The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GLEE - Season 2

+2
jojo
Penny
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

GLEE - Season 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: GLEE - Season 2

Post  Penny 2011-02-09, 12:39

Yeah, Puck did a great job with Fat Bottom Girls! HA! :P

Kurt WAS cute at the pj party! :P
Penny
Penny

GLEE - Season 2 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100GLEE - Season 2 - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2011-02-09, 16:40

There used to be a deli about 2 miles from my house called Fat Bottomed Girls. lol! Puck was awesome!

And the Paul McCartney finale...*sigh*

All of Kurt...it's good hanging out with girls again and I made it all up in my head..

All in all a great epi...most of them are. biggrin

Does anyone else just love that Chevrolet commercial? It feels retro for some reason...like those old Coke commercials back in the 70's and 80's. "I'd like to teach the world to sing and perfect harmony..."
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

GLEE - Season 2 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100GLEE - Season 2 - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Melandra 2011-02-11, 17:06

I just love Kurt, I'm missing him being with the other group. The guy group was fun for a bit, but I'm ready for him to go back to school with the rest of the group.

Loved the zombie football players too! My favorite was Britany's hair! haha.

Love Glee :)
Melandra
Melandra

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-02-11, 21:09

I'm still giggling over the line "Hmmm...that was Svlyester,wasn't it? " from the tattooist to Sue. roflmao
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2011-03-23, 16:59

Watched "Original Songs" (was that what is was called?) from Tuesday today. Very good! Hoping that Finn and Rachel get back together! Two Hearts

Very good eppie. The guys kissing scene ... not so much! Sorry! Suspect I want Kurt to go back with his Glee gang and his gal pals! two thumbs up

Yay for New Direction winning! Loved their original songs! I cried thru Rachel and laughed thru the LOSER song! clap

Glee' April return preview: 'Night of Neglect' and Terri's back
March 23, 2011 10:15 AM EDT

The next new episode of Glee is "Night of Neglect," airing in April. Now that New Directions has taken first, they're on their way to Regionals. However, that's not all that's going on, and a couple of characters are returning.

Coming up…

The promo (below) for what's coming up next on the Fox comedy begins with Brittany and Santana standing in the hall when Dave walks by and throws a slushie in Santana's face. Sam asks Tina, Brittany, Artie, and Mike why they didn't tell the others something, but they say they did. A big question concerns the Will-Holly relationship. He kisses her, and she tells him to hold up because they haven't had their pizza yet. Do you think they'll last? Ryan Murphy wants Gwyneth Paltrow back in the third season, but many do want to see Will and Emma finally get together. Meanwhile, Mercedes is acting differently, and Sue is planning. She has assembled a group of people, including Terri and Sandy, and says they all hate Will Schuester. Terri says she doesn't, but she does hate the glee club and is "looking for another hobby." What do you think Terri will have to say about Will and Holly?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Penny
Penny

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2011-03-23, 17:04

Another Matthew Morrison-Gwyneth Paltrow duet on the way, but not on 'Glee'
March 23, 2011 02:10 PM EDT

So far, Glee fans have heard Matthew Morrison and Gwyneth Paltrow sing together on a couple of songs like a mash-up of Rihanna and Jay-Z's "Umbrella" and Gene Kelly's "Singin' in the Rain," and Prince's "Kiss." Soon they'll be able to hear them on another duet--but this one won't be part of a Glee episode.

According to Entertainment Weekly, Morrison and Paltrow will be singing a cover of "Over the Rainbow" on the former's upcoming solo album, set to hit stores May 10. Fans have already heard Morrison perform the song himself, in Glee's season 1 finale, "Journey." According to Morrison, "the hardest part of doing this album was asking these people favors, like Elton [John] and [Gwyneth Paltrow]. I'm so not that guy." He chose "Over the Rainbow" because "people kind of know [him] for that song now" and he "wanted to do a duet with a female."

So what should fans expect when they hear the cover on his CD? Matthew Morrison described it as "a lot of strings and…beautiful." It is certainly a well-known song in general, not just when talking about Morrison. Do you think the duet on "Over the Rainbow" will be as good as the two songs Morrison and Paltrow sang together previously? The two certainly have chemistry on the show that is also present in their music.

Personally, I am planning on getting this CD! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Penny
Penny

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2011-04-07, 08:58

Jonathan Groff Returning to Glee

By [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], About.com Guide March 31, 2011

Fool her once, shame on you; fool her twice, shame on the Glee Club! Rachel better watch out -- Jesse St. James is coming back to stir the pot once again.

According to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], actor Jonathan Groff is set to return to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]this spring for the final three episodes of the season and it appears as though he may be back for more than Nationals... he may be looking to
win back Rachel's heart. The last time we saw [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],his character romanced Rachel to spy on New Directions before Regionals and as if that wasn't enough, he humiliated her by nailing her with eggs in front of his peers.

