The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight

+7
Ancient Roswellian
dixie
hallapal66
Penny
jero
Berry
Banjo
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Twilight - Page 2 Empty Re: Twilight

Post  sandisea 2009-11-13, 02:44

Two favorite moments...one I read over at Yahoo one at MTV

the MTV comment
On last night's Country Music Association Awards show, co-hosts Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley were in the middle of a bit when they were interrupted by Grand Ole Opry legend Little Jimmy Dickens, who stepped up to the microphone and said, "I'll let you finish later. I know you had a nice video and all, but Taylor Swift made the best video of all time. Of all time!"
http://newsroom.mtv.com/2009/11/12/cma-awards-kanye-west/

and the other from Yahoo...which I can't be bothered to track down... too country music folks doing a duet of Mothers don't let your babies grow up to be Kanye.

Poor Kanye, he's never going to live that down! roflmao

Back to Twilight and the dissection of Edward..
I read this book, Mr Darcy Vampyre a week or so ago. Fun little book, and naturally I had to hit myself in the head afterwards because I realize this book was written on the back of Twilight with that audience in mind...but I am a hopeless Mr Darcy fan...otherwise why would I read it...right? Of course right.

You know in the books how the author uses classics to illustrate great couples struggles being the same as theirs to enforce the idea of this being an epic love story, Romeo and Juliet, Wuthering Heights etc...Darcy and Elizabeth also get a mention. (I'm also assuming she's trying to encourage tweens to read the classics).

Anyway, so much of Edward is Darcy...this silly little book illuminated that fact. To bad Robert Pattinson isn't the actor that Colin Firth is. I'm hoping for improvement in the second movie go round...but I think so much of what was wrong with the first movie was the gawd awful script. Too bad they couldn't find a different screen writer. *sigh*

I agree, the Jacob love story is much more organic and palatable to the level headed . But the Edward one is the deliriously fanciful unicorny, chemical one that's irresistible... and he is so much better in the books...vampire bits aside.
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Twilight - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Twilight - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2009-11-13, 10:17

It was Carrie and Brad, again, who were doing the "Don't let your babies..." song. Hopefully "Poor Kanye" will never live it down. He is an embarrassment and disgraceful on several levels beyond the Taylor episode... Twilight - Page 2 909359

But back to the vampires.....I find that the Vampire Dairies are competing quite well in the total mythology in terms of story line, actor appeal, etc., and of course draw more total viewers over the course of a season.
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2009-11-14, 01:53

I really, really like Vampire Diaries. But, it's on at the same time as FlashFoward...which is really putting a crimp in my viewing...CW was showing re-runs on Wed for awhile but *sigh*....At least it's not a show that'll get canceled...so I will be able to see everything at some point. Sucky networks for not being more organized to my needs. They should so know better by now. cantsleep

*hehe*

:tomatododger:
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2009-11-14, 15:11

The CW was running repeats of TVD up until last week but don't see it this week, but I've been going online to watch it anyway.

Meanwhile....this billboard is on the next street over from me. Twilight - Page 2 Icon_cool It is 410 yards, straight line, from my house. Can any of you claim the same ? Twilight - Page 2 Icon_razz

Twilight - Page 2 IMG_2518
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Melandra 2009-11-22, 13:23

cool billboard. :) I want to like this show, I really do. *sigh* I just feel like they keep rerunning the same storyline. Brother does something bad, main guy gives him a pass and lets him live...brother does something bad, main guy gets all mad, but gives him a pass and lets him live...and then he is shocked when...big surprise his brother does something bad, again. we need to shake up the storyline
Melandra
Melandra

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2009-11-22, 16:04

I just watched the 11/19 episode online. It was better in that another vampire showed up but is now "dispatched", and the new history teacher was the one who staked him which implies that he knows what is going on in town vampire-wise. The sheriff does too, as far as that particular vamp was concerned but doesn't know the truth about Stefan and Damon......I don't know why.... Twilight - Page 2 66732 Meanwhile Stefan and Elena "did it" Twilight - Page 2 983254 which may or may not turn out to be a good idea.... Twilight - Page 2 Suspect
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-12-03, 12:54

http://www.comcast.net/video/pattinson-and-stewart-make-out/1679366119/Comcast/1680866861/

