The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A slow afternoon in the house......

Go down

A slow afternoon in the house...... Empty A slow afternoon in the house......

Post  Banjo 2011-07-29, 15:38

.....so we'll look at this; I'm not as sure as Kubicek that Kalia has what it takes to go all the way. All the vets are arrayed against her meaning that Shelly and Porsche will toady up and go along. I'm not sure about Adam, he could float where the winds look most favorable so that leaves Dani in Kalia's camp, ostensibly. But she is out to win and she certainly won't drag Kalia along with her when the going gets rough. Although Kalia did well in last night's HOH comp. which didn't require much physical movement, she has shown to be at a disadvantage in comps that do, admittedly only one of those so far.

Friday, July 29, 2011
Why I Love Kalia on 'Big Brother 13'
John Kubicek

Senior Writer, BuddyTV

This week on Big Brother 13, Kalia went from a minor fly on the wall to a major player, and it wasn't all good. The veterans have hurled a slew of insults at her and the sheer hatred they have for Kalia is astonishing. But I need to defend her, because to me, Kalia has stepped up as my favorite player in the game. She's smart, she's logical, and she's on Big Brother 13 to win. She's not a spineless jellyfish.

SPOILER WARNING: This article contains information about this week's HoH competition.

While the hatred for Kalia was building, it hit a boiling point when Kalia and Daniele were the last two left in the endurance HoH competition and Daniele won it. The sour grapes from the veterans, particularly Brendon, were painful.

Following the HoH competition, Brendon called Kalia "the ultimate floater," "stupid" and a "bitch." He also joked around with Rachel and Porsche about Kalia's weight, and her muffin top. Those intense and very personal attacks, by themselves, are enough to make me love Kalia, because no one deserves to be talked about that way. It's rude, childish and immature. Yes, Kalia has mocked Brendon and Rachel, but the vast majority of her complaints are game-related about their arrogance and Rachel's crying jags. It's nowhere near the level of last season when jokes were regularly made about Rachel's body and breasts.

However, my real problem isn't with the juvenile insults about Kalia's weight, it's with calling her "the ultimate floater." Sure, in the first two weeks, Kalia was trying to float by, quietly throwing competitions and trying to be nice to everyone so she'd stay safe. But in the last week Kalia has seen the error of her ways, atoned for the mistake of siding with the veterans in week one and joined forces with Daniele to dismantle the power couples.

Kalia may have been a floater before, but now she's not. Now she's 100 percent AGAINST the veterans. Jeff and the other veterans get made because they think Kalia talks to them and then runs back to tell everything to Daniele. If that makes someone a floater, then how about Shelly and Porsche? We all saw that it was Shelly's two-faced betrayal of Dominic's trust that caused all of the drama from the past week when she ratted out his plans to Jordan.

Rachel likes to use competitions as a measurement for whether someone is a floater, so let's look at them. Dominic is the only non-veteran to win any competition in the house this season, and he was the runner-up to Jordan in the week 2 HoH golf game. Yet he was sent home. Now there's Kalia, who was the runner-up for the HoH competitions in week 2 and week 4, and who has NEVER played in a Power of Veto competition. Can you really call her out for not competing when she's done quite well in half of the challenges she's played in? Sure, there was the embarrassing "injury" from the ant food competition, but those are irrelevant to the actual game.

Jeff may have dismissed Dominic's speech about spineless jellyfish, but he was right. The floaters like Shelly and Porsche are playing this game for the veterans and their only hope of winning is to make the final five or final six and then win a lot of competitions. The two power couples have made it abundantly clear in the last 24 hours that they will never turn on each other. Why on Earth would you actively play to keep a solid, unbreakable four-person alliance in this house?

If you wanted to win, you wouldn't. Kalia and Daniele may be on the block next week and one of them may go home, but at least they're trying to win. At least they're not rolling over for the power couples and letting them walk away with the season. Kalia's willingness to stand up to them, to pick a side, to stop being a floater, is what I admire about her. She wants to win, and it's nothing personal, unlike with the veterans.

The veterans are bullies, and even when they're not in power, their strategy is to bully Daniele into keeping them. Kalia, on the other hand, stands up to bullies. In the big house meeting fight, we saw Kalia get fed up with all of their B.S. and just go off on them. She said a lot of what I wanted to say to them, and, unlike the veterans, she has a heightened self-awareness (as exhibited by the fact that, one hour into the fight, she asked "Is any of this making a difference?").

No, Kalia, it wasn't making a difference in the house, but it did for me. That's the moment when I realized Kalia is a smart, serious self-aware gameplayer, and the moment I decided to root for her to win Big Brother 13.

