The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Brother 14 -2012 Day 23

Go down

Big Brother 14 -2012  Day 23 Empty Big Brother 14 -2012 Day 23

Post  Banjo 2012-08-03, 12:24

So with Danielle winning, who will she nominate for eviction ? (this should happen this afternoon) It looks like she might put Frank on the block again, he would have been booted last night if it hadn't been for the "twist". Who else will go up ? We will theorize and a consensus might be reached (not likely !! ) By tonight or tomorrow at the latest the next page in the ongoing drama will be written !

10:09pm: DANIELLE WINS HOH!

After 3 hours and 20 minutes, Danielle wins, following in the footsteps of her showmance boyfriend, Shane. I guess Dan's whole "throw competitions" strategy is done now that everyone knows Danielle is one tough cookie.

Shane followed through on his promise to give her another kiss. She promised Ian that he would not go up at all, not originally or as a backdoor option. Janelle wasted no time sucking up to Danielle, as always, talking about how great it is that a girl finally won HoH.

Ironically, as Danielle was winning, Boogie was inside making a Final 2 deal with Frank and telling him how Danielle was going to vote Frank out and how she can't be trusted. Well, this is not gonna be good for them.

I'll be curious to see what she does with the power, how she proceeds with her relationship with Shane and how she handles Dan, who is now no longer her coach. Will she keep listening to him or decide to break free?

And are Boogie and Frank really the top targets? I suppose Danielle could just use this as a week to do what Shane was trying to do last week and get rid of Frank. But the coaches entering the game as players will make things interesting.

Banjo
Banjo

Big Brother 14 -2012  Day 23 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Big Brother 14 -2012  Day 23 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Big Brother 14 -2012  Day 23 Empty Re: Big Brother 14 -2012 Day 23

Post  Banjo 2012-08-03, 12:27

We welcomed a lot of new readers to the Big Brother 14 Live Feeds last night with the arrival of the season’s first endurance competition. If you missed that action then check it out on Flashback. That was one of the best we’ve seen in seasons as it ran for almost three and a half hours. Now that you’ve got your Live Feeds here’s what you can expect.

All Friday we’ll be watching the HGs scramble to kiss the HoH’s butt while covering their own. The new HoH will be making nomination decisions and holding lots of meetings throughout the day. Previous enemies will suddenly become new besties.

Then later tonight we’ll be able to watch the fallout from the nomination ceremony. Two BB14 HGs will go up on the block and the backlash will begin. We can’t see the ceremony itself on the Feeds, but the real drama comes afterward as the house reacts.

On Saturday the Veto players will be picked and the competition will be held shortly after. Both events should happen in the early afternoon. We’ll be able to watch and discover who is wearing the coveted medallion to start learning what could happen next.

The Veto ceremony won’t happen until Monday, but if the Veto falls in to the right hands we’ll get lots of pleading and deal making throughout the house until then.
Banjo
Banjo

Big Brother 14 -2012  Day 23 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Big Brother 14 -2012  Day 23 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-08-03, 14:38

Matt tells it like it is.....

August 3, 2012
Big Brother 14 Reset: Thoughts From Former HG Matt Hoffman
By: Matt Hoffman | Tagged: Big Brother, Big Brother 14, Matt Hoffman

Matt Hoffman (BB12) makes a special return today with his thoughts on Big Brother 14′s “Reset” event on Thursday’s live show. Matt doesn’t pull any punches with his reactions to what brought the game back to square one. Read on for Hoffman’s brutal honesty.

Quite a twisted up series of events we had in the Big Brother house last night. Julie tells us that America has voted to give the coaches the option to forego their coaching duties and enter the game as players for the $500,000. Here are the parameters of their decision options, as I understood it…

If any ONE coach hit the “reset button” in the Diary Room

Every coach is forced to enter the game as a player.
There is no eviction tonight.

If EVERY SINGLE coach passes on hitting the “reset button”

Coaches remain coaches.
Pigs fly.
Someone gets evicted.
Hell freezes over.
Big Brother is going to bring back houseguests that were already kicked out who are probably scorned/angry.
Big Brother owns the souls of the coaches’ firstborn children.
The coaches lose their stipend.
Upon exiting the house, the coaches must live the rest of their lives in captivity on Allison Grodner’s island of misfits reality slaves.

