The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caprica

+4
sandisea
Berry
Penny
RaTTLHeD
8 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Caprica - Page 2 Empty Re: Caprica

Post  BoardMomma 2010-02-19, 22:56

Just wondering what you all are thinking about the series now. I'm finding it a little "creepers". Yet, I can't turn it off. I'm loving the back story and wanting to fast forward just a bit to see how it all evolves. But the Greystones...are freakish people..but then that does fit doesn't it. It takes insanity to breed insanity so to speak....Are the numbers any better?
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Caprica - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Caprica - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-03-17

https://blu5community.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-02-20, 07:00

I'm loving it. Liked last night's a lot..especially the part about Sam Adama talking over the kidnapping with his brother...and the dancing robot. James Marsters is showing up on March 5th and a VP from Syfy seems to find that significant:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He says they are standing behind this series...but a renewal would be a good way of showing that. sunny
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-02-20, 11:32

It's still okay. Taken as a "stand alone" concept as a series and plot I can enjoy it but still can't wrap my mind around the concept, and never will be able to, as a prequel to Battlestar Galactica and all that follows.

The household robots/servants are interesting and must be modeled after the "Schmoos" from the Lil' Abner comic strips of the late 40's-early 50's. Al Capp would be proud. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-02-20, 11:36

Well, gee, they are building towards showing how this evolved 50 years later into BSG. You're not going to see it in day 1 or 2 or 3. I think the action factor will ratchet up once "Barnabus" (James Marsters) arrives. :bounce:

Here's some pics of Barnabus and Lacey's first meet-up

Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-02-20, 17:04

Yes, I understand that they will show how it evolves into BG. That's not my problem. My problem revolves around such details, among many, as seeing a Morris Minor station wagon parked at the curb, and a guy driving a 50's vintage Ford Fairlane, and men wearing 40's vintage hats and business suits......and...and....the list goes on. My point is; I can't relate 20th Century Earth objects, culture, etc. to an alien civilization far away somewhere whose survivors eventually wind up on prehistoric Earth. I'm sorry, I just can't grasp the logical concepts.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] from a science-fictional viewpoint.

One way around this quandry, for me, would be to have Caprica be the home of settlers from a future Earth who had to leave because of some cataclysm or just on an exploratory mission. This would give some credence to their Earth cultural artifacts (although why anyone would want to recreate a Morris Minor is crazy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) and then they develop the robots who become Cylons and then the destruction scenario could be played out leading to BG and they eventually arrive on Earth at some point in the future. I could grasp that scenario, it makes logical sense.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2010-02-21, 22:35

Banjo wrote:Yes, I understand that they will show how it evolves into BG. That's not my problem. My problem revolves around such details, among many, as seeing a Morris Minor station wagon parked at the curb, and a guy driving a 50's vintage Ford Fairlane, and men wearing 40's vintage hats and business suits......and...and....the list goes on. My point is; I can't relate 20th Century Earth objects, culture, etc. to an alien civilization far away somewhere whose survivors eventually wind up on prehistoric Earth. I'm sorry, I just can't grasp the logical concepts.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] from a science-fictional viewpoint.

One way around this quandry, for me, would be to have Caprica be the home of settlers from a future Earth who had to leave because of some cataclysm or just on an exploratory mission. This would give some credence to their Earth cultural artifacts (although why anyone would want to recreate a Morris Minor is crazy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) and then they develop the robots who become Cylons and then the destruction scenario could be played out leading to BG and they eventually arrive on Earth at some point in the future. I could grasp that scenario, it makes logical sense.

I have to agree with you Banjo. One of the first classes I ever took in Science Fiction Writing taught me there are two things you never do in your work. Never have an Earth-type setting on a foreign planet and never, never have cars. We will not be driving cars in the future.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I think I took that class in 1980. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You don't do this because it shows a lack of creativity. So, there is going to have to be an explanation at some point or there's no credibility.

Still, I'm interested and looking forward to seeing James Marsters. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-02-22, 00:41

Here's the production designer discussing his choice of using vintage cars:

One of the many elements that made "Battlestar Galactica" so unique was its blend of retro and futuristic technology; the characters had the ability to fly between the stars yet still relied on corded telephones.

