The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holiday Movie List

4 posters

Go down

Holiday Movie List Empty Holiday Movie List

Post  Berry 2011-11-07, 13:56

Need a little break over the holidays? Here's what you will find at the movies:

Nov. 23 - Martin Scorsese takes an unusual detour into children's movies with Hugo, a 3-D adventure that involves clockwork automatons and cinematic pioneer Georges Melies. Meanwhile, The Muppets is so anticipated by kids and adults alike that Disney should find it's easy makin' green.

Dec. 9 - Tomas Alfredsson (Let the Right One In), returns to the '80s with John le Carre adaptation Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. It's great that the Cold War is over, but cinema misses evil Commies.

Dec. 16 - Robert Downey Jr. continues his portrayal of the world's greatest detective as drag-donning, drug-taking action hero in Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. Jared Harris may steal scenes as arch-villain Moriarty.

Dec. 20 - Unspoken in all this talk of motion-capture animation is the fact that any franchise spawned from The Adventures of Tintin need never worry about its actors getting old, or quitting. The James Bond series can only dream of such continuity.

Dec. 23 - Tom Cruise's Ethan Hunt is great at climbing and falling, but if he's such a good agent, how come he's always surprised when his team gets double-crossed? We'll find out (maybe) in Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. And while it's cool that Simon Pegg plays a hacker on Hunt's team, we wouldn't like his chances in a cyber battle against The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, that rarest of remakes people are actually looking forward to.

Berry
Berry

Holiday Movie List Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Holiday Movie List Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Holiday Movie List Empty Re: Holiday Movie List

Post  sandisea 2011-11-08, 04:59

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, I'm looking forward to this one, I didn't have a block of time to see the originals in the theater, but now...I do. So I'm there. biggrin

If I can make it happen I'm going to see Anonymous this week and also In Time

Let's see Anonymous, another stab at Who, if not Shakespeare, wrote those darn plays?

In Time--In the near future, people are immortal because the aging gene has been deactivated. To avoid overpopulation, time has become the currency. The rich can live forever, and the rest have to negotiate for their immortality. When a young man comes into a fortune of time, he ends up on the run from a corrupt force known as "time keepers."

I keep thinking all of those $5 drinks I've gotten over the years..what if they cost 5 minutes instead, would I make the same choice...as often? How much time out of your life would a bad date cost? and so on...we all talk about how life is too short to do....but if our choices actually did cost real minutes, would our choices be different? and what about that last hour?

There are a few more I want to see but those are the most immediate. Cutie

want to see:
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Mission Impossible just for Simon Pegg, I'm probably not alone in that.
Breaking Dawn, but I feel like I just have to see the series out at this point...I'm not at the death march stage, I'm not excited either. Which is good because I'll probably really enjoy it then.

Lars Von Trier's Melancholia,
a meditation on depression and the end of the world, stars Kirsten Dunst as the emotionally troubled newlywed Justine whose sister Claire (Charlotte Gainsbourg) throws her a lavish wedding party. As her lack of emotional stability begins to take a toll on Justine's brand new marriage as well as the party -- and old wounds are exposed -- Claire's wealthy husband John (Kiefer Sutherland) knows a great deal about a planet that is on a possible collision course with Earth. The second half of the movie focuses on Claire, who ends up taking her sister in after the marriage collapses, and also begins to fear that John is hiding apocalyptically bad news.

Seems like and experience sort of movie like New World was, could be awful or fantastic...would not exist outside of ArtHouseIndieVille. Possible end of the world as we know it, in more ways than one.
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Holiday Movie List Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Holiday Movie List Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Rus 2011-11-08, 12:51

That's quite a list. A lot of stuff worth checking out. I haven't been to the movies much recently.
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-11-08, 14:23

I doubt if Melancholia will play here, sounds interesting, and Girl With the ......is the most interesting of the other list, and it will play here. But the one I'm really waiting for is The Red Tails which is supposed to be released in January.
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-11-11, 14:25

Kirsten Dunst was on Conan last night. She said the director of Melancholia is very eccentric. His standard greeting is to walk up behind someone and pinch them on the rear. Also he would run around naked on the set on occasion. One time it was raining and she had an umbrella so she was able to open it and shield her eyes, but then he ran around behind her so she spun around to keep the umbrella between herself and him... :lol:
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down