Coincidentally, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]is due to return as Sunshine for several episodes this spring as well. The last time we saw Sunshine, Vocal Adrenaline's new coach (played by Cheyenne Jackson) stole her away from New Directions. Is Jesse really looking to make up for his horrible behavior or will he break Rachel's heart once again (can't this poor girl get a break in the love department) when the two groups go up against each other at Nationals?

More Great Guest Stars

Also due to return to the show this spring is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], who will perform an original song titled, "It's 10 am, I'm Drunk." Apparently, her role in the all-white version of The Wiz didn't exactly go as expected. Cheyenne Jackson returns when the show comes back from hiatus on April 19 and will join Sue Sylvester's "Legion of Doom" (a.k.a. the I hate Will Schuester club). Oscar-winner [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is also set to bring her popular character Holly Holiday back to the show to knock our socks off once again.

It's a wonderful time to be a Glee fan, isn't it?!
Penny
Penny

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2011-04-08, 03:49

woohoo Well, alrighty...now I'm more excited... woohoo
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2011-04-08, 13:59

I am not a fan of Lady Gaga so I am not sure how excited I am about this ... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Glee Planning 90 Minute Lady Gaga Special Episode

After the success of Glee's Lady Gaga tribute episode this season, it has been confirmed that the show is putting together a 90-minute Gaga special!

Earlier this season, the cast of the hit US show performed Telephone and Bad Romance but that wasn't enough for fans.

Sugarscape.com has reported that the cast will perform the singer's latest hit, Born This Way as they “learn about self acceptance.”

The special episode, which is half an hour longer than usual, with air in the US on April 26 and will air in the UK a few weeks later.

Are you excited to see the cast tackle more Gaga tunes?
Penny
Penny

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-04-08, 14:41

I'm really not excited. My favorite episodes are always the one that just center on the lives of the cast. The ratings of the show are excellent so I don't know why they resort to this sort of tribute nonsense over and over. scratch
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2011-04-08, 23:03

Not excited anymore...GaGa had her show...and wasn't it about self acceptance also? Next!
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2011-04-13, 14:20

Fox's hit series [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is giving us true Gleeks something to really sing about -- an upcoming episode being upgraded to a Gaga-sized 90 minutes!

The April 26 episode 'Born This Way' (yes, as in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s smash hit song), self-acceptance is the major theme as Mr. Schuester tasks the group to find what makes them unique: Quinn and Lauren will be going head to head in the battle for prom queen; Ms. Pillsbury deals with her intimacy and OCD issues; Rachel ponders the idea of getting a nose job; Santana prepares to do something that could forever change New Directions.

The Kurt and Karofsky storyline also plays heavily into this episode and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that Karofsky may finally come out of the closet.

While this episode does feature Lady Gaga's hit song 'Born This Way,' it's important to note that it is not another tribute to the singer, the title (and song) simply serves as the main theme of the episode.

Will this episode turn out to be a major game-changer? Hold onto your slushies -- 90-minutes of Glee goodness is just a couple of weeks away.
Penny
Penny

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2011-04-19, 20:16

Watching Glee now!!!! It has been gone too long!!!!!
jojo
jojo

Registration date : 2007-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2011-04-26, 15:02

REMINDER: Glee is on for 90 minutes tonight! I am taping it cuz' Larry and I are going out to eat!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Steak or maybe Salmon at Logan's Steakhouse tonight! YUM! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Penny
Penny

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2011-04-26, 20:23

Taping Glee and watching Dancing With the Stars....looking forward to seeing Pia sing (9th place America Idol and girlfriend of Mark B.)

Penny, is it your wedding anniversary or just a nice dinner for no reason (the best kind!!!)
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2011-04-27, 19:24

Just nice dinner out without Momma! Wink

We also were car shopping. Larry's car died a couple of weeks ago and he has been using his mom's. We looked at some cars at used car lots last night. Went shopping today and he bought a 2003 Grand Prix (did I spell it right?). I hope it is a good car for us. Larry wanted a 3800 motor and this has a sun roof which he wanted. It has a Bose sound system too! :) Black w/black leather seats which I told him were going to be hot this summer! sunny :P
Penny
Penny

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-04-27, 22:09

Oh, congratz, Penny, a new car is always fun. And yay for a sun roof! clap
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2011-04-28, 01:50

clap

Welcome to the black car club! Cutie
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-04-28, 07:06

I enjoyed the theme this week of being Proud of who you are...flaws and all. And I love when they give the good dancer boy time to show what he can do. sunny
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2011-05-28, 16:47

So what did you think about the season finale??? I enjoyed it, for the most part! It is one of the few times this season where I felt like I was watching the same show I loved so much in season 1. I think Glee has found its heart again, I just hope that the writers know how to keep it! Sure it's a little cheesy and schmaltzy, but that's what makes Glee stand out from the mass of other programming out there.

Glee’ Review: New York

Its season finale time and that means New Directions finally make the trip to New York for Nationals. Nationals is just one of the things happening in “New York” as a couple gets back together, a secret relationship is revealed, one couple says “I love you” for the first time and Will Schuester (Matthew Morrison) makes a decision about Broadway.

