The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Idol

+3
ISLANDGIRL5
jero
jojo
7 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

American Idol - Page 2 Empty Re: American Idol

Post  jojo 2008-03-25, 21:46

Taylor is still around, but obviously did not make the big time.
I'm sure he is enjoying doing county fairs.

Actually, I am going to go see Carrie Underwood at MSU on April 3rd with my daughter Kelly.....can't wait!!!!

David Cook was HOT tonight. I loved how he totally changed up "Billy Jean" (yes, the Michael Jackson song) David rocked it up!!! Very cool.

David Archuletta is still a cutie......can I hear a big AAAWWWW!!!

It was fun to see all the contestants and little babies and kids....they were all soooooo cute!!!!
jojo
jojo

American Idol - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100American Idol - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jero 2008-03-25, 23:31

wave

Michael Johns should do a Queen song every show! He doesn't have Freddy Mercury's voice, but he really makes those songs enjoyable again!

cheers Kristie did something Simon kinda liked. :what?:
jero
jero
Transformation
Transformation

American Idol - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100American Idol - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post  ISLANDGIRL5 2008-03-26, 07:26

David Cook was by far my favorite last night. He totally rocked that song, and I didn't even like it when Michael Jackson sang it, lol.

Michael Johns was awesome as well.

David Archuletta is probably the cutest little thing since the little boy with the big lisp and thick glasses in Jerry Maguire. haha.

The girls are still blah for me. Not really any that stand out except for Brooke. Although not so much last night, I really do like her.
ISLANDGIRL5
ISLANDGIRL5

Back to top Go down

Post  jero 2008-03-26, 10:22

wave

I'd like to see Jason do some Cat Stevens! Or Dave Mathews! Wouldn't it be 8) if he did Crash Into Me?

Who do you think would do a good job of singing Here With Me?
jero
jero
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-03-26, 11:28

Jero, I love that idea....you must send Jason an email to do Cat Stevens or Dave Mathews....I think they get email and do read it....go for it!!!!

I think Brooke could sing Here With Me.....
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  ISLANDGIRL5 2008-03-26, 13:06

Jojo! Great minds think alike...LOL. When I was reading jero's post, my first thought was Brooke. I think she'd do it justice.

I would love to hear David Cook sing something like Hinder....or maybe Nickelback. But you're right....Dave Matthews would sound great.
ISLANDGIRL5
ISLANDGIRL5

Back to top Go down

Post  jero 2008-03-26, 23:06

wave

You can send them email? scratch
jero
jero
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-04-03, 08:04

Well, we said goodbye to cute little Ramile last night.....she really was sad and I think she and her family was shocked....she had never been in the bottom three yet....but I do think she was not rising to the level the rest of them are. It was her time to go......I'm loving how the guys are clearly the front runners......Top three will be David Cook, David Archuletta, and Michael Johns.....I think they are the only ones not to have been in the bottom three yet.......
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  ISLANDGIRL5 2008-04-04, 09:46

I agree JoJo, on the top 3. I am liking David Cook more and more each week. I'll even venture to say the top 2 will be the two Davids.
ISLANDGIRL5
ISLANDGIRL5

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-04-11, 08:15

Shocker, shocker, we say goodbye to Michael Johns!!!!!

His only problem was he WAS being out sung by David Cook and David Archuletta. He had a lot of potential, but all in all, he was a little on the boring side. I also think he is a little too old to get the "little girls" vote.

I am curious why they keep bringning Brooke out first in the elimination round. Also, is she really not going to be able to go to her sister's wedding this weekend....I find it hard to believe their schedule is THAT packed????

I thought the American Idol Gives Back show was pretty good.....Fergie singing with "Heart" was a little to weird for me.....but I loved seeing Carrie Underwood again. And the Hollywood band with Teri Hatcher and friends was hillarious. They annouced last night that they had raised over 60 million so far. You can't help but want to give when you see those poor children in Africa and those in the USA as well!!!! A lot of good has come out of the 76 million given last year. Hopefully they will surpass that number and do even more good things for those children.
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  ISLANDGIRL5 2008-04-11, 11:55

Okay, I am completely shocked that Michael Johns went before Christy Lee Cook, before Syesha, and even before Jason Castro.

That elimination was worse than when RJ got eliminated and shocked everyone in season one, or when Chris Daughtry went so early.

