up making Prometheus, which Fox considers an original but which I've heard is a cousin to the original Alien franchise. That film will be released June 8, 2012, with Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender, Noomi Rapace, Patrick Wilson, Idris Elba and Guy Pearce starring. Scott is repped by WME.
Banjo
Banjo

Blade Runner sequel Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Blade Runner sequel Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Blade Runner sequel Empty Re: Blade Runner sequel

Post  Rus 2011-08-18, 15:17

I just heard about this today. Interesting...
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Blade Runner sequel Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Blade Runner sequel Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2011-08-18, 15:28

Hmmm ... will need to watch again to refresh my memory on this movie! Too long ago!
Penny
Penny

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog 2011-08-18, 16:30

I heard about this earlier today. Sounds like a good deal. I watch the original whenever it's on. I probably have a DVD around here somewhere also. I was never a fan of the alien movies but this should be good. two thumbs up

Now we just need another Fifth Element movie and a Roswell movie.

Blade Runner sequel Silver_hand
Groundhog
Groundhog
Cocoon Stage
Cocoon Stage

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2011-08-18, 18:02

How many director's cuts came out after the original...and now to do a prepostquel? Really? scratch

sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Registration date : 2007-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-08-18, 18:13

I got that DVD set when it came out. It has 5 DVDs, directors cuts, final cuts, alternate cuts, etc. Several booklets on how they made it, a letter from Ridley Scott printed on a clear plastic sheet, a little plastic toy of the flying police car, a silver plastic horse, a 'holographic' plastic block that shows different pictures of Harrison Ford when you tilt it different ways. It's all in a gray plastic suitcase with a carrying handle with "Blade Runner" in big red letters. It is fantastic !!! Rolling Eyes

But it is disappointing that LA in 2019 isn't going to look anything like it did in the movie, and we won't have flying cars. Cry Also, they got the ethnicity of the major population wrong.. disgruntled
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down