The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Little Drummer Girl on AMC

Go down

The Little Drummer Girl on AMC Empty The Little Drummer Girl on AMC

Post  Banjo 2018-11-20, 10:59

The first ep was pretty good. I was impressed that the terrorists in the early scenes drove an NSU Ro 80.  This isn't what you would expect the producers to choose, given the more popular/common cars of the period, but at least it showed that there are some still running.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also in one brief scene where they were driving on a multi-lane road, we caught a glimpse of a car that passed them on the left, an Alfa Romeo Giulia T.I. Berlina. Again, a period-correct model, much more numerous than the NSU, but still not a really common model such as a VW which could have been easily put in that scene but the prods., or someone, decided to give the automotive geeks something to notice, which we did. two thumbs up

The scenes at the Acropolis were impressive. I suppose that the authorities don't let just anyone film a production there. It looked like they were doing maintenance/restoration on it.

I hadn't heard of the female lead and at first was wondering if she was a good choice, but later on she proved her casting. two thumbs up

Banjo
Banjo

The Little Drummer Girl on AMC Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Little Drummer Girl on AMC Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

The Little Drummer Girl on AMC Empty Re: The Little Drummer Girl on AMC

Post  Banjo 2018-11-20, 15:30

After noticing (timing it) that there were commercials every 7 minutes on average, I took a look at the AMC Premire service which is commercial-free for all their show for $5/month. That would have been worthwhile since I watch a lot of things on AMC but unfortunately it's not available for cord cutters. You have to have a paid cable provider to use it so no Sling, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Starz, etc. users can apply. tongue
Banjo
Banjo

The Little Drummer Girl on AMC Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Little Drummer Girl on AMC Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2018-11-21, 12:06

In episodes 3-4, when the terrorists took Charlie to Beruit, they were picked up at the airport by another Alfa Romeo Giulia T.I.  Berlina !  Where are the producers getting all these ?  Someone on the staff must own one or be a fan.  I owned a '74 Alfa 2000 Berlina in the late 70's, after selling the Honda Z600 but it didn't have the "panache" of the earlier models.

The first Alfa I owned was exactly like this.

I've always wanted one of these but never found one at the right time/place/$$

In the last 2 eps Charlie gets to fire the rocket propelled grenade launcher and presumably things are wrapped up.... scratch
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2018-11-26, 11:54

This turned out okay,but I'm unclear on why Charlie would have undertaken such a 'job'. What was in it for her ? scratch

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down