I think the thing is...everyone assumed, oh, they're so good, they're safe. I think he'll make it, regardless. Someone somehwere will pick him up, and he's got alot of fans out there. So, we'll see.

Idol Gives Back was good. Loved seeing The Band from TV with Teri Hatcher. My favorite was seeing Chase from House on the violin...or fiddle, or whatever the heck that thing was. Heee. I always liked him in House, and seeing him in this element was cool.
ISLANDGIRL5
ISLANDGIRL5

Back to top Go down

Post  jero 2008-04-12, 00:49

wave

Cry I missed Jesse Spencer playing the violin?!?!? I didn't watch the Gives Back show. Darn it! I wonder if it's on YouTube?

Well after last night I KNOW this show is rigged! I won't be watching it anymore. No Not that I thought Michael Johns would win, but he's definitely got more talent/star potential than ANY of the women. It's like the FOX execs decided the show needed some controversy so they sent him home. (Don't forget that the networks do have absolute control over their shows.)

The kicker was Ryan being cruel with his comment about how they didn't send anyone home at this point last year. (Why don't we have a smilie for when you're mad?)
jero
jero
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  ISLANDGIRL5 2008-04-12, 13:44

We can see your angry face, Jero. ;(

Mine looked just like it.

Jesse Spencer looked so cute too...and yes, it's on YouTube He's so adorable.

LINK to video:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ISLANDGIRL5
ISLANDGIRL5

Back to top Go down

Post  jero 2008-04-14, 22:08

wave

Yes, Jesse is cute! He's even cuter in person! Two Hearts I hope he makes it to the next Bowl-a-thon. I'd love to bowl with him again. Well actually what I'd like, is to hear him talk in person again. Aussie accents just melt me. 😳
jero
jero
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-04-15, 07:53

Well, I feel your anger jero, but I don't believe you that you won't watch it anymore.....as far as Michael John's goes, I hate to admit it, but I REALLY think his age(30ish) had something to do with it....all the young girls out there are the main voters....and all the young girls were not as attracted to him as us "older" girls....hehe. He obviously did not have a fan base, or they would have kept him in. His fans were the people who don't vote much.....sorry, jero, but I really do think that is what happened. He will probably still get a record deal and do well if it was meant to be......did you see the way Randy Jackson talked with him when he ended his final song down by the judges....there was a record deal in the works......you no longer have to win this show to do well...if you are talented enough, which those in the top 10 are, you will have as good of a shot if not better. Remember, after being voted out you get to make the talk show curcuit, which is great exposure....as well as the top ten tour.
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-04-16, 08:29

Well, ALL the boys did quite well last night.....but they definitely had the advantage singing Mariah songs, where they could sing them entirely different than Mariah would....where the girls still get compared to her.

I agree with the judges that Carly is holding back for some reason....she really needs to let loose. She "could" be awesome!!! Syesha probably did the best of any of the girls, and the judges still were just ok with her performance.

I heard Michael Johns on my radio station this morning.....he is looking forward to the tour and then he plans to put out an album of soul/rock type of songs.
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  ISLANDGIRL5 2008-04-16, 11:13

Okay, I am totally in love with David Cook. And it's not because he's gorgeous or anything, it's because the man can sing, and sing well! He rocked last night! That is and always has been my favorite Mariah song, and he totally blew it out of the ballpark. heee. He's my pick for American Idol.

Archie--he was okay. Not the best I've seen him, but still consistent with being better than the girls. And he's so freaking adorable, in a you-want-to-run-up-and-pinch-his-cheeks kind of way.

Jason Castro--Second best, only to my main man, David Cook. Good version of a good song.

Brooke--I wish she'd quit playing when she sings and concentrate on her singing. I think she'd do alot better. I do like her voice, though.

Syesha--I never liked that Mariah song, and I really don't like Syesha, so the performance for me, was blah.

Carly--I like her, but I hated her performance last night. I think she took a big risk singing that song, and to me, she struggled with it.

Christy Lee Cook--I'm really surprised she's still here. But, I do think she did okay last night. At least she looked pretty. Wink
ISLANDGIRL5
ISLANDGIRL5

Back to top Go down

Post  ISLANDGIRL5 2008-04-17, 09:10

Okay, some dude out there needs to give Christy Cook her horse back. ;(

Was no surprise she went home.

