The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glee Club Premier - Tonight, Sept. 9th

+3
Berry
jojo
Penny
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Glee Club Premier - Tonight, Sept. 9th - Page 3 Empty Re: Glee Club Premier - Tonight, Sept. 9th

Post  Penny 2010-04-29, 07:42

Yeah, and Sue will take all those accolades! beatdown

Yeah, I love Kristin on there too! Her and Will have some good chemistry. Hope they bring her back again! Wink
Penny
Penny

Glee Club Premier - Tonight, Sept. 9th - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Glee Club Premier - Tonight, Sept. 9th - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Glee Club Premier - Tonight, Sept. 9th - Page 3 Empty Re: Glee Club Premier - Tonight, Sept. 9th

Post  jojo 2010-04-29, 08:30

Kristin was on Kelly and Regis the other morning....did a song from her new broadway show Promises Promises!! Loved it!!!!

Loved the Glee episode......especially the ending!!!! They always have a great message written in there somewhere!!!
jojo
jojo

Glee Club Premier - Tonight, Sept. 9th - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Glee Club Premier - Tonight, Sept. 9th - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-04-29, 10:46

Kristen isn't getting great reviews in Promises, Promises. Sean Hayes (used to be Will's friend on Will & Grace) is. The problem isn't her singing but apparently PP is based on the Jack Lemmon film The Apartment. The role Kristen plays was played by a young Shirley MacLaine in the movie. So that's what they think the role calls for....a sort of dewy innocence that they don't see in Kristen anymore.
they think she has hard edges and sophistication.

I would still go see that show in a heartbeat if I could. two thumbs up
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2010-04-29, 13:51

I'd love to see it too! Would love to see her in Wicked too!!! Lovies
Penny
Penny

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-05-06, 00:25

Good episode this week. Though I can't figure out exactly what the girl singer did that was so very wrong in her presentation. Goofy yes, unforgivable??? I don't see why.

Still loving all the musical aspects of this. clap
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2010-05-07, 07:51

Joss Whedon directs the May 18th episode......guest starring Neil Patrick Harris.

If you are a member of the GLEE page on Facebook, there are pictures of Joss at work.

Last edited by jojo on 2010-05-07, 07:52; edited 1 time in total
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-05-07, 07:57

Oh, I was just being dim. I can understand now what that girl did with her video that was so hateful. Yep, she's got a lot of atoning to do.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2010-05-07, 08:01

It was a straange video.....but I didn't understand why the other two guys even cared much.....neither one of them usually gave her the time of day???
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-05-07, 10:18

What I got after thinking about it....was that it was a dig at the pregnant blonde and her several baby-daddies. I gathered that everyone just thought it was "mean" .
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2010-05-10, 14:16

oh...I see now.
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2010-05-12, 23:31

I love this show! It's just the most refreshing thing out there and the whole cast is so talented! We have to tape it and watch when we get time...Craig won't miss it...so if he thinks it's good...it's great! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Registration date : 2007-03-17

https://blu5community.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2010-05-19, 16:54

What did you think of last nights episode? Enjoyed Will and Bryan Ryan (NPH) singing "Dream On". two thumbs up

How will the revelation of Rachel's mom turn out ... well I guess all she knows is what she sounds like but she will now HAVE to know who she is!!! How will that change things for her? Beatsme

I think Artie and Tina are so cute together! :P

Loving this show! wub
Penny
Penny

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2010-05-26, 07:20

Here was a review from last night's episode. I agree so much with this review!!! I love what she had to say about Finn and Kurt. two thumbs up

Glee Review: Going Gaga!
Posted on May 26th, 2010 7:01 AM by M.L. House

I've got a problem with Kurt.

I loved the episode "Theatricality." I was moved by Rachel and Shelby's reunion, I've already purchased their cover of "Poker Face," I laughed out loud at the Lady Gaga costumes, and I thought the Twilight/vampire references were hilarious and brilliant.

