The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New show on SyFy.....

4 posters

Go down

New show on SyFy..... Empty New show on SyFy.....

Post  Banjo 2012-12-16, 19:18

...and the return of Being Human, one of my favorites. This new one looks good; both on Jan.14.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I recognize a couple of the actors names and have probably seen others in past shows... scratch but most are unknowns.
Banjo
Banjo

New show on SyFy..... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New show on SyFy..... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

New show on SyFy..... Empty Re: New show on SyFy.....

Post  BoardMomma 2012-12-16, 21:45

clap Sounds interesting, I'll take a look. :)
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

New show on SyFy..... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New show on SyFy..... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-03-17

https://blu5community.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2012-12-23, 21:18

I just saw the trailor for Continuum, it looks really good! clap
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2012-12-23, 21:21

Be happy to give it a try! sunny
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Rus 2013-01-14, 19:04

Lisa Ryder (Beka Valentine) & Lexa Doig (Rommie) were both on Andromeda. Lexa Doig is married to Michael Shanks who was Dr. Jackson from Stargate SG-1. Looks like a good cast. All those Canadians actors work together at one time or another it looks like.

Also Being Human and Lost Girl tonight. That's a lot of Syfy Monday but I can handle it. two thumbs up
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2013-01-14, 21:17

It was on at 8 but repeats at 10 so I'll watch it. two thumbs up
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-01-15, 12:11

"Also Being Human and Lost Girl tonight. That's a lot of Syfy Monday but I can handle it. two thumbs up ".....whew ! You can say that again Rus ! My DVR is nearly 47% full !

I didn't recognize any of the actors except William S. Davis the 'cigarette smoking man' from the X-Files. But I thought it was very good and has a lot of potential if they can avoid getting too convoluted in their plots. I'm a little confused about the socio-political situation in 2077.... scratch As I understand it the U.S. govt. ran out of money so the "corporations" stepped up and bailed them out leading to a dictatorship. If this is the situation then it makes no logical sense if you think about it, I won't elaborate.

Speaking of William Davis, first he's in 2077 watching "the rebel prisoners" activate the time travel machine and disappear. Then right at the end I got distracted by a phone call and I see him in 2012. How did that come about? Or is it a different person who is his ancestor and part of the "conspiracy" in 2012 that started the revolution or whatever lead to the 2077 situation. I may have to watch a repeat. scratch

The future cops 'bio-suit' conjures up "Terminator" memories and will she ever take it off ? The hygiene situation raises questions.... tongue

These time travel related shows are always interesting to me. This one is similar in some respects to others which I'll list but is unique in its own right.

Journeyman was one. It only lasted one seasons in 2007 and had a lot of potential, I was devastated. Kevin McKidd and Reed Diamond.

Life on Mars was another that only lasted two seasons 2008-2009 however the premise would have made it difficult to continue much longer. Gretchen Mol.

The Sarah Conner Chronicles was another, while not depending entirely on time travel in its premise, it couldn't have existed without it.

All these shows were canceled before their time. Let's hope Continuum lasts longer. two thumbs up
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-01-15, 12:58

John and I think alike ! clap But then most Big Brother fans do.....snicker.

'Continuum' Review: Cop Drama Meets Time Travel
Monday, January 14, 2013

John Kubicek
Senior Writer, BuddyTV

The year is 2077. The government has failed and corporations have taken over control of the country. A small group of rebels coordinate a massive attack on many CEOs at once in order to destabilize the new world order.

Thus begins Syfy's new Canadian import Continuum, premiering Monday at 8pm. This bleak look at the future is beautifully rendered and sets the stage for an impressive time travel series that effortlessly combines serialized science fiction with crime procedural. The fact that it involves time travel is the icing on the cake of this must-watch new series.

Eight of the rebels are arrested and sentenced to die. But at their execution they enact a plan to travel back in time, only one of the future cops, Kiera Cameron (Rachel Nichols) travels back with them. The nine end up in 2012 where the rebels try to prevent the future from ever happening while Kiera attempts to bring them to justice to save her own future in hopes of one day returning to her husband and child.

The cat and mouse game is intriguing, but the true brilliance of Continuum lies in its handling of the time travel paradoxes. In the future, cops are outfitted with advanced technology in their brains to communicate with each other and assess situations. In 2012, Kiera is able to communicate with a present-day teen tech whiz, Alec Sadler (Jericho's Erik Knudsen). How is he able to communicate with her, and more importantly, how is she able to access his encrypted frequency that he just created?

The answer lies in the future as Kiera instantly recognizes Alec's name the same way we might recognize Alexander Graham Bell if we traveled back to 1876. The dynamic between Kiera and Alec is a great one. She knows more than she's telling, and he knows it.

Continuum has already aired in Canada, so spoilers abound
, (oh-oh, you know what I'll be doing. I'll keep quiet for a price. :P ) but I'll let some of the big revelations of the pilot remain a mystery for you to discover. All I'll say is that, as always, actor William B. Davis (who played the iconic Cigarette Smoking Man on The X-Files) plays an important role.

The way the show handles the inherent paradoxes of time travel is quite nice, especially for an avid time travel aficionado such as myself. There's plenty of action, wit, intelligence and more.

Plus, as an added incentive to watch, Continuum has already been renewed for a second season in Canada, so you don't need to worry about it getting canceled anytime soon.

clap clap
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down