The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Walking Dead season 4.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Walking Dead season 4. Empty The Walking Dead season 4.

Post  Banjo 2014-01-07, 14:21

It returns Feb 9 !   clap 

I took this quiz and I would survive for 1 1/2 years. I don't know what the max. survival time would be or what answers would achieve it.  scratch 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

One thing that I've always questioned is Daryl's choice of a crossbow as his preferred weapon. While it does have impressive close range skull-piercing abilities, the rate of fire is very low compared to a gun as well as being more cumbersome to carry. My preference would be a Desert Eagle in .50 cal.  two thumbs up

Last edited by Banjo on 2014-01-09, 14:02; edited 1 time in total
Banjo
Banjo

The Walking Dead season 4. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Walking Dead season 4. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead season 4. Empty Re: The Walking Dead season 4.

Post  Banjo 2014-01-09, 14:02

Banjo
Banjo

The Walking Dead season 4. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Walking Dead season 4. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-01-19, 19:23

Get in shape for the new season..... woohoo 

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-01-20, 16:29

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-01-23, 14:32

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-01-24, 17:37

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-01-27, 15:51

Good trailer...

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-01-30, 17:33

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-02-05, 16:14

It's good that AMC isn't afraid to sched. new episodes during the Olympics.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-02-10, 11:25

That was a very good season premire. It sets up future changes in relationships, leadership, etc.  On the Talking Dead , Greg Nicotero one of the exec. prods, and Danai Gurira were the guests. Danai's analysis of her characters motivations, actions, etc. were the most detailed and insightful of any of the cast members that have been guests. She was able to discern this just from the words in the script and elaborate on it beyond what anyone would expect. It was very impressive.

One thing that I didn't understand is why the number of Walkers that she beheaded in her mass- "killing" scene was a budget consideration. Greg said that originally they were budgeted to "kill" only 4 Walkers in that scene. There were 23 Walkers in the pack that Michonne was walking with through the forest. But when she had the "breakdown" after watching the Walker that looked like her, and started swinging her Katana, Greg saw that Danai was really "in the zone" and just let her go. And when Danai realized that Greg didn't yell "cut" after the first 4 were beheaded she knew that no one else on the set would override his decision so she just went with it and finally there was the pile of 23 Walkers all around her.

They and we (fans) realized that that was truly a memorable scene.

Then with Carl's belief that he could take over leadership from his father and didn't "need" him any more, then was careless and almost got himself bitten, he realized that he wasn't as ready for leadership as he thought. Chandler Riggs really carried those scenes. Greg was impressed.

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-02-11, 15:22

A good synopsis;

....."When we last saw our survivors, the Governor and his group attacked the prison. The Governor killed Hershel, before getting a bullet between the eyes (this is wrong. Michonne ran him through the chest with her Katana while he was strangling Rick ) and the prison had to be abandoned. In the chaos..."

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-02-14, 12:46

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-02-16, 14:35

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-02-17, 13:57

I knew that the baby Judith would be found alive.  In those scenes last night involving her I thought how they must have planned the shoots carefully so as not to violate the 30 second max per scene and 15 min. per day on the set for babies.

But then on The Talking Dead they revealed that 5 sets of twins play Judith !  Of course not all 10 babies are on set every day that Judith has scenes but we can see how this would free them up to "roll in " new babies if multiple takes are required for any given scene.

Then in the last scene where Michael Cudlitz shows up playing Sgt. Abraham, that was quite a treat for fans.

He's been in a lot of productions but I remember him best from Band of Brothers, playing Sgt. Randelman.

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-02-20, 17:01

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-02-24, 15:36

That was pretty funny that "Crazy Cheese" started trending on Twitter after Michonne found a can in the deserted house and squirted some in her mouth. On The Talking Dead the in-studio peeps that asked a question at the mike got a little squirted on their hand to taste.  roflmao 

One odd thing....how did the fuel tank on the truck get punctured on the bottom by a bullet when the scientist was just spraying rounds horizontally ? Incidentally his mullet was voted the most terrifying thing out of four terrifying things that fans were asked to vote on.... roflmao 

Also, they were going to drive the truck all the way to D.C. but where do they get the fuel ? It didn't appear that they had any with them (diesel) and that thing gets about 8-10 mpg, and finding diesel in abandoned cars isn't likely.

