The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight

+7
Ancient Roswellian
dixie
hallapal66
Penny
jero
Berry
Banjo
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Twilight Empty Twilight

Post  Banjo 2008-11-22, 17:38

Even if you are not a teenage girl, but at least a nominal vampire mythology fan, this is worth seeing. I went to the matinee to avoid the teenage girl hordes (and to save $3.50 Rolling Eyes ) and accomplished both. Interesting to see how different authors put different spins on vampire "physics" and the historical mythology.

Elizabeth Reaser is in it. See if you can spot her, and of course you will need to know who she is... Wink
Banjo
Banjo

Twilight Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Twilight Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Twilight Empty Re: Twilight

Post  Banjo 2008-11-22, 17:40

NO SEX, VIOLENCE OR STARS, YET #1: 'Twilight' Takes Biggest $35.7M Bite Out Of Box Office Friday; Bond #2, 'Bolt' #3

Twilight Twilight-cast2SATURDAY AM: Summit Entertainment's low cost blockbuster Twilight
opened huge as expected because of heavy pre-sales with $35.7M Friday
from 3,419 theaters, including $7M worth of Thursday
midnight shows, for what should be $75M for its first North American
weekend in release. Fangirls -- or should I say fang-girls -- were
buying 5 Twilight tickets per second as of early Friday morning, making Twilight online ticket-seller Fandango's fastest-selling film since The Dark Knight last July. Then the tween and teen females in store bought or homemade Twilight clothes (and even Twilight tattoos) flocked to the first Big Screen version of Stephenie Meyer's bestselling series of Romeo & Juliet-style
vampire romance books. Yet the movie adaptation was made by start-up
studio Summit for only $37M. This will be the start of a big new
franchise since a sequel is already in the works -- New Moon, based on Meyer's second book in the series. The first box office records have already been broken by Twilight's
girl power. This is the biggest opening for a female director.
Catherine Hardwicke is easily beating Mimi Leder's $41.1M for 1998's Deep Impact. (But with an asterisk since these figures aren't adjusted for inflation, ticket prices, etc.) Twilight will have the 2nd best opening day for a November release behind Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire, and the 11th best Friday opening of all time, beating the first Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone,
and the 15th best opening day ever. Summit is expecting at least
another $24M for Saturday and another $15M for Sunday. It's a defining
moment for the start-up studio that had really struggled on its first
few releases. On Saturday morning, Summit officially announced the greenlight for the New Moon
sequel (I'm told to contain costs the studio is considering making
sequels #2 and #3 back to back like other successful franchises have
done), and Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart formally thanked fans
for their support of what is now a movie franchise.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2008-11-22, 23:11

He sparkles....in the sunlight.

He's not MY kind of vampire. :P
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2008-11-23, 16:38

But at least he can survive in the sunlight which is a plus in case he gets 'caught out' somewhere. Wink
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2008-11-24, 17:58

And no fangs?? Are we SURE he's a vampire and not an angsty teen with a big flair for the dramatic?? Suspect

Teenage girls can be so gullible. I once had a date tell me that he was a reincarnated Irish Catholic priest.
(Unfortunately for him, that wasn't high on my list of "professions of men I'd like to date" . :P
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  jero 2008-12-04, 15:28

wave

In case you haven't seen this>>> Twilight vs Roswell
jero
jero
Transformation
Transformation

Registration date : 2007-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2008-12-04, 17:21

Great article and comments! Thanks, Jero!!! alien
Penny
Penny

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2008-12-04, 21:23

Good article,Jero. And here's one comparing Twilight with Buffy the Vampire Slayer...and again, Twilight loses. :lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2008/dec/04/twilight-film-vampire
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2008-12-05, 05:28

After reading the above article from Jero it made me nostalgic for Roswell so I went to YouTube and watched some Roswell scenes put to music!!! Two Hearts
Penny
Penny

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Twilight Empty twilight

Post  hallapal66 2008-12-07, 19:37

I am reading the book right now. It very much reminds me of Roswell.. Gonna go see the movie once I am done with the book.

hallapal66

Registration date : 2007-05-09

Back to top Go down

Twilight Empty Found the Thread

Post  dixie 2009-01-20, 04:22

I have read all 4 of the books but not seen the film, they really reminded me of Roswell and I loved them, I found them breathtaking here are some quotes from the books first posted at fan forum though.

The Quotes

Edward: As you were sleeping, you said my name. You spoke so clearly, at first I thought you'd woken. But you rolled over restlessly and mumbled my name once more, and sighed. The feeling that coursed through me then was unnerving, staggering. And I knew I couldn't ignore you any longer

Edward: And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.
Bella: What a stupid lamb.
Edward: What a sick, masochistic lion.

Edward: If I could dream at all, it would be about you. And I'm not ashamed of it.

Edward: It would be more...prudent for you not to be my friend, but I'm tired of trying to stay away from you, Bella.

