The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dark Tower...August.

3 posters

Go down

The Dark Tower...August. Empty The Dark Tower...August.

Post  Banjo 2017-05-03, 12:54

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4469878/Idris-Elba-appears-trailer-Dark-Tower.html

This looks like it might be pretty good even if I don't recognize some of the characters and situations. Why they decided to give Roland guns that appear to be modernized versions of the 1844 Colt Navy is a little odd. scratch Why not something like a Glock model 14 that can hold 15 rounds ? Seems more 'practical' than the 6 rounds of the Colt.
Banjo
Banjo

The Dark Tower...August. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Dark Tower...August. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

The Dark Tower...August. Empty Re: The Dark Tower...August.

Post  Banjo 2017-06-07, 11:23

Judging by the trailers it looks like they have concentrated on the last book which makes sense even if it looks like a rather conventional 'shoot out' plot. But trying to incorporate much of all those 7 books in one movie in any coherent way would be difficult. I suppose the 'intelligent dog' species won't be included, it would have to be all CGI, which could be done, look at the new Jungle Book.
Banjo
Banjo

The Dark Tower...August. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Dark Tower...August. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  RC Hurry 2017-08-04, 01:00

Going tomorrow...if SOMETHING isn't called Oy I may throw my nachos at the screen.
RC Hurry
RC Hurry
Cocoon Stage
Cocoon Stage

Registration date : 2017-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2017-08-04, 15:26

Save the nachos ! I'm going next Tuesday, but it looks like it will consist mainly of gun fights and explosions. I don't remember anything from the books that resemble the trailers.... scratch
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2017-08-05, 00:23

Generally, I'm not that fond of Matthew McConnaghy and I may wait until a few more of you have seen and reviewed it.
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2017-08-05, 11:11

It's getting terrible reviews. 17 on Rotten Tomatoes. A good analysis of what went wrong is on YouTube. The basic problem seems to be that they took excerpts from several books and attempted to smash them together resulting in confusion and bafflement even among readers of the books not to mention audiences who had never read the books.  I think I'll pass. scratch

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/dark-tower-1026375

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dark-tower-review-roundup-1026389
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down