It looked like a later diesel model of this, probably owned by the same private collector that owns the tank.

All in all that was a pretty suspenseful episode especially the part with Rick under the bed.  And you know that since they have cast Jeff Kober as one of the "bad guys" in the house, that he will definitely show up again. They wouldn't cast someone of that 'caliber' if he was only going to have those few brief scenes. I first saw Jeff in China Beach where he played the severely wounded soldier that McMurphy (Dana Delaney) nursed back to health. He's been in all sorts of prods. since then.  two thumbs up

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-02-25, 17:35

In  a situation like this we know from experience that they don't follow the comics. It makes it too easy to know what will happen. They do follow the comics when introducing new characters but their subsequent behavior can go anywhere. In this case they can drag out the resolution for the rest of the season and even into next season. After all, they have to get to D.C. first...then what ?  scratch 

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-02-27, 13:41

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-03-03, 12:43

So Norman and Emily carried that entire episode and we learned a lot more about Darryl and Beth.

And that was a real snake (looked like a Diamondback rattler to me) he killed and skinned but it was eel that they were eating rather than the snake , in the later scene. Emily said it was 'gross'.

They had drank real moonshine earlier, with one of the producers.

Not everyone in these pics are still "alive" on the show. The captions are one season behind.

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-03-04, 17:48

'The Walking Dead': Why Plunging Into the Depths of Daryl Wasn't that Satisfying
Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Gina Vaynshteyn
Contributing Writer, BuddyTV

Ladies, we finally earned ourselves forty minutes of pure Daryl Dixon, and you can thank Beth for intoxicating him so we could learn more about his pre-zombie apocalypse world. Since we haven't seen much of Daryl since Merle died, it was a relief to finally catch a glimpse of what has been going on inside that beautiful face. However, after everything we have been through with these characters, did the writers of AMC's The Walking Dead offer us something we already knew?

Let me explain myself. I love Daryl Dixon, but I didn't need forty minutes of drawn out drinking games to find out that he was a "loser" before the zombies took over. I kind of already figured, since season three suggested Daryl always followed Merle's lead. Beth, however, needed to know. Clamoring for her first drink (might as well since it's the end of world and all), she coaxed Daryl into finding some liquor as well as a peace of mind. After an arduous scavenger hunt in a run-down golf club, Beth finally finds some peach schnapps.

Daryl, being pretty standoffish throughout the entire episode of "Still," takes the bottle and breaks it, (he didn't break it. She broke it fighting off a Walker who attacked her before she had a chance to taste it. The broken bottle didn't make a very good weapon against the Walker so she had to finish it off with her knife to the skull.) since he'll be damned if her first drink is peach schnapps (honestly though, if you haven't eaten real food in awhile and have never tried alcohol before, peach schnapps may have been your best bet for a good time). He instead takes Beth to an old country house with a still (hence the episode title) that reminded him of his father's. He introduces Beth to moonshine, which she expertly drinks (yeah, right). She tries to get Daryl to open up by posing drinking game questions.

The Walking Dead: 17 Moments of Desperation, Despair and Eventually Hope from "Still">>>

Immediately after Beth asks if he's been to jail, Daryl loses it. He insults Beth, and drunkenly compares his hard life with her relatively easy one. Nothing has ever been handed to him, he had a terrible father, and he's going to take a piss in the corner of the house if he damn well pleases!

Daryl's outburst was masterfully done. Norman Reedus nailed Angry Drunk Daryl. However, after all this time, are we really only given information we already knew? Daryl clearly did not come from a well-to-do family, judging by Merle's drug and behavioral habits and Daryl's rugged, rebellious demeanor (although, you never know). If Daryl wasn't in a motorcycle gang, then he was certainly doing something similar. So when Daryl vaguely informs Beth that all he did was follow Merle around, I wasn't exactly shocked. We already knew Daryl followed Merle; Daryl was introduced as Merle's brother in the first season.

The Walking Dead: What Does it Mean to be a 'Good' Person? >>>

After Daryl and Beth's alcohol-induced therapy session, Beth suggests they burn the house down. Normally I would be all for an over-the-top ceremony like that, but I didn't think the symbolism was needed this time. We get it. Daryl had a crappy life before, and now he needs to embrace his new life and start fresh without his past weighing him down. Also, if Daryl is truly meant for "this world," he's going to have to let go of the old one. I suppose if burning a house down will kill a few zombies, then why not?

