The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BB day 36 Friday

Go down

BB day 36 Friday  Empty BB day 36 Friday

Post  Banjo 2013-07-26, 14:44

John is probably right as to how far Aaryn will go in the game. Although she may be leaving sooner than he thinks. The next time someone other than Helen or Candice is HOH she will go on the block and be evicted. Meanwhile it remains to be seen if she will stick with her deal with Helen and nominate Howard and Spencer this week, which we will know by tonight.

'Big Brother 15': Does Aaryn's Second HoH Win Bode Well for Her Future?
Friday, July 26, 2013

John Kubicek
Senior Writer, BuddyTV

Aaryn Gries might be one of the most hated houseguests of all-time, but on Big Brother 15 she's safe once again after winning her second HoH of the season.

As a self-described Big Brother historian, I became curious about other past houseguests who've won two early HoH competitions to see whether it bodes well for Aaryn's future in the game, or if it means she'll be evicted quickly.

In the past, there have been eight instances of a houseguest winning two of the first five HoH competitions (but only seven people, because Rachel Reilly did it twice). Of those eight, all of them made the jury, so Aaryn could be safe for a few more weeks, but most of them were evicted shortly thereafter. Two finished in ninth place, two finished in seventh place, and only one went on to win the game.

Here's a look at the past eight HGs who've won two early HoH competitions.

Season 14: Frank Eudy

Like Aaryn, Frank won the second and fifth HoH competitions last season. He was also frequently nominated, like Aaryn. He managed to survive by competition victories alone for a few more weeks, but was evicted in seventh place.

Season 13: Rachel Reilly

Of the eight times an HG has won two of the first five HoH competitions, Rachel is the only eventual winner. Of course she had plenty of help in the form of a fiancé and two great friends in Jeff and Jordan, while Aaryn doesn't really have much support.

Season 12: Rachel Reilly and Matt Hoffman

Season 12 is the only time that two HGs both won two HoH competitions in the first five weeks. Rachel and Matt traded off wins from week 2 to week 5, but all it did was make both of them prime targets. Rachel was evicted in ninth place while Matt only lasted to seventh.

Season 11: Jessie Godderz

Like Rachel in season 13, Jessie was the first and third HoH. However, thanks to Jeff Schroeder's Coup d'Etat, he was evicted in ninth place.

Season 9: James Zinkand

Crazy James won the second HoH with partner Chelsia and the fifth HoH by himself after getting voted back into the house. Like Frank in season 14, he then won the next two Power of Veto competitions to save himself, but was evicted the following week in sixth place.

Season 7: Janelle Pierzina

After Rachel's season 13 victory, Janelle's third place finish on All-Stars is the best anyone has done after winning two of the first five HoH competitions. It helped that, throughout the season, she won a total of four HoHs and five PoVs. I don't see Aaryn doing that.

Season 2: Hardy Ames-Hill

Without a Power of Veto competition, Hardy dominated the show's second season by winning HoH in weeks 3 and 5. But ultimately he was evicted in fourth place.

As I see it, Aaryn is most likely going to be one of those HGs who finishes in seventh or ninth place. She's too hated and has too few true allies to last much longer, but she can probably skate by a couple more weeks by either winning competitions or praying there are bigger targets. But Aaryn is no Rachel Reilly or Janelle Pierzina, so all you haters have nothing to fear, because her two early HoH wins probably mean she won't last much longer in the game.

'Big Brother 15' Spoilers: Aaryn's 2nd First Night as HoH
Friday, July 26, 2013

John Kubicek
Senior Writer, BuddyTV

The more things change on Big Brother 15, the more they stay the same. After Kaitlin was evicted in the season's first unanimous vote, Aaryn, aka one of the most hated HGs of all-time thanks to her racist comments, has regained power as the HoH. So what was her first night back in power like?

SPOILER WARNING: This article contains Big Brother 15 spoilers.

It seems as though Aaryn is going to stick to the deal she made with Helen to nominate Howard and Spencer, hoping that it will keep her and GinaMarie safe for several more weeks.