I was downright confused, though, with the two groups Ryan had on stage...until he asked David Cook and Syesha to switch places. Then I wasn't so confused. Pretty smooth, making us guess and all.

But, I think the right person went home. Next to go: Syesha
ISLANDGIRL5
ISLANDGIRL5

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-04-17, 10:17

I totally agree with you Island Girl......I think the producers knew Christy was going home, so they did that one last effort for her to get her horse back.....the guy who has the horse will definitely feel the pressure now, but my fear is he will ask her for double what he paid......after all, she is a top ten idol now.

I thought it was cool the way they did the switch of David and syesha at the last minute, because they were trying to keep the suspense there, and it worked for me. I was confused as well......

I had already guessed that they were going to bring out "Archie" (I love that knickname Island Girl!!!!) and have him pick which group to go stand with....and I could have guessed as well, that he would sit down and refuse to pick....didn't Taylor do the exact same thing?????? Archie is obviously the front runner vote wise, which is why he got to come out last.......

As we all know, at this point, it doesn't matter who wins.....because once you are in the top 7 or so, if you got what it takes, you will make it.....

I enjoyed seeing Elliot again!!!
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  ISLANDGIRL5 2008-04-17, 10:55

Jojo, I think it was Melinda Doolittle last year that did the same thing. Just sat down in the middle of the stage when Ryan asked her to go stand with the group she thought would be safe.

And you are right, Jojo, I do think Archie is the frontrunner, as far as votes go. I think that he will win this, not necessarily based on talent, but just because every single teeny bopper in America, plus every grandmother in America be voting for him.He's just too freakin adorable. :)
ISLANDGIRL5
ISLANDGIRL5

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-04-23, 07:16

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed last night's performances. I love Andrew Lloyd Webber. I think it will be between Syesha and Brooke for going home tonight......The two David's were wonderful doing songs from Phantom.....and Carly surprised me with a great rendition of Jesus Christ Superstar!!! Jason was good, but I was hoping for more.....
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  ISLANDGIRL5 2008-04-23, 21:03

LOVED David Cook. That's my favorite Phantom of the Opera song, and he's my favorite Idol this year...naturally, a great combination. WooHoo!!!!!

Okay, so Carly is gone. ONE HUNDRED PERCENT surprised that Brooke wasn't in the bottom two. I too thought it would be her and Syesha in the bottom two.

And I'm equally surprised it wasn't Syesha gone tonight. She's scraped her way out of elmination too many times.
ISLANDGIRL5
ISLANDGIRL5

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2008-04-24, 15:58

Yeah...have to say I'm really amazed about Brooke. I don't think she's got a future...everything she's done has played to sympathy....which has given her a following...but won't keep them in her corner when they discover that she's playing them.. No polish...and no pride.

On the other hand when they showed the beginning pics of Carley it was clear to see how she had changed and progressed and was developing lots of polish. Her rendition of Jesus Christ Superstar was the first time I'd ever heard a female sing it...and I totally believed her.

Like the guy on the radio said this morning...."Dont cry for her Argentina...she'll do just fine."
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Registration date : 2007-03-17

https://blu5community.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-04-24, 16:28

Yes, I agree, Carly will do just fine. Syesha will end up on Broadway in New York, where so many others have landed.

Brooke, unfortuunately is the latest item on "Votefortheworst.com" so they are helping keep her in this.

At this point, with only five left, anyone could leave at anytime......but my money is still on the two Davids for the finale.

I want to go see Phantom again (I've only seen it three times on Broadway) Rolling Eyes And David Cook could SO be the Phantom.
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-04-30, 07:02

Neil Diamond night was very interesting.....Simon has to watch what he says, he really implies the writers songs are boring sometimes.....there is only so much you can do with some of the songs.....I think he picks on Jason Castro too much....the guy has a definite style that he is sticking with....it's not like he is going to win or anything......but Forever in Blue Jeans was a perfect song for him....too bad there wasn't a song about smokin pot.......

I still think we will go down to the two Davids....I think Brooke still needs to go tonight, but it will probably be Syesha. However, she did really well last night...I really liked her performances!!!

And Jeers to Paula for screwing up the judges comments, which weren't given until after they all sang the first song....she commented on the first and second songs, but they hadn't sun the second song yet!!!!! Too funny!!!!!
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next