What do you think of Kalia?
Love her
Hate her
I don't think anything about her
Submit ยป
Banjo
Banjo

A slow afternoon in the house...... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100A slow afternoon in the house...... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

A slow afternoon in the house...... Empty Re: A slow afternoon in the house......

Post  Banjo 2011-07-29, 16:30

Things are picking up.....everyone was locked out in the yard for ~1/2 hour while production set up the kitchen with America's Food Choice for the Have Nots this week. It is seaweed and sardines.

Adam puts the sea weed in plastic bags for refrig. storage. Note the cans of sardines. He's wearing an elf costume because that was what was in the "snow ball" that he chose last night after the HOH.

A slow afternoon in the house...... IMG_00084

Here's some of the sea weed as they attempt to sort out the edible portions..

A slow afternoon in the house...... IMG_0010

I'm not sure what this is but the camera operators seemed to like showing it... scratch ....oh , I think it's part of the wire mesh container that the sea weed comes in. Where do you buy that stuff ? :what?:

A slow afternoon in the house...... IMG_00093
Banjo
Banjo

A slow afternoon in the house...... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100A slow afternoon in the house...... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

A slow afternoon in the house...... Empty Re: A slow afternoon in the house......

Post  Banjo 2011-07-29, 16:58

Gratuitous Dani pics........ :lol:

She's in her fancy HOH bedroom schmoozing with Shelly as Shelly works to build an alliance with her. I don't trust Shelly.

A slow afternoon in the house...... IMG_000110

A slow afternoon in the house...... IMG_000111

A slow afternoon in the house...... IMG_00054

Now Jeff and Jordan are up there trying to suck up..... Rolling Eyes

2:37 PM BBT
Cam 1
Shelly and Daniele in the HoH room

Shelly- who do you want on your side? I can help you with that.

Daniele- I dont' really have very many options at this point, and Rachel was up

Shelley- you would be crazy to take that they would throw you out

Daniele- I know, and if one of them go home, I will still have 3 people coming after me.

Shelly talks about how she's honest... how Jeff/Jordan are honest.. they play the game with honesty ...

Daniele- the problem with them is that they hate me.

Shelly- I thought you and Jeff were best friends, explain to me what happened, because J/J don't talk bad about you, but Rachel and Brendon do talk bad about you. I totally think that you could make a deal ... she puts her hand up and says... but that's TOTALLY up to you.

quick Palms.. then back ..

They continue to talk about Jeff/Jordan.. Rachel/Brendon ..

Daniele telling Shelly how Rachel was trying to threaten her with jury votes ...

Shelly- if you trust me and I trust you, I think that we can go far in this game. I'm athletic ..

This is a quick talking convo .... FLASHBACK worthy for sure ...
Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:43 pm

Shelly told Daniele that she really and truly appreciated that Daniele came to her and apologized to her the other day ..

Shelly- it mean the world to me

Daniele told her that she really likes her ...

Shelly- I pretty much tell Adam what to do.. are you aware of that?

Daniele - no ..

Shelly- yeah he's so nervous, he comes to me with everything...

230BBT
CAM2

Shelly and Dani in HoH...

Dani: Where do you stand?
Shelly: I think you know...

Dani:I heard you were going to put me up if you won HoH...
Shelly: Thats rachael...
D: You sure?
S: Thats her passing blame to take attention off of herself.
S: If you shoot straight with me I will always shoot straight with you. You kno I haven't lied to you in this game.
D: I just need to know because if I make a big move I'll be hung out to dry. If I do this it will benefit the whole house.
S: We're good... I won't hang you out. But if I hear you coming after me we're done. I've always trusted you.
D: Ok

S: So who is your target? Because you know B/R will do nothing but lie. They will throw anyone under the bus.
D: And then play the integrity card... and of course. They threw me under the bus. It may have been my idea... but they were 100% on board.
S: So then who do you want to play with? I can help you. You know honesty is big to me.
D: I have no one. Rach wants to deal...
S: That would be stupid.
D: Of course but I'm in a bad spot. I make a big move, that benefits the whole house, and then I have 3 people coming after me.
S: (starts pushing/defending J/J)
D: They hate me...
S: Explain something to me... I thought you and Jeff were BFFs... what happened?
D: (explains)
S: I think you can make a huge deal for you here.. you know they are trustworthy.

Daniele -- I think he ( Adam ) has been listening to J/J and R/B

Shelly-is he with them?

Daniele-dunno

Shelly- because he hasn't said anything to me about it ...

They continue to talk ...

Daniele- I am not just gonna sit up here an toy with people

Shelly- I love that about you Daniele

Daniele talks about how she doesn't like how Brendon thinks that this is a dictatorship

Shelly - and nobody dictated me coming up here.. I told them that I was going to come up here and see what's going on .... (Oops.. she slips ...she realizes what she just said ) and quickly says .. that was a conversation that I was having with myself...