Let's get to the elephant in the room: what's going on with Beth and Daryl? After thoroughly intoxicating themselves, Beth tells Daryl that he's going to miss her when she's gone. I can't tell whether Daryl is suppressing his feelings toward Beth, or if he completely disregards the possibility. It seems to me that Beth is certainly entertaining the idea of some comfort. Why else would she want to get to know Daryl? This possibility was raised on The Talking Dead by J.B. Smoove, (The Millers, Curb Your Enthusiasm) but wasn't received well by Chris or the audience. Of course Norman and Emily revealed nothing about the possibility.

All I know is that I can hardly take another tragic romance. After Andrea's stupid affair with The Governor and Maggie and Glen's agonizing separation, I think I'm done with Walking Dead love for awhile, thanks. She discounts the possibility that it is human nature to look for comfort in an intimate relationship even in a zombie apocalypse. But Darryl/Beth is a little gross, I will admit.

Catch an all new episode of The Walking Dead Sunday, March 9 at 9pm.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-03-07, 10:15

Norman/Daryl is just about the most popular character. The producers would have a massive fan revolt on their hands if they ever killed him off.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-03-10, 16:47

With only 3 eps to go they're going to have to start resolving some plot lines. Of course there will be the usual cliffhanger. Will it involve the mysterious 'Terminus' and a 'strongman/dictator' in control ? They've already done that line with Woodbury so I doubt that that concept will be repeated. Or will Jeff Kober's criminal gang play into it ? Already we see Daryl having to make a decision to ostensibly join them, but the fans seem to think he will sneak off later.  scratch 

Meanwhile Sonequa Martin-Green (Sasha) was on The Talking Dead for the first time along with Lauren Cohen (Maggie) who has been on a couple of times in past seasons. Sonequa is one of those actresses that "cleans up" so purty from her character that no one would ever recognize her on the street. Unlike Norman Reedus (Daryl) who's hair always gives him away and fans are always telling him what Daryl should do.

The two fans who asked in-studio questions got jars of pigs feet. That's what Daryl and Beth were eating in the abandoned house. But Chris told them to not eat them so they were probably just props.

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-03-13, 15:58

Q: Do you love working with babies on set as much as Beth seems to love Baby Judith?

A: I do because it can be challenging. The baby sort of runs the scene. If they’re going to cry, you have to be quick or it ruins the scene. You have to always be ready because it only matters when the baby is ready. In some ways it makes you less self-conscious, which I like. And also, the baby’s reaction is so real, I think it adds a sense of weight to scenes — it keeps you in the moment.

Q: Has Beth’s growing prominence on the show made you more recognizable off-set?

A: It just depends on the day. Recently in Atlanta it was really intense when I was grocery shopping. I’d never experienced that before. But it’s all good. It’s good to know that someone is watching your work, because that’s why you do it!
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-03-14, 17:11

A definitive group of pics. Some are from season 3.

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2014-03-17, 11:22

Holy Hannah !  What a brutal episode. Only true WD fans have the emotional and psychic stability to withstand such trauma !

We all pretty much suspected for quite awhile that Lizzie was a psycho even at the age of 12 and now we have had our suspicions confirmed. She was the one feeding the rats to the Walkers at the prison, we see her feeding one to the Walker caught in the  railroad tie in this ep (the actor actually ate it, it was made from jello with a grape jelly filling). But when she killed her little sister so that she could watch her "come back" and prove to everyone that Walkers are "just like us" that was the last straw.  Carol realized this too and had to undertake the difficult task of shooting Lizzie. "Look at the flowers Lizzie", has become a grotesque catch phrase overnight.

Melissa McBride was on The Talking Dead last night and said that both Brighton and Kyla are "wise beyond their years" and did a fantastic job in their last appearances on the show.

With two more eps in the season how can the tension be ramped up any further ?   scratch In next weeks trailer when we see Daryl draw his knife we know that the other guy that insulted him has become "the guy in the red shirt in a Star Trek episode". True fans will understand the reference.  zombie

This weeks video hasn't been posted yet, I will put it here when it is, but here's how they did a scene from last week. One of the reasons the show has such a devoted fan base is that they share how they do scenes with the fans.

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next