The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost Girl

3 posters

Go down

Lost Girl Empty Lost Girl

Post  Banjo 2012-01-25, 15:54

I've seen the first two episodes. It's pretty good and the lead actress is well suited for the role. The premise sounds familiar....a group of 'abnormals' with special talents and powers are living among humanity for millennia in secret. Then one woman discovers her "power" and doesn't know why she has it or who she is, then discovers others like her, but there are two competing factions and she is expected to choose sides but she doesn't want to. She has a normal human sidekick who is resourceful and plucky.

All the usual cliches but it comes off entertaining and something to look forward to.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Banjo
Banjo

Lost Girl Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lost Girl Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Lost Girl Empty Re: Lost Girl

Post  Rus 2012-01-25, 19:18

I've also seen the two episodes. Not too bad so far. Anna Silk and Ksenia Solo are playing the lost girl/abnormal/Fea/succubus and the human sidekick, respectively. Silk has done a lot of TV and TV movies. Solo was on that WB show with Shiri Appleby and the one girl who is now on the WB witch show Secret Circle.
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-01-26, 14:07

Yeah, I recognized Solo but didn't remember from where. She "specializes" in playing "geekish" or "outside the popular girls clique", it seems. I don't remember seeing Anna Silk in anything, probably have, but her name seemed familiar.

So this is the 2nd season. I don't get the Showcase channel (never heard of it ) so that's why I thought it was a new series.

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rus 2012-01-26, 14:52

I believe the first season aired in Canada already and was picked up by SyFy. Right, that what your link indicates as well.

Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Back to top Go down

Post  Rus 2012-02-21, 18:34

I watched a few episodes and got caught up this week.

We where lead to believe that Bo could only recharge/feed as a succubus during sex. However it seems all she really needs to do is get close enough to kiss someone. If this is true it makes all her antics with the cop dude Dyson or others unnecessary. We also find out that Bo is not only special as a Fae, she is extra special according to the strange reader chick.

Bo's trip to the bar with Dr. Lady Lauren was strange and awkward.

Interesting that the other cop Hale is a siren. That's a female power from my vast experiences. Certainly a dude with siren powers would only used them for nefarious purposes toward unsuspecting females. I know I would! 8)
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2012-02-21, 20:01

I watched just a bit of the first episode and decide that..no, I really don't have time to watch everything...sorry, it just happens sometimes.

Last edited by sandisea on 2012-02-21, 20:05; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : because things like spaces between words are good...and now it's exposing my edit count!)
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Registration date : 2007-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-02-22, 13:19

Before Bo met Dyson she was "recharging" without a sexual encounter, but the victim would die which she didn't want to cause. But after she met Dyson she found out that she could recharge during sex with him and it didn't affect him negatively. So of course she prefers that but can still recharge as a succubus with other victims without killing them by holding back which she discovered for the first time in the last episode.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-03-07, 17:23

This is getting better and better. It pushes the envelope for the SyFy channel, or even most non-premium channels. There are a few "amusing" things that I notice, for example in the last episode Bo went from wearing eye liner in some scenes, to no eye liner in others, then back to eye liner in yet others. It didn't make any difference to anything but it was noticeable. And now she finally gets a "book of shadows", an obligatory prop in most supernatural shows.....think about it. They don't have one on Being Human, yet, but it's only a matter of time....
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rus 2012-03-08, 15:20

This show seems to go a little further with sex and language than other SyFy shows.

You are right about the props. On Vampire Diaries nearly every person on the show has a prop or at least knows of a prop. Magic rings, necklaces, witch charms and books plus verbain to keep vamps away and so on. On The Secret Circle there are crystals and books and various spells. The Secret Circle isn't fun like most of the super natural shows. They are serious every show. Most shows add a little humor in to make the show more enjoyable.
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-03-08, 15:41

You're right about the Secret Circle. But we have to remember that the show is aimed at teenage girls and if there were any humor they would go...."Ewww, gross." Rolling Eyes 8)
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-04-07, 16:05

This is remaining pretty good. Anna's housemate/plucky sidekick is getting better plots and lines too. The bar owner provides an element of mystery, and of course Anna's "cleavage of the week" is always a point of interest... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-01-16, 14:37

Another good premire. It seems that Bo has a new hairstyle, while retaining the obligatory feature of shirts/jackets that just can't quite zip all the way up. two thumbs up Looks like she'll be "going rogue" this season and her "relationship" with the Dr. isn't cooling off either....
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down