Edward: You are exactly my brand of heroin.

Edward: Bella, I couldn't live with myself if I ever hurt you. You don't know how it's tortured me. The thought of you, still, white, cold...to never see you blush scarlet again, to never see that flash of intuition in your eyes when you see through my pretenses...it would be unendurable. You are the most important thing to me now. The most important thing to me ever.

Alice: It's been almost a century that Edward's been alone. Now he's found you. You can't see the changes that we see, we who have been with him for so long. Do you think any of us want to look into his eyes for the next hundred years if he loses you?

Edward: For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours… all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet.

Edward: You're the most important thing to me now. The most important thing to me ever."

Bella: I'll always want you. Forever.

Edward: I told you I'm not going anywhere. Don't be afraid. As long as it makes you happy, I'll be here."
Bella: You're talking about forever, you know.

Bella: I love you
Edward: You are my life now.

Edward: I thought I explained it clearly before. Bella, I can't live in a world where you don't exist

Edward: When I told you I didn't want you, it was the very blackest kind of blasphemy.

Bella: The way I feel about you will never change. Of course I love you - and there's nothing you can do about it
Edward: That's all I needed to hear

Edward: I'm here and I love you. I have always loved you, and I will always love you.

Bella: You
Edward: I'm yours

Edward: If you could have anything in the world, anything at all, what would it be?
Bella: You
Edward: Something you don't already have

Edward: Isabella Swan? I promise to love you forever every single day of forever. Will you marry me?
Bella: Yes.

Edward: I'll be back so soon you won't have time to miss me. Look after my heart - I've left it with you.

Edward: You're the only one who's ever touched my heart. It'll always be yours.

Bella: Edward. Forever means nothing without you. I wouldn't want one day without you

Edward squeezed me gently. "I'm here."
I drew in a deep breath.
That was true. Edward was here, with his arms around me.
I could face anything as long as that was true.
I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side.

Edward: “Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars- points of light and reason. And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything.”

Bella: “Oh, I’m with the vampires, of course.”

Edward: "You're incredible."

Edward: "Forever"
Bella: "That's all I'm asking for."

Bella: "Easy. You're more important than everyone else. and you've given me you."

Bella: "What did you hear."
Edward: "You said you loved me."
Bella: "You knew that already."
Edward: "It's still nice to hear just the same."

Bella: "I always want you."

Edward: "Sleep, my Bella. Dream happy dreams. You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love."

Edward: "And the sound of your heart, It's the most significant sound in my world. I'm so attuned to it now, I swear I could pick it out from miles away. But neither of these things matter. This, You. That's what I'm keeping. You'll always be my Bella, you'll just be a little more durable."

Bella: "You said I could have any part of you I wanted. I want this part. I want every part."

Bella: "I love you more than anything else in this world combined."

Bella: "Mostly I dream about being with you forever."

I could feel his lips at my ear.
"I love you." he whispered.
"Me, too."
"I know," he laughed quietly.
I turned my head slightly...searching. He knew what I was after. His lips touched mine gently.
"Thanks." I sighed.
"Anytime."

The music slowed, transforming into something softer, and to my surprise I
detected the melody of his lullaby weaving through the profusion of notes.
"You inspired this one." he said softly. The music grew unbearably sweet.

The voice of an archangel, soft in my ear.
dixie
dixie

Registration date : 2007-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-01-20, 09:39

Haven't read the books yet. Saw the movie. Liked the area they filmed and the vampires house was awesome. But , for me, the main characters were no "Liz and Max" . Still, nice to have something that reminds me of Roswell come along.

My daughter is totally in love with all of it....books and movie.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  dixie 2009-01-20, 11:22

I believe that the film mirrors the books as in plotline but the books are read from the POV of Bella and Jacob.

So much is wriiten in thought.

I think that is why I am holding out on watching the film, as I want the characters in my head a little longer.
dixie
dixie

Registration date : 2007-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2009-01-20, 19:58

DVD will be out in March.

It's apparent that the dialog in the books is of a more "romantic" nature that would appeal more to a young girl audience as compared to the Sookie Stackhouse novels (7) which are not at all in that vein, resulting in the film version (True Blood) having to be shown on HBO whereas Twilight can get by with a PG-13.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ancient Roswellian 2009-08-01, 19:55

but why
http://www.sfcrowsnest.com/

Rachelle Lefevre sees her last Twilight
29/07/2009 . Source: Jessica Martin

Fangs for the memories, but Rachelle Lefevre is out of the Twilight movies as the studio brings in Bryce Dallas Howard to replace her for the part of Victoria in this teen-vampires-in-love movies series.

Bryce Dallas Howard will take over the role of Victoria in the studio's upcoming production of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. Actress Rachelle Lefevre, who portrayed the character in Twilight as well as the upcoming release of The Twilight Saga: New Moon, will not continue in the role. The Twilight Saga: Eclipse will start filming in Vancouver across August 2009.