I'm not concerned about what Stewart and Pattinson do with each other but I am a little concerned that Taylor Swift has taken up with Jake Gyllenhal. He's a little weird. She can do better than that, but then she has had other high profile boyfriends, briefly, and nothing bad has come of it, so this won't last long either, we hope. Twilight - Page 2 66732
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Trav 2010-12-03, 13:14

Blech! Didn't he kiss Heath Ledger?? roflmao "Lips that touch thine, shall never touch mine!" :)

Trav
Cocoon Stage
Cocoon Stage

Registration date : 2007-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-12-03, 15:12

That's the rumor although I never saw that movie. But Taylor has a high standard to maintain so she can't be seen with just anyone. It's understandable that she would be flattered to have all these high-profile guys hitting on her, but she has more innate talent than all of them and her fans are so loyal and even rabid. she can't let them down.

I know all this :lol: after seeing her Thanksgiving night special. She drove her bus down Hollywood Bl. to promote her new CD and publicized only with tweets and thousands of fans showed up, along the street, on roofs, etc.

Then there was a mini-bio on E! a few nights ago. Going back to when she was 4-5 and already singing. Her mother is pretty protective too. She's had meet-and-greet-autograph signings that have lasted 13 hours ! and she was there the whole time. Who else would do that ?
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2010-12-03, 18:12

I wub Jake Gyllenhal. He's highly smooch worthy. Cutie
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-07-22, 13:02

8 Things You Need to Know About 'Breaking Dawn: Part 1'

By SaraC
Fri, 22 Jul 2011 17:26:18 GMT

pattinsonbig.jpgAll good things come to an end and sadly, the "Twilight Saga" is no exception. Whether you are a die-hard Twi-hard or a newcomer to the series, here are the things you have to know about the next installment and what surprises lie in store, straight from the "Twilight" stars' mouths. (Sorry, no explanations about Robert Pattinson's hair.)

The Shoot Was Complicated
Elizabeth Reaser (Esme Cullen) sometimes forgot which "Twilight" film she was shooting. She would ask herself: "Which uncomfortable shoes am I wearing today and that's how I would know which movie I was shooting."

International Sets Are even Crazier
Robert Pattinson said that while shooting on the streets of Brazil, "People would literally just go up to you and grab you ... on the set.

Taylor Lautner Still Doesn't Understand Imprinting
"I was pretty nervous about imprinting. I was given an X on a wall," Lautner said. "I had to walk into the room on the verge of killing this baby, then stop, twist and imprint. Whatever that means. I spent a lot of time talking to Bill and to Stephanie and it was like 'What exactly does an imprint look like?"

Peter Facinelli Might Be a Bit of a Prude
Elizabeth Reaser said that her favorite moment in the saga got cut from the franchise. She and costar Peter Facinelli had a "sexy scene" early on that didn't make it, and apparently, she wanted it to much sexier than Peter did.

Some Members of the Cast Are Very Dorky
Boobooo Stewart who plays Seth Clearwater said that he can relate to the "Twilight" fans at Comic-Con and would definitely wait overnight to see "The Lord of the Rings."

Robert Pattinson said the geekiest thing he learned about Kristen Stewart was she only watches the Cooking channel. She has a TV in her makeup trailer which is on at all times.

Kristen Stewart revealed that Taylor Lautner is an amazing dancer. "Taylor can dance and he never wants to say that he can. He can move his hips better than I will ever dream ... it's crazy," Stewart said. "You should see how he does it, it's always to the craziest music.

The Movie Effected Stewart's Personal Life
"I can't draw a line between myself and stuff that I do. It's not just about this - really everything - it's tough to take myself out of it," Stewart said. "So, I've been building up to these moments for four years. I was 17 when I started doing this movie and this one really is one of those cathartic, impactful, huge life moments. They're not all completely fantasy. They're rooted in a reality I can completely see myself in. Shooting these scenes I have to let myself realize that these moments will find themselves naturally and I can't let the book punch me in the face every morning to wake me up and give me stomach aches. You have to let the moments happen."

There Will Be Surprises Fans Aren't Expecting
"I do feel it's very, very close to the book, and a really sincere telling of the story," Stewart said. "... but at the same time we added bits that are surprises that surprised me too in the more iconic bits - in the wedding, at the honeymoon."

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2