Following Aaryn's second HoH victory, there was a lot of scrambling, lying and throwing people under the bus. It was kind of hard to understand, but here's what I believe happened.

Prior to Kaitlin's eviction, Jessie told Candice about the deal Aaryn made with Helen to stay safe. Yeah, it turns out sweet little Jessie has learned a lot under Amanda's tutelage about scheming and manipulation. In fact, Jessie is now acting like Aaryn's BFF in the house. I never thought I'd say this in a million years, but Jessie might be playing the best game.

However, the real drama comes from the fact that Jessie has people, most notably Helen, believing that it was Elissa who spilled the beans to Candice, thus painting an even bigger target on Elissa's back. As a result, Helen is playing the ultimate two-faced role, pretending to be friends with Elissa while trashing her and throwing her under the bus behind her back.

The end result of all of this is basically that Aaryn and GinaMarie have taken over Elissa's role in the power structure of the house. Once everyone left Aaryn's HoH room except for GM, Aaryn proceeded to tell her all about the deal she made and the people they're now in bed with. They are now aligned with Amanda, McCrae, Andy, Judd, Jessie and Helen, aka the six people who have basically been running the game from the start and who have orchestrated the eviction of all of Aaryn and GM's allies.

The plan is to do exactly what Aaryn promised by nominating Howard and Spencer, with the goal of evicting Howard (though Spencer would be a suitable alternative). And regardless of the MVP nominee, they probably have the votes to do it.

Aaryn and GM are positively giddy over their change in fortune, bad-mouthing Jeremy and Kaitlin while talking about how Howard, Spencer and Candice will be the next three to go, ensuring that both remaining Mean Girls make it to the jury.

Things are definitely looking grim for Howard this week, as he's almost certainly going to be nominated and targeted. Judd and McCrae even think he's won the Coup d'Etat (in fact, for the past few days, Judd has actually been digging through Howard's bags searching for something because he's so convinced Howard has a special power). We know he doesn't, but the sense in the house is that he's the MVP. Or at least that's the lie everyone has agreed upon to justify getting rid of him.

It's unlikely that America's MVP nominee will have much effect on the game this week as Aaryn's new alliance has the numbers. I suppose it's possible that, if Amanda goes up as Rachel Reilly has instructed her fans to do, there could be talk of trying to get rid of her, but it's unlikely to gather much steam.

The only real mystery is whether Aaryn is putting the cart before the horse. She seems comfortable with her new group, but will they really stick with her longer than one week or just use her to get rid of Howard, then toss her out next week? Unlikely, as Amanda, McCrae and Andy have already made plans to be in the Top 7 with Judd, Jessie, Helen and Aaryn, then cutting Aaryn and Elissa. Yes, they're that cocky.

However it turns out, one thing is clear: The power is still in the hands of a small group of people. Andy, Amanda, McCrae, Judd and, surprisingly, Jessie are running the show, with Helen as an extra member who is probably going to be cut loose as soon as they reach jury. Helen is covering all of her bases and seems to be bonding with the outsiders, mostly Candice, over the ominous Amanda threat.

Aaryn might think she's finally in a good position and on top of the world, but she's just working for the real power. Amanda has had her fingerprints over every single HoH reign while McCrae, Judd and Andy seem to act like her flying monkeys. The only surprising development for me is the emergence of Jessie as a master of deceit.

This week is certainly going to be rough for Big Brother 15 producers, as a storyline involving Aaryn the alleged racist targeting Howard, the big, black man, is the worst thing imaginable. I'll be curious to see how fans and viewers will react to the way Amanda, McCrae, Andy, Judd and Jessie have embraced Aaryn and are targeting Howard, Candice and Elissa. It's going to be hard for those HGs to hold the moral high ground when smiling and laughing with someone as hated as Aaryn.
Banjo
Banjo

BB day 36 Friday  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100BB day 36 Friday  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

BB day 36 Friday  Empty Re: BB day 36 Friday

Post  Banjo 2013-07-26, 16:21

'BB15' Evictee Kaitlin Talks Mean Girls Label
July 26, 2013, 1:14 PM EST
Entertainment Tonight.