The episode sees the inclusion of original songs, which was previously executed for Regionals, in “Original Song.” There were too many songs in the first part of the episode. I think a better balance was needed especially when the second half when the writers have included two or three songs during the competition scenes.

Finally there’s a scene between Rachel (Lea Michele) and Sunshine Corazon (Charice), which addresses the situation where Rachel sent Sunshine to a crack house. It was a long time coming but the scene finally shows some closure in regards to Rachel’s jealously. It also shows some growth for Rachel since she first met Sunshine; Rachel help Sunshine with her nerves.

Finn (Cory Monteith) is trying to win Rachel back while Jesse (Jonathan Groff) texts Rachel and even makes an appearance in New York. Despite this and her dream of returning to New York after graduation, it’s obvious where her heart lies. I have no preference to a particular couple, but I think the writers should do a little better with the Finn/Rachel pairing next season. I don’t think repeating the back and forth of this season would be good for the show. Both the characters and the writers need to grow from this season.

Vocal Adrenaline coach, Dusty Goolsby (Cheyenne Jackson) tells New Directions about Will’s Broadway plan. I did wonder if Will’s decision not to leave was expedited by the thought that it would affect their performance at Nationals; it was just the way it was written that made me suspect that.

Glee does two things that now seem to be routine for the show – a Rachel and Finn scene behind the stage curtains, in regard to their relationship and one of the glee members singing something silly, like an object. In the case of the latter, it makes it less funny and effective when you’ve done it one too many times. However it does provide the viewers another chance to hear Brittany (Heather Morris) sing.

Other notes:
• Patti Lupone makes a cameo appearance as Rachel and Finn meet her in a restaurant.
• Matthew Morrison sings one his original songs.
• How is it that Miss Broadway queen Rachel bought 13 tickets to Broadway’s Cats; Quinn tells her the show closed 11 years ago.
• New Directions go to New York with two songs still to write and choreograph. Will obviously spent too much time dreaming of Broadway to run a tight ship.
• Santana (Naya Rivera) is no closer to publicizing her feelings for Brittany. A comment from Quinn (Dianna Agron) did make me wonder, for a second, if she knew something about Santana’s sexuality.

Even though New Directions doesn’t place in the top ten, the glee club ends the season on a more positive note. Finn and Rachel get back together; Blaine (Darren Criss) and Kurt (Chris Colfer) say, “I love you” to each other and it’s revealed that Mercedes (Amber Riley) and Sam (Chord Overstreet) are seeing each other. I’ve said it before but I do hope the writers give Mercedes more substantial storylines.

The writing in season two has been very inconsistent and as a whole, the show has been less enjoyable than season one. I do hope the writers recapture the best part of the show. It will be interesting to see how the writers approach the new season, what the running storylines will be; if there will be an overuse of guest stars and the character growth. I’m definitely curious but not necessarily excited by the show’s return in the fall.
Penny
Penny

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2011-05-29, 05:05

I know this is just a weird thing to like but I loved Rachel's clothes ....a complete mix of That Girl, Funny Girl and Breakfast at Tiffany's. I loved when she and Kurt went out to sing on a Broadway stage, eat breakfast at Tiffany's etc...it's exactly what omg I'm in, I <3 NY city for the first time and I've dreamed of this all of my life...squeal!

I liked the last competition better, song wise.

Lots of things to like. Emma in Wills sweater vest. very sweet, Will alone on stage.

For some weird reason, I like Jesse....I know, crazy. I'm annoyed with Finn.

and so on, will def. be watching the re-runs over the summer. Cutie
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2011-05-29, 07:54

Yes, reruns are on Thursday nights! two thumbs up

Totally agree w/ya' ... loved Rachel's clothes ... Sandi!!!

Two Hearts Kurt & Rachel singing on the Wicked stage .... thought that following the two of them in NY after they graduate would possibly be a good spin-off. Them as roomies and looking for their BIG opportunity on Broadway.

Also, after the kids graduate Will could move out there too and get his chance on Broadway with April Rhodes! clap She is such a hoot! But I want him to stay with Emma too! :)

I still love Rachel & Finn together! I think they complement and balance each other out! He understands her love for NY. I think he would follow her there ... but maybe that is just me! Beatsme I am just a dreamer, always have been ... always will! Lovies
Penny
Penny

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2011-05-30, 03:44

Great spin off idea... biggrin

must plant seeds of idea out on the interwebs... hmm Cutie
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2011-06-02, 23:29

I enjoyed the finale as well, but was a little surprised at the outcome of regionals. I guess this leaves their senior year to finally win it all.

I really like the "Wicked" number, but then again, I love that show and all the songs in it.

jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2011-06-02, 23:55

Didn't get to see the finale...that was the night we had tornadoes so alll stations where showing weather. I'll catch up during the re-runs...but I'm probably going to by more CD's I like the singing best of all. clap
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Registration date : 2007-03-17

https://blu5community.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next