"Caprica" is no different, only on this series it is the cars that give the show its futuristic vintage feel.

In amongst the current models, such as Smartcars, viewers will be able to spot several classic models, particularly from European brands. But, if seeing a Smartcar parked next to a Citroën DS is a little odd to you, "Caprica's" production designer Richard Hudolin insists it only helps add some character to the show, while also further rooting the origins of each of the shows key players.

“They’re a good counterpoint to the glass and chrome of the sets,” he said. “I wanted to balance that out, soften the look. So we started looking at older cars.”

The same approach was taken throughout "Battlestar Galactica's" four seasons, by introducing several retro staples to keep the series rooted in reality and to push the dark and brooding tone of the overall series.

“We were using 1940s ship intercom systems even though ‘Battlestar Galactica’ was really current,” he added.

The challenge is to continue finding vintage automobiles to use, but the effort has paid off in keeping "Caprica" alien but still grounded as an almost planet-based show that fans -- even those not entirely into science-fiction -- can relate to.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-02-23, 19:35

" two things you never do in your work. Never
have an Earth-type setting on a foreign planet and never, never have
cars. We will not be driving cars in the future.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I can agree with the first part if he means contemporary Earth settings, but we will recall that SG-1, for one, had many cultures that were patterned after medieval Earth cultures and they worked okay. The second part I can't agrree with because there is no way to know or flatly state that we won't have cars in the future. How far in the future ? Why would self-propelled ground transportation not be needed or practical for many applications ? I can think of at least three, off the top of my head, that violates his standards but are considered quite successful S-F; The 5th Element, I Robot and Blade Runner.

But, if seeing a Smartcar parked next to a Citroën DS is a little odd
to you, "Caprica's" production designer Richard Hudolin insists it only
helps add some character to the show, while also further rooting the
origins of each of the shows key players.

I don't understand this. To have exact models of contemporary Earth cars is distracting and still baffling to me as to the logic. If he would have some sort of vehicles recognized as "cars" but clearly of alien origin parked at the curb I could understand that. Of course building mock ups and models of them would be time consuming and more expensive or they could just assume that ground transportation is obsolete on Caprica which would be the simplest solutions for us old grouches.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-02-24, 13:39

Little background on the New Cap City game mentioned in Caprica

Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2010-02-24, 21:24

Banjo wrote:I can agree with the first part if he means contemporary Earth settings, but we will recall that SG-1, for one, had many cultures that were patterned after medieval Earth cultures and they worked okay. The second part I can't agrree with because there is no way to know or flatly state that we won't have cars in the future. How far in the future ? Why would self-propelled ground transportation not be needed or practical for many applications ? I can think of at least three, off the top of my head, that violates his standards but are considered quite successful S-F; The 5th Element, I Robot and Blade Runner.

I agree with most of what you said. What I recall about the teacher in that class is that he thought the future...our present would be much brighter and more trouble free than the reality. He invisioned more mass transit than cars...the bullit train is pretty close to what he talked about.

You hit the nail on the head with the "contemperary earth setting". It did seem to work in some special cases..I seem to remember an Outer Limits episode and there was an old movie...not sure of the name..my heads fuzzy but I think it was The Martians. SG-1, The original Star Trek and other Sci Fi shows did use many cultures that were patterned after medievil Earth cultures and that was the difference. It was not the Earth culture thrown into the story but a culture created by the writers that was based on Earth culture but fit the alien characters and their background and story. Avatar is a good example of that.

Banjo wrote:I don't understand this. To have exact models of contemporary Earth cars is distracting and still baffling to me as to the logic. If he would have some sort of vehicles recognized as "cars" but clearly of alien origin parked at the curb I could understand that. Of course building mock ups and models of them would be time consuming and more expensive or they could just assume that ground transportation is obsolete on Caprica which would be the simplest solutions for us old grouches....

I think Banjo that you and I are not grouches...we're just SF purists. I cut my teeth on Philip K. Dick before I even hit my teens...and that was all it took for me...That was...and still is to me REAL science fiction. Of course it's all dated material now...but in the day the best stuff around.