( don't think that Daniele caught it )

Adam ringing the door bell....
Shelly- just tell them to go away
Daniele- can you just give us a few minutes
Adam - I know a lot of people are wanting to talk .. so ..
Daniele- just 10 minutes....
He leaves

Shelly saying all the right things to Daniele .. telling her that she has a great shot at the $25,000 for America's Player ... etc.

Shelly- do you feel like Rachel is still your buddy?
Daniele- absolutely not
Shelly- good because they are doing nothing but talking bad about you ...

Shelly tells her that it was embarrassing to her that they all were yelling Shelly.... Shelly ..

Daniele - they were doing that to get to me

They agree that they will both talk to each other if they hear anything that conflicts with what they are telling each other....

Shelly- I will walk right up here and ask you... my career is based on being honest.. etc... I support my family, my husband owns a great pool business, but I support my family, I cannot lose my job going out of here.. if my boss thinks that I have lied and .. I can't do that .. I can't lose my job like that

Daniele says she understands..

Shelly- so lets have an open dialogue...

Daniele- well you are really liked in this house so don't worry about that ..

They talk about how people play the game for different reasons ...

Shelly- from my heart I mean this .. I know that you work your ass off every night in a bar, you go to school, you have had kinda of a sh%tty life and I know you want to protect your brother .. and my life may be very different from yours.. but I want to protect my family just the same...

Jeff and Jordan at the door ...

Shelly leaves...

2:58 PM BBT
Cam 1

Jeff/Jordan/Daniele

Daniele tells them that what she told Jordan was true, she does not want to personally hurt someone .. and that for her.. if she can just make up for that .. by not going after them this week...

Jeff - I know you saw an opportunity and you took it .. don't blame you for that ... but I got blindsided by it.. I do take things personally .. doesn't make us bad game players.. it was hard for us to come back on here.. we knew we would be a target... he talks about not wanting to be separated from Jordan for the summer .. it's not that we are not game players...

Daniele- I get it .. you have goals and then you go from there ...

Jordan- we don't want you to think that we are just coming up here

Daniele- no matter what Rachel says ... he begging and pleading.. I KNOW that I would be going home this week.. no matter what she says.. and I made my bed and now I have to lay in it .. but I won because I had to

Daniele- but for me.. if I could just offer this to you and have a one week truce for me...

Jeff -we would take that deal. And, I don't want to hear about anything else that you are doing.. but we will take that deal and you know our word is good.

Daniele- yeah

Jeff asking about the deal that Rachel said she wanted to make.

Daniele recounts what Rachel presented to her .. and how she threatened her with the jury votes if any of them ( J/J or B/R ) went home this week.

Jeff tells her that is why he wanted to come to talk to her.. that it's too much telephone..

He tells her how Porsche was saying things that were not even true....

They talk about how so much info gets passed around in this house

Daniele asks if it's true that Shelly said she was going to put her up if she won HoH?

Jordan- no

Jeff- if you extend that olive branch that week to week.. and you know that things change week to week...

Daniele- yeah

Jeff- but that would soften the blow ...

Daniele apologizes again to Jeff saying that she didn't do it personally ... she really doesn't want them to go home ...

Jeff- I appreciate the olive branch and we do play honest.

Adam- this is weird.. I have to come up here dressed like I am..
Daniele- you look so happy ..
Adam - I am.. I want to play this game, we've had good talks before, I know how this game is played, not talking about this person or that person, I want to be here, and if I can't win, I want a part of choosing who wins..

Daniele says that for them.. she thinks they haven't had a chance to really know if they could play together ... but she does want him in the jury.. she knows he is a good game player, he would vote that way ..

She tells him how Rachael threatened her with jury votes

Daniele- I have no intentions of getting you out of this house

Adam- thank you

Daniele- I want us to be on kinda the same page on who we are going after...

Adam talks about how when she told him that she was trying to make a move to keep him in the house he didn't know if she was really doing that .. but once he found out about the back door idea he realized that she was really trying to save both him and Dominic ..

She tells him that is why she told him to win the veto and she didn't know that they had told Dom to throw it ... and how Rachel and Brendon then turned on him ....

They continue to talk ...

Adam- I am here to play.. if you want to evict me .. nominate me .. he says that is what he tells everyone ... he wants to play.. have the chance to play.

He goes onto say that if she doesn't nominate him.. can she at least not make his key last.. he says he hasn't had the chance to turn anyone's key yet ..

She laughs...