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, the third film in the studio's Twilight film franchise based on Stephenie Meyer's book series, will be directed by David Slade from a screenplay written by Melissa Rosenberg. The film will be released theatrically in North America on June 30th 2010.
Howard most recently starred in Terminator Salvation as Kate Connor and has been seen in Spider-Man 3, Lady In The Water, and The Village.
Erik Feig at Summit told the Nest, "We are incredibly happy that Bryce has agreed to come into the franchise. Rachelle brought "Victoria" to great screen life and Bryce will bring a new dimension to the character. The franchise is lucky to have such a talented actress as Bryce coming in to fill the role."

Does anyone know why Rachelle left? Or was she booted out?
Ancient Roswellian
Ancient Roswellian
Flutterby
Flutterby

Registration date : 2007-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-08-01, 20:32

She tells Access Hollywood:

“I was stunned by Summit’s decision to recast the role of Victoria for ‘Eclipse,’” Rachelle said in a statement to Access Hollywood.

“I was fully committed to the ‘Twilight’ saga, and to the portrayal of Victoria,” Rachelle continued, explaining the turn of events that led to the casting change. “I turned down several other film opportunities and, in accordance with my contractual rights, accepted only roles that would involve very short shooting schedules. My commitment to ‘Barney’s Version’ is only ten days. Summit picked up my option for ‘Eclipse.’ Although the production schedule for ‘Eclipse’ is over three months long, Summit said they had a conflict during those ten days and would not accommodate me. Given the length of filming for ‘Eclipse,’ never did I fathom I would lose the role over a 10 day overlap. I was happy with my contract with Summit and was fully prepared to continue to honor it. Summit chose simply to recast the part.”

“I am greatly saddened that I will not get to complete my portrayal of Victoria for the ‘Twilight’ audience. This is a story, a theatrical journey and a character that I truly love and about which I am very passionate. I will be forever grateful to the fan support and loyalty I’ve received since being cast for this role, and I am hurt deeply by Summit’s surprising decision to move on without me. I wish the cast and crew of ‘Eclipse’ only the very best,” she said.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Melandra 2009-11-08, 13:14

jero wrote:wave

very well done comparison! I do like Twilight, mostly for it's potential and the idea of it...now I realize why...heehee. Too bad we can't have more Roswell. I'll have to go re-watch them all.
Melandra
Melandra

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Melandra 2009-11-08, 13:21

Berry wrote:Good article,Jero. And here's one comparing Twilight with Buffy the Vampire Slayer...and again, Twilight loses. :lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2008/dec/04/twilight-film-vampire

Really good points made in this article. I look at the Buffy with so much depth and particularly now that I am more distanced from the immediate desire for a new episode can see more in the metaphors that are present. Stepping back from Twilight are the metaphors that it presents harmful? Good question to pose.
Melandra
Melandra

Back to top Go down

Post  Melandra 2009-11-08, 13:24

Melandra wrote:
jero wrote:wave

very well done comparison! I do like Twilight, mostly for it's potential and the idea of it...now I realize why...heehee. Too bad we can't have more Roswell. I'll have to go re-watch them all.

Still thinking about this. I have always liked Jacob's character over Edwards and this is why...

Talking about the romance ..."Twilight -
Um, Edward likes the way Bella smells. That's about it. Her aroma is so
intoxicating that he feels the need to gawk at her from a distance day
and night. (Is this love or just animal magnetism?) Bella seems to dig
that Edward isn't a nice, polite, normal teen who can go out in the
daylight like all the other boys. Her sweet stank attracts a
sociopathic vamp who tries to kill her and Edward, which briefly gets
in the way of their romance."

Her relationship with Jacob had depth and intimacy, her "true love" with Edward is all surface. I'm looking forward to New Moon because I enjoyed the book best out of the series. Primarily for her friendship with Jacob. Now, if only Meyer could have added some depth to Edward...
Melandra
Melandra

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2009-11-08, 14:16

"Jacob"....Taylor Lautner...has been seen out and about with Taylor Swift and now they are being called 'Taylor squared'..... Twilight Icon_lol
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Melandra 2009-11-11, 18:22

Is there any eye rolling smilie, taylor squared, really :eyeroll:
Melandra
Melandra

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-11-11, 18:27

It's rolleyes

Rolling Eyes
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2009-11-11, 20:31

disgruntled works well too...Wink
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Registration date : 2007-03-17

https://blu5community.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2009-11-12, 01:47

I'm not going to Rolling Eyes about Taylor Swift....she was on SNL the last weekend ...between her monologue song and the Firelight short...well, the girl made me a fan.

runforthehills that song just started playing on the radio.... hair raising
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Registration date : 2007-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2009-11-12, 06:26

You're not the only one. Girl won "Entertainer of the Year" at the Country Music Awards. woohoo

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hBFCnJivNLWQD8Y2aw3F7ZITAemgD9BTTAU00
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next