I've just decided to ignore the cars....for now anyway. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-02-25, 19:55

I'll do my best AR. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] But will still watch for what they consider "vintage cars". A Morris Minor station wagon isn't one, but has a certain funkiness in its own right. Now if they have a Duesenberg SJ or even a Morgan trike or Cord 812, now that would be vintage.

You probably know that Phillip K. Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep was the basis for Bladerunner.

I cut my S-F teeth on Heinlein, Asimov and Kornbluth, among others.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-02-25, 20:21

from Facebook Caprica

'Caprica's' first Cylon and chief enforcer talk about the Syfy show's future

The following story contains thoughts about Syfy's "Caprica" and interviews with cast members Sasha Roiz (Sam Adama) and Alessandra Torresani (Zoe Greystone). On this post, there's also a video clip from Friday's episode and an exclusive video interview with Roiz and Torresani from their recent visit to Chicago.For other "Caprica" stories and interviews, look here.

Friday's "Caprica" (8 p.m. Central Friday, Syfy) may defy your expectations. You'd think an episode in which characters find themselves trapped inside a virtual world that resembles a videogame would be brightly colored and chaotic.
Not so. Michael Nankin, who directed several key episodes of "Battlestar Galactica" (the drama for which "Caprica" acts as a prequel), bathes the "New Cap City" game in warm sepia tones and uses sharp camera angles, retro clothes and beautifully composed visuals to recall the tense, melancholy world of film noir.

"Caprica" has had some trouble unifying the many stories it's trying to tell, but Friday's episode is more successful because it focuses on two major threads -- the virtual "V-world" of "New Cap City," and the attempts by Joseph Adama (Esai Morales) to connect with his son William (Sina Najafi), despite the fact that both are grieving the deaths of family members in very different ways.

9In the March 5 episode, James Marsters ("Buffy") begins a recurring role as a terrorist leader, but John Pyper-Ferguson is also memorable in a meaty guest role as Tomas Vergis, a business titan and frenemy of technology mogul Daniel Greystone (Eric Stoltz). "Caprica" still may be a bit slower paced than I'd like, but it is also setting up some intriguing story lines and the cast and guest actors are top notch (it's especially pleasurable to see Stoltz work with Pyper-Ferguson and Paula Malcolmson, who plays Daniel's wife, Amanda).

Speaking of defying expectations: Alessandra Torresani, the exuberant actress who plays the “first Cylon” and a virtual avatar of Zoe Graystone on the Syfy drama, isn't much like her characters (though they all display flashes of her impish irreverence).

Over a recent lunch at a Chicago hotel, during which she bantered playfully with castmate Sasha Roiz (who plays Sam Adama), she exclaimed, "Bread overload!" when a waiter approached the table, and she later gleefully dug into a plate of French toast.

She also ordered a double espresso, though I've rarely met anyone who appeared to need caffeine less. But she may have wanted the energy boost for her trip to the Chicago suburbs later in the day; she couldn't wait to go see her 93-year old grandfather, one of many relatives in the Chicago area.

"Chicago is my favorite city," she exclaimed, and reminisced fondly about shooting an episode of "ER" with George Clooney in the Windy City when she was 10.

Suffice to say, Torresani (who Twitters here) is not even remotely robotic in person, despite playing at least two technology-derived characters on "Caprica." After Zoe's death in a terrorist bombing on the planet of Caprica, a virtual version of Zoe continued to exist in the "V-world," and her personality was also downloaded into an advanced robot that her industrialist father created.

Not that Zoe, a technology whiz like her father, was necessarily in favor of the limitless possibilities of cyberspace. She secretly allied herself with a group called the Soldiers of the One, a terrorist group devoted to furthering monotheism on the polytheistic Twelve Colonies.

"You can see the attraction [STO] has for the younger generation, because you can see how the [adult] generation has gone off the rails, morally," Roiz said. "There's a whole movement by the younger generation to create a new world and a new moral code."

