The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Academy Award nominations

3 posters

Go down

Academy Award nominations Empty Academy Award nominations

Post  Berry 2013-01-24, 14:17

This was announced 1/11 and slipped under my radar...but here they are

Academy Award nominations

http://www.eujacksonville.com/story2.php?storyid=2858
Berry
Berry

Academy Award nominations Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Academy Award nominations Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Academy Award nominations Empty Re: Academy Award nominations

Post  jojo 2013-01-24, 17:31

I was very disappointed that Ben did not get the nomination for Argo as director. But he showed them by winning the Golden Globe for best director. clap
jojo
jojo

Academy Award nominations Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Academy Award nominations Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2013-01-24, 17:46

I haven't seen Argo yet. But it's on the top of my list of "wannasee's" . sunny
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2013-02-25, 02:56

Here's the complete list of Academy Award winners. Out of the top 5 categories, I was wrong on 4 of them.

http://movies.yahoo.com/oscars/nominees/
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-02-25, 12:53

I'm glad that Jennifer won, and I was pretty sure that Argo would win. No predictions on the rest of them. I watched most of the red carpet but only watched the awards during commercials on The Walking Dead and The Talking Dead so missed a lot but did see the first half hour before TWD and saw the inappropriate "We saw your boobies" "skit", and did see Jennifer fall down while climbing the stairs. With that dress I imagine it was hard to tell where her feet were.

There is a flap on the blogs and tweets this morning about Moochelle highjacking the ending which I didn't see. scratch
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2013-02-25, 13:23

I thought it was the best AA show I had seen in years. I know Seth Hogan did "in your face-bad taste" jokes...but come on, they knew who he was when they hired him. I enjoyed all the musical numbers (the theme of the show was Music in the Movies)and was shocked and pleased when they had Charlize Theron and Channing Tatum beautifully execute an elegant dance routine. The Broadway type dance routine with Seth MacFarlane, Daniel (Harry Potter) Radcliff and Joseph Gordon Levitt was fun and the whole cast rendition of Les Miserables was show stopping!
And any show that has Barbara Streisand singing "Memories" after the In Memoriam portion and the First Lady of the USA opening the envelope for Best Picture of the Year is a high class event to me. clap clap clap
I think a "Well done!" should be given to the Seth MacFarlane Team and I hope they have him back again. Though from the completely contrary views of the critics, I would be surprised.

To be honest, the one off note to me, was an unfunny song done by Seth and the fabulously talented Kristen Chenoweth about "The Losers" of the night done as the closing credits ran. But you can't win them all.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-02-25, 13:58

I thought Seth did a very good job of hosting. I did see the Channing/Charlize dance and the trio dance. Didn't see the Les Miserables or Streisand numbers or the "Losers" number. I agree that it was one of the best AA shows in recent memory, but I just don't think they should include political people, of any strip, in them. They did the same thing with Clinton recently. tongue

But this is what happens when they let politics in :

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/02/25/Loud-Groans-Heard-in-Acedemy-Awards-Media-Room-When-Michelle-Obama-Announced-As-Surprise-Presenter
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2013-02-25, 14:38

People have no respect for the office anymore. And that is not because the Office of President and First Lady don't deserve respect. It is because people were raised in barns by wild wolves...apparently. She is a wonderful representative and I can not imagine such disrespect being shown to Nancy Reagan or Laura Bush or any of the other first ladies who did nothing special to make me stand up and cheer.

Michelle Obama opened an envelope. Big whoopie deal. She didn't "steal" anyone's thunder. She looked more glamorous than any "star" and she said a word about the importance of the movie industry's contributions. She makes me smile with my heart.

I am in love. :flag:
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down