Oh no, coaches – no one made you push that button. But what coach in their right mind (I said “in their right mind”, Boogie) would opt for the whirlwind of cow dung spiraling around Option B??? Of course at least one coach will surely push that poorly-made toy buzzer. And therein is the root of my problem…

…I’m not saying that the voting was “rigged” or that America really didn’t vote in favor of the coaches getting the option to play. Maybe that did happen. I don’t know, and I don’t care. My problem is with the way this was all presented, as well as the unjust ramifications that came with the forced outcome.

If Big Brother wanted the coaches in the game, then they should just own up to their obvious set-ups and say that America voted the coaches into the game. End of story. America voted, and they’re coming in. Why does Big Brother feel the need to patronize the viewing audience with giving the coaches the insane list of parameters that allow them to allegedly “choose” to come back in, when no one behind the scenes OR in the general public can possibly be stupid enough to think that literally EVERY coach would ALL agree to the consequences of not “resetting”?

Oh wait – I know why!…It’s because if the coaches were just told to be in the game with no other parameters, then Big Brother would’ve missed the opportunity to:

1) Deny the viewers of seeing the greatest Big Brother blindside since Season 8’s Dustin.

BB8 Dustin shockedFrank was about to go home this week. Frank and Boogie were clueless. Not only were they clueless, but they were arrogant and overconfident about the entire situation. I have been anticipating the look on Boogie’s face when Julie read the voting results for the greater part of this week. The real reason that Boogie was the only one who didn’t push the button is because he wrongfully thought that Frank would be safe after the vote, and it would only make his alliance in the house stronger by eliminating one from the other side (Joe).

This point is further punctuated by the fact that the rules stated that if the coaches did NOT enter the game, then someone WOULD be evicted. But if they DID enter the game, then NO ONE would be evicted. Simple mathematics combined with remedial logic and rationality would dictate that (with the number of people left in the game and the number of weeks left until finale) it should have been the other way around! The way the twist worked, you’re either left with 7 players or with 12. If the 7 player option happened, the coaches knew that they’d be bringing back in people that they had already kicked out to fill the house. That would clearly detract them from all not hitting the button, because not everyone is going to want to face people that they have already rallied against to get out. Had the option been reversed (eviction if coaches enter, no eviction if they don’t), then no matter what the coaches chose to do, we’d be left with 12 players or with 11 players – both similarly workable/fair numbers, and MUCH more sensible….but, of course, then we wouldn’t have saved the precious Boogie/Frank 2nd-rate Chilltown alliance that was on its way out the door.

2) Waste Shane’s entire HoH week.
Shane should definitely be more pissed off than anyone about last night’s series of events. All of the work put into the plan to backdoor Frank without him or Boogie knowing (which was awesomely kept secret for the entire week somehow) was a complete waste of both time and strategy.

3) Waste the past four weeks of all of our lives.
If you told me in advance that any show that I watch (no matter how much I like it) was going to start itself over in four weeks, I’d probably just wait four weeks to start watching the show. Just sayin’…

4) Continue in the ever-growing tradition of screwing with inherent game parameters.
“Reset button”? Are you kidding me??? The only “reset button” that should be pushed is to “reset” the Big Brother game back to the early/mid 2000’s when it had some semblance of integrity.

I’m drawing the definitive line in the sand of when things started to get REALLY out of hand with Season 11’s coup d’etat. Season 12 stepped it up a bit with the Diamond Power of Veto that was just handed to me through Producer’s Pandora’s Box. Season 13 went WAY over the top with the twist near the end of the game that basically did nothing other than ensure the safety of two very specific players (Rachel and Jordan). And now we start again in Season 14 with this. I think that Season 13’s offense was a bit worse, but it’s still early this year. Once that coach’s room turns into Pandora’s Box again (like we all know it will), get ready for potential game manipulation like we’ve never seen before!

Although I, personally don’t like twists, I am of the understanding that I am probably in the vocal minority, and that most casual viewers of Big Brother probably enjoy the twists. And I am not at all against twists, in general. I am against twists that pinpoint favoritism to a specific person or group of people.

Big Brother seasons typically have “theme twists” and then “side twists”. Theme twists are the twists that are announced pre-season and that the show is based around. Coaches, Duos, Saboteur, Exes, Couples, etc. Side twists are the little unexpected twists that crop up during the game like America’s Player or Pandora’s Box or just other general surprises that Julie drops on the houseguests during the season. I am 100% all for theme twists. I think that they make each season more self-contained and definable, and it’s fun for the houseguests entering the house to know that something big is coming…

…It’s those side twists that start getting sketchy. And it never used to be that way. Each year things get more and more suspect. “Rigged” is not even the word that I would use as much as “manipulated”. Anyone who has followed me over the past couple years can attest to the fact that I have been a very strong defender of production and the fact that they are making a television show, so there needs to be some leeway granted in many situations. But I’m having a really hard time keeping my faith in the “powers that be” over in the Big Brother world. And truthfully, it makes me sad.