It was smart to cast such a lively, expressive actress in the role of Zoe. Even when she's playing the robot (and without going into a labored explanation of how, you can still see Zoe during the robot's scenes), Torresani's Zoes -- both the robot and the avatar -- are alert, intelligent presences. When her parents figure out that a version of their dead daughter is trapped in the robot wandering around Daniel Graystone's lab, all hell is likely to break loose.

Torresani didn't realize that she was going to be playing an iconic character in the "Battlestar Universe" -- the first Cylon -- until after she'd auditioned for the role.

"I didn't watch 'Battlestar' -- I didn't know anything about it so there was really no pressure," Torresani said. "I didn't know, going into the audition, that I'd be playing a Cylon. I was told, 'You'll be playing a rich girl and then a [virtual] avatar of yourself.'"

"I think it would have been really weird if I was an obsessive fan" of "Battlestar" -- which she later watched and greatly enjoyed. If she had been a fan prior to her audition, she said, she might have consciously or unconsciously copied the actors who played Cylons on that show.

The robot becomes a central part of Daniel's business plan, but the online Zoe, who interacts with other "Caprica" characters in virtual worlds via the "holobands" invented by her father, is on her way to becoming an independent person. Zoe may have had a plan for her virtual self, but her avatar is learning how to think more independently.

"She's her own person," Torresani said of the avatar Zoe. "That's what you learn. She really grows up a lot on the show, compared to how she was in the pilot."

Roiz's character, Sam Adama, is a much-tattooed enforcer and a respected -- if not feared -- member of the immigrant Tauron community, which is somewhat ostracized on the well-to-do planet of Caprica. He and his brother, Joseph, frequently spar over Joseph's attempts to assimilate into Caprican culture, and Sam becomes something of a surrogate father for William Adama.

William Adama grows up to become the military leader of the rag-tag Colonial Fleet in "Battlestar Galactica," but the creative team for "Caprica," which includes several "Battlestar" alumni, has encouraged the actors on the new show to not feel beholden to that acclaimed drama, the actors said.

"The only pressure, really, is fans' level of expectations, which sometimes can be unrealistic," Roiz said. But viewers of the newer show may recognize the kind of storytelling seen on "Battlestar," Roiz said.

"Every character is forced to face themselves and think about what path to follow," he said. "I don't think there's a single character who doesn't change paths at some point."

One of the show's most refreshing touches was the way it introduced Sam's male life partner with no fuss. Relationships of all kinds are calmly accepted in the Twelve Colonies, even in the somewhat tough world of the Taurons, a culture with a retro, '40s vibe.

"I didn't anticipate that at all, given the nature of the character," Roiz said of Sam's sexuality. "But then I realized that it was going to be a great addition to the character, this other dynamic. I think it gives Sam a whole other feel. And you get a sense of a world that, on that level, has evolved."

Torresani said the story lines put into place in coming weeks start to evolve quickly in the second half of "Caprica's" first season, which will air later in the year.

"In the second half, a lot of the story lines converge," she said. "A lot of interesting things start to occur and things start to spin out of control at a very fast pace."

Written By: Maureen Ryan
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2010-02-25, 21:03

Banjo wrote:I'll do my best AR. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] But will still watch for what they consider "vintage cars". A Morris Minor station wagon isn't one, but has a certain funkiness in its own right. Now if they have a Duesenberg SJ or even a Morgan trike or Cord 812, now that would be vintage.

You probably know that Phillip K. Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep was the basis for Bladerunner.

I cut my S-F teeth on Heinlein, Asimov and Kornbluth, among others.

Yes, I knew about Bladerunner. Didn't like it the first time I saw it but it's grown on me and I like it now. Asimov....be still my heart.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] While my girlfriends were reading Nancy Drew I was off secretly reading Asimov....The Gods Themselves. Highly provocative...and still one of my favorites...Heinlein came a little later but yes I liked his writing as well. Not familiar with Kornbluth...I'll do a google search and check him out. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-02-26, 15:20

Kornbluth wasn't as well known as Heinlein or Asimov and he often co-wrote with another writer who's name escapes me.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ...oh, Pohl. Perhaps his most famous story was The Marching Morons.