Adam- if I am here next week.. I owe you.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-07-29, 18:42

So far everyone has been up to the HOH room to suck up to Daniele. This isn't unprecedented, every one does it when a new HOH wins. They must state their case and try to get the HOH to not nominate them, at a surface level, and feel each other out for long range strategies. This afternoon, going on 4 hours now, there has been in order: Shelly, Jeff and Jordan, Adam, Kalia, Brendon and Rachel, and now Porsche is up there. That leaves Lawon as the last one, I assume he'll show up eventually.

Dani listens patiently to each one but she knows that her most important strategic decisions must be planned around the J/J and B/R pairs as the only other vets. So in her discussions with them they seemingly make deals to not put each other up. How well these promises are held to remains to be seen. So as my last entry for this afternoon here's her convo with Brendan and Rachel:

brendon, dani, rachel cam 1 4:02 p.m. bbt

rachel: if we all work together we can get further in this game
brendan: i don't want us 5 to fight with each other and Kalia or lawon win this game

r: if you knock us out...blah blah...every single week, we war against each other and they skate thru (not verbatim) I feel like we can all work together and get really far in this game. i'm 100% telling you if we work together we get far in this game.

d: to be honest, I don't know. I think people have different game tactics and I don't know.
b: you won 5 pov's in your last show. i still would prefer to see one of the 5 of us win 100%

there's a lot of 100% talk around.

dani brings up what rachel said yesterday - if she takes one of the 4 of them out (j,j.b.r) there's 3 jury votes against her.

r: you know i'm not gonna vote not to have you in the final 2

rachel owns up to what she said adn said she was emotional. she knows what she did to dani was messed up..she thought dani was coming for her and brendon. if we can cross that bridge, we can move forward and play a great game together

brendon: we do have trust issues, what do we do from this point forward? None of us at this point should be playing emotionally

all the floaters will make it to the end, just like he told matt and ragan last year

kalia, shelly, lawon winning, there's no reason for that.

r: every single year, people take out competitors because they start going to war and floaters get thru to the end. going now to war..if we work together we have 50$ that veteran

d: these people are deathly afraid of me
r: so then why would you be their target?
d: because they're scared of you on a different level. there's 2 of you and just one of me.

b: the veterans have a good chance of winning competitions and wiping out the competition.

this is definitely flashback worthy...too much talking to keep typing.

basically rachel and brendon saying they won't backstab dani and they should work together and it won'[t be emotional, the power shifts every week.
Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Rachel- ( re: Kalia getting to the end ) do you not think that would be unfortunate?

Daniele- I don't know . I just think that people have different ways of playing the game.

Rachel and Brendon both tell her that they .. no matter what .. want her to win the game .. over someone like Kalia or Lawon...

Daniele- but that is not what you said to me yesterday.

Brendon- when she was emotional

Daniele - YOU told me that if any of you guys went home that I would not get any of your votes...

silence..

Rachel says that yeah she said that ... but she must know that she would not vote that way in the end if she took someone out of the game.. even in her alliance...

Brendon- at this point .. none of us should be playing emotionally ... if we go after each other.. then the floaters will make it through ...

He talks about how he doesn't want to be sitting in the Jury house and see someone like last year .. how Enzo came in 3rd..

Rachel- and you have said that before too.. you do not want floaters in this game...

She continues to talk.. saying that she has to know that she would not be a target over them..

Daniele- that is not true.. I think that you guys might really think that way ..but people are deathly afraid of me.. whether I have a friendship with them or not ..

Rachel- then why would they take you out?

Daniele-because there is one of me and 2 of you

Brendon continues to push that they should all work together .. and that even she only gets to 3rd place .. she will win America's Player because she played the game.

Brendon- if you keep us ... we will not vote you or or back door you.. the only time we have broken our word in this game is with Dominic

( well duh )

Rachel telling her there is nothing better to know that you have someone in the game that would play and take you off the block.. no reason to take each other out.. no reason not to work together ... prizes are coming, trips, $$, fun things that they can all celebrate together .. no reason for Veterans who have played this game before to turn on each other.. no reason to have floaters in the game.. she is for the F5 deal.. she will forget everything that has happened...

Brendon- you can't play this game emotionally ... like last year with Matt.. the person that I really wanted to take out .. I should have and that would have put me winning America's Player...

Brendon- if you keep us in this game.. we will not come after you and if Jeff and Jordan told you that too... I am like 70% that Jeff and Jordan will keep their word.

Rachel-but we are 100%

Brendon says that she said things to Jeff that were personal to him, they all said things etc.

Rachel- it would be beneficial to your game to keep us here.

Brendon- we've all played this game before and you know that you don't get anywhere playing for revenge..

They push and push ...

Brendon- they ( J/J) are sweet as they can be.. but they are not fighters like we are.. you won that comp yesterday because you are a fighter

Rachel- and we are also very loyal.

FLASHBACK to catch it all .....

http://www.bigbrotherupdates.com/posts15410-start45.html
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down