There’s a reason that the ratings for this season are lower than they’ve been in years…and it ain’t the Olympics. Get it together, Big Brother. You’re better than this. You’ve created some of the greatest competition-based television programming in the history of reality TV! You’re not too far down the rabbit hole, and there’s still opportunity to recover and save face. On behalf of myself and all the other fans that have dedicated over a decade of our lives watching (and, in my case, playing) the game … please come back to us, Big Brother. We miss you.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-08-03, 21:23

This is a looong day for a Friday.... tongue Still waiting for the nomination results....meanwhile....

'Big Brother 14': How Many Double Evictions Will There Be?
Friday, August 03, 2012

John Kubicek
Senior Writer, BuddyTV

The "Reset the Game" twist on Big Brother 14 was certainly a major shake-up. All four coaches were dropped into the game, there was no eviction and now here we are in week 4 with 12 players still in the game. Usually at this point we're down to 10 and about to head into the jury, but this season just got a whole lot longer.

And that comes with one big question: How will the show get rid of everyone? The finale of Big Brother 14 is set for Wednesday, September 19, which gives the show just six and a half weeks to evict 11 houseguests.

Going into the finale there are usually three players still in the game. By my count, that leaves six live Thursday eviction episodes between now and then, meaning nine HGs will have to go home in that time.

In other words, we're looking at THREE double eviction episodes. And all Big Brother fans know that the double eviction episodes are the best. The show packs an entire week's worth of action into a single hour as there's an eviction vote, a new HoH competition, nominations, a Power of Veto competition, a second eviction vote, and a new HoH competition all in one episode.

Double eviction episodes are also the time when big moves are made. In the last two seasons the live double evictions were used to get rid of Jeff Schroeder and Brendon Villegas. Since there's not a lot of time to strategize, it's always the big, obvious targets who go home.

Unless there's some other new twist, half of the remaining Thursday episodes will be double eviction nights. Typically there's only one, so Big Brother 14 is going to get fast-paced very quickly.

But since they've already had several game-changing twists, maybe there will be others. Here's a rather complicated concept they might try next week. The HoH gets to nominate THREE players for eviction, leaving seven others to vote. The two HGs with the most votes will both go home, and the HoH would get to be a tie-breaker. That would make the HoH a lot more powerful, but it would also create some chaos with the vote coordination. You would need to split the votes among the two people you want to send home. The potential for people going insane would be at an all-time high roflmao . However, something like this only works early when there are still enough people to allow for four of the players to be left out of the voting.

Whatever the case, having 12 players left in the house at the start of week 4 seems ridiculous, especially since there's so little time left in the season. There's going to be a lot of carnage and some of it will happen very quickly.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-08-03, 22:13

Whew ! Results finally in.....I'm exhausted ! Now I can make a chicken sandwich, watch the Olympics, then 45 minutes until BB After Dark ! wave

Big Brother 14 Week 4 Nominations:

Frank
Wil

We saw these nominations coming all day as Danielle debated who to put on the block, though she nearly swayed just before the ceremony. It was always about Frank, but it took her awhile to settle on how to arrive at his eviction. So now this is Frank’s third time on the block in four weeks of nominations. If he can pull off a Veto win then he’s got some serious nine-lives going on. If either nom comes down Boogie goes up.

Wil ended up on the block in part because Danielle believes he revealed to Boogie and Frank that the house was about to blindside him. Now I thought Joe revealed that when it was just him, Boogie, and Jenn on the sidelines of last night’s competition. Oh that Joe, he’s quite the pot stirrer. I might not care for his DR sessions, but he knows how to get the house riled up and then sneak away leaving someone else in the mess.

The house is pretty tense about these nominations as the lines are being drawn clearer each day. Watch the HGs react live and uncensored with the Live Feeds Free Trial.

The Power of Veto competition will be held very soon, likely on Saturday, so stay close and keep checking in for those spoilers. Join us on Facebook, Twitter, and get our free email updates to find out as soon as the Veto results are in.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down