I got to thinking last night....my first real exposure to s-f was the Tom Swift books by Victor Appleton. These aren't usually considered s-f but they are/were in the sense that they presented slightly futuristic mechanical and electrical "inventions" by a teen-age "genius" and sparked the imaginations of several generations of kids.....almost entirely boys, to think about technology and what is possible beyond the "present". In that case about 1910-1940. Of course I read them much later than that after finding 5-6 of them in my aunt's bookcase on her Indiana farm, left there by older cousins, and sought out other books in the series at school libraries.

Here's a good site: I had forgotten most of those character names and some of the book names: Nostalgia trip !!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The nice thing about that site is that you can download all the books !...an excerpt from Tom Swift and His Sky Racer:

Don't go, father," said Tom. "You will be as much interested in this
as I am. This is Mr. Gunmore, of the Eagle Park Aviation Association.
This is my father, Mr. Gunmore."

"I've heard of you," spoke the secretary as he shook hands with the
aged inventor. "You and your son have made, in aeronautics, a name to
be proud of."

"And he wants us to go still farther, dad," broke in the youth. "He
wants me to build a specially speedy aeroplane, and race for ten
thousand dollars."

"Hum!" mused Mr. Swift. "Well, are you going to do it, Tom? Seems to me
you ought to take a rest. You haven't been back from your gold-hunting
trip to Alaska long enough to more than catch your breath, and now—"

"Oh, he doesn't have to go in this right away," eagerly explained Mr.
Gunmore. "There is plenty of time to make a new craft."

"Well, Tom can do as he likes about it," said his father. "Do you think
you could build anything speedier than your Butterfly, son?"

"I think so, father. That is, if you'd help me. I have a plan partly
thought out, but it will take some time to finish it. Still, I might
get it done in time."

"I hope you'll try!" exclaimed the secretary. "May I ask whether it
would be a monoplane or a biplane?"

"A monoplane, I think," answered Tom. "They are much more speedy than
the double-deckers, and if I'm going to try for the ten thousand
dollars I need the fastest machine I can build."

"We have the promise of one or two very fast monoplanes for the meet,"
went on Mr. Gunmore. "Would yours be of a new type?"

"I think it would," was the reply of the young inventor. "In fact, I am
thinking of making a smaller monoplane than any that have yet been
constructed, and yet one that will carry two persons. The hardest work
will be to make the engine light enough and still have it sufficiently
powerful to make over a hundred miles an hour [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , if necessary.

"A hundred miles an hour in a small monoplane! It isn't possible!"
cried the secretary.

"I'll make better time than that," said Tom quietly, and with not a
trace of boasting in his tones.

Later on there was a Tom Swift Jr. series. I don't know anything about that. Only the originals are legit imho.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-02-26, 15:52

From Tom Swift and His Wireless Message:......remember, nearly science fictional in 1910;

The monoplane was then wheeled to the end of the starting ground.
Tom took his place in the seat, and Mr. Jackson started the
propeller. At first the engine failed to respond, but suddenly with
a burst of smoke, and a spluttering of fire the cylinders began
exploding. The hat of Mr. Damon, who was standing back of the
machine, was blown off by the wind created by the propeller.

"Bless my gaiters!" he exclaimed, "I never thought it was as strong
as that!"

"Let go!" cried Tom to Mr. Jackson and Eradicate, who were holding
back the monoplane from gliding over the ground.

"All right," answered the engineer.

An instant later the explosions almost doubled, for Tom turned on
more gasolene. Then, like some live thing, the Butterfly rushed
across the starting ground. Faster and faster it went, until the
young inventor, knowing that he had motion enough, tilted his planes
to catch the wind.

Up he went from earth, like some graceful bird, higher and higher,
and then, in a big spiral, he began ascending until he was five
hundred feet in the air. Up there he traveled back and forth, in
circles, and in figure eights, desiring to test the machine in
various capacities.

Suddenly the engine stopped, and to those below, anxiously watching,
the silence became almost oppressive, for Tom had somewhat
descended, and the explosions had been plainly heard by those
observing him. But now they ceased!

"His engine's stalled!" cried Garret Jackson.

Mr. Swift heard the words, and looked anxiously up at his son.

"Is he in any danger?" gasped Mr. Damon.