Last night, Kaitlin Barnaby became the fourth person voted out of the Big Brother house, partly because of her alliance with Jeremy, Gina-Marie and Aaryn. That union has also led America to celebrate her eviction, despite the fact Kaitlin was never as venomous as her cohorts.

I caught up with Kaitlin this morning to talk about the house's racial divide, her eviction and her big Big Brother regrets!

ETonline: How do you feel about your performance in the Big Brother house?
Kaitlin Barnaby: I definitely thought I was going to go further in the game, so I'm disappointed, but I'm happy I made it five weeks. Gotta be glass half full.

ETonline: This has already bee a very combative season. What was the vibe inside the house like at first?
Barnaby: It was awkward, to say the least. It was hard because you don't know which side to pick, there are a lot of floaters. We thought the MVP twist would eliminate the floaters, but in reality it created more floaters. It's hard. People are very deceiving. I was too trusting at first, I thought that was my downfall.

ETonline: You think that was a bigger downfall than who you aligned with?
Barnaby: Definitely.

RELATED - Nick Talks BB15 Eviction & Gina-Marie's Obsession With Him

ETonline: You seemed a little surprised last night when Julie Chen told you America was calling you, Gina-Marie and Aaryn "Mean Girls."
Barnaby: I had a feeling it was coming because of Aaryn. Gina-Marie is very catty but she has a good heart. Us three together shocked me because I was nice to everyone in that house. I was warm-hearted, I wasn't mean to anyone in any way -- maybe I said a few things behind people's backs, but it was never malicious.

ETonline: Did you guys have a feeling America was MVP this week?
Barnaby: We had a feeling. It was either Elissa and America.

ETonline: And Aaryn was America's first choice, but she was already on the block.
Barnaby: I knew it! I knew it!

ETonline: What do you think about the fact your two closest allies were two of the three people America wanted out of the house?
Barnaby: It surprised me with Gina-Marie. She's a very fun person, but I clearly don't know how America views her.

VIDEO - I Played BB15 And Lived To Talk About It

ETonline: Well both of them have lost jobs as a result of their comments in the house.
Barnaby: So I learned! I'm actually shocked by that. A lot of the things said in the house weren't said in front of me. They knew I would shut down inappropriate language used in front of me, I don't know. I'm shocked and surprised that it's even in their personalities. It's hard to learn something like that about people you're close to.

ETonline: Well, a lot of hateful comments were said in your presence. Do you think because the houseguests are the ones voting you out, the Big Brother house dynamic prevents you from speaking out against hate speech?
Barnaby: Yeah, completely. You don't want to step on any toes. I'm an awkward person, so I'm awkwardly laughing the whole time because I don't know how else to handle it. It's awkward.

RELATED - Julie Chen Addresses BB15 Racism

ETonline: Last night you told Julie Andy's vote to evict hurt you the most. That was a relationship we didn't see on TV. How close were you?
Barnaby: I love Andy. That's not even past tense, even though he hurt me. After Jeremy left, I felt vulnerable but Andy had my back. There were times we sat there and cried and said we had each other's backs, so I'm hurt he didn't vote to keep me.

ETonline: You were overheard saying that gays were "untrustworthy in this game" -- what did you mean by that?
Barnaby: I don't even really remember saying that, it must have been something in terms of game play because I stood up for him, more or less, when derogatory terms were being thrown around about gay people.

ETonline: Compared to Aaryn, Jeremy and Gina-Marie, you were definitely more politically correct, yet you're getting lumped in with them. Do you feel like collateral damage?
Barnaby: Oh yeah, I'm guilty by association with America, and it's the same reason I was voted out of the house. Coming into the house is so hard, you never know who is going to end up in power or be strong -- if anything, I wish I stayed more neutral and not aligned with Jeremy and Aaryn, two very aggressive people. I feel like that's where I went wrong!

Big Brother airs Sundays, Wednesdays and Thursdays on CBS.
Banjo
Banjo

BB day 36 Friday  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100BB day 36 Friday  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down