No one answered him. Like some great bird, disabled in mid flight,
the monoplane swooped downward. A moment later a hearty shout from
Tom reassured them.

"He shut off the engine on purpose," said Mr. Jackson. "He is vol-planing
back to earth!" (when I first encountered this word, used often in his books, I went.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , but soon learned that it was an early word for gliding.) And after that discovered that no one else in my generation or even my parents knew the word ! I was insufferable. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nearer and nearer came the Butterfly. It would shoot downward, and
then, as Tom tilted the planes, would rise a bit, losing some of the
great momentum. In a series of maneuvers like this, the young
inventor reached the earth, not far from where his father and the
others stood. Down came the Butterfly, the springs of the wheel
frame taking the shock wonderfully well.

"She's all right--regular bird!" cried Tom, in enthusiasm, when the
machine had come to a stop after rolling over the ground, and he had
leaped out. "We'll make a good flight to-morrow, Mr. Damon, if the
weather holds out this way."
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-03-01, 16:41

Seriously, if you don't want to be spoiled, don't look at this first appearance of James Marsters on Caprica!

But Holy Guacamole! Barnabas taking a cue from the saints...he needs to be CANONIZED!!!

Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-03-03, 20:53

Caprica is about the Fall of America!

Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-03-05, 11:30

An interesting interview. I would submit that Caprica is more about the fall of Rome (monotheism vs. polytheism, etc. ) than contemporary issues.

climatologists or experts on food supplies and clean water to know how precarious our situation is. Of course it isn't but he's entitled to drink the Kool-Aid.

The fan response below the article was on the mark, especially the first one.

I am watching Caprica faithfully now and making note of the cars.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-03-05, 11:57

If you don't think there is anything wrong with the water supply, I'll just stand back while you drink from the streams in Tennessee. I know better than to do it around here. There is a constant stream of publicity about fish dying for unknown causes and actual chemicals dumped by local companies around here.

Still. I'm about jumping out of my skin awaiting tonight's episode. boing
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-03-05, 12:12

On the same page with Jame's interview is this link to a very good analysis of military S-F.

Also this one on Lost:

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-03-06, 12:42

I liked the Vergis character. He was understated but you can see he means business and Daniel Graystoke is in deep kimchi now.

Wondering what Zoe-Robot is doing. Is she really "dating" Lab boy or does she want something else from him?

I was confused when Adama's wife was named Shannon because I thought her name was Evelyn in BSG. Sooo was very interested to see an Evelyn pop up at Adama's digs. Hope she cools her jets, the poor wife's only been dead a few weeks.

James Marsters....my perennial complaint:

When O When will tv series stop with huge build up media blitzes about James joining a cast only to give us 3 minutes of his time???

I understand that this role is supposed to be much more...so I am looking forward to seeing that develop. That being said, this was an intense and interesting start.

Full review from Television Without Pity

Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-03-06, 16:46

I thought I may have missed some of James' appearance because I didn't tune in for the first part, but I guess not. Saw the part with the barbed wire and the later segment. Was it all of 3 minutes ?.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Paula Malcomson the blond woman that plays Daniel's wife was in Deadwood on HBO a few years back, playing Trixie a prostitute. She's an under-appreciated actress imho.

Polly Walker who plays Clarice was [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Rome on HBO a few years ago.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-03-06, 17:43

Don't worry about the brevity. His part is lots more substantial. This was just the (admittedly) way too brief introduction of his character. He has described Sister Clarice as the Martin Luther King Jr. of the STO and himself as the Malcolm X. Anyway, I am pretty sure fireworks between the two of them are a-coming.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-03-07, 12:37

You can watch all the episodes here

or For those that want to catch up on Caprica, SyFy will broadcast all the episodes in order, a marathon viewing it seems, Friday, March 12, starting at 2 pm EST with the pilot and ending with the new episode, "The Imperfections of Memory" at 9pm EST.

And in checking just now, it looks like they will repeat this marathon again on March 26.

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-03-11, 03:15

Entertainment Weekly has Caprica on its list of 10 Best Shows on TV Now

Check it out and see what else they like
Berry
Berry