But let's talk about my problem with Kurt first.

He's a great character (played by a great actor), yet he was totally in the wrong last night. Yes, Finn crossed the line when he used the word "faggy," and I agreed with every word of Burt Hummel's speech regarding it. Still, take away that word and let's look at the fight that led up to it:

Finn was forced to adjust to a new family and a new living situation. He was sharing a room with someone attracted to him, which would be uncomfortable whether Kurt was gay, a girl or simply much older or younger than him. Finn had every right to be upset. So I wish the show had let Kurt realize the error of his ways for a change.

He's flamboyant and he's proud of being different and that's admirable. But Kurt is not always right. He's proud of being his own person, but he doesn't let others be who they are. His father is as understanding as can be, yet Kurt got mad because he took Finn to a baseball game. This week's episode concluded with Finn in a dress, coming to Kurt's rescue.

But why couldn't Finn be an athlete and a singer? Why couldn't he be someone absolutely accepting of Kurt and his lifestyle, yet want no part of it for himself? Sometimes, I wish the show would be less focused on standing up for the insecure minority and more focused on creating layered characters that break free from their stereotypes.

Simply put, Kurt owes Finn a major apology and I hope it comes next week.

But enough with my complaints (except this one: no Sue Sylvester?!?). I enjoyed this Lady Gaga-inspired hour thoroughly and here's why:

* The outfits. Simply amazing.
* Puck's serenation of Quinn and their baby was as moving as anything Glee has done. I was just like Quinn when it was over: speechless (but with fewer tears running down my cheek).
* Tina to Will, regarding Figgins: "I think he thinks vampires are real." Will's response: "Me too." HA!
* Also: Tina's mom thinks Kristen Stewart is a bitch.
* The reunion between Rachel and Shelby was handled perfectly. It would be great if they met and instantly hit it off, but it would also be unrealistic. Instead, we get to see this relationship develop and, if we're treated to any more duets like "Poker Face," it will be an incredible journey.

What did you think of the episode?

Enjoy the following Glee quotes from it:

Puck: While Jackie Daniels is a great name for a power boat or something, it's not great for a baby girl.

Kurt: What is your problem? It's just a moist towelette!

Finn: We live in Ohio, not New York... or some other city where people eat vegetables that aren't fried.

Brittany: You look terrible. I look awesome.

Rachel: When I was little and I was sad, my dads would bring me a glass of water. It got to a point where I didn't know if I was sad or thirsty.
Kurt: She changes her look faster than Britt changes sexual partners.
Brittany: It's true.

Tina: I know who I am and I'm not allowed to show it. It's like Communism.
Penny
Penny

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2010-06-02, 10:34

Who saw Glee last night!?! I loved it!!! Very funny situations and some sad too! Sad If you missed it you need to be sure and watch it!

Next week is the season finale! :cheerleader:
Penny
Penny

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2010-06-09, 10:40

So who watched the Glee finale? What did you think of the episode? I LOVED it!!!

:couchtater:

Glee Season Finale Review: What a Journey!
Posted on June 9th, 2010 7:40 AM by M.L. House

Forgive any typos in this review of the Glee season finale. My keyboard is still wet from tears shed during the group's "To Sir, With Love" tribute to Will.

I kid, but only slightly.

That song was the best moment from a nearly perfect episode, as Glee got away from specific, character-driven, theme installments and focused on New Directions as a whole. When each member offered up a one-sentence description of who they had been before the choir was formed, viewers could go also reminisce and consider how far this show has come...

... in just one season! It feels like it's been on forever, doesn't it? It's been quite a journey, so let's go over this aptly-titled finale ("Journey)" below and try to make some guesses about season two.

Training for Regional's

More Shelby ahead? For most of her stint on the show, it seemed like Glee was more focused on hiring Idina Menzel than making much sense of her character. One second she wants to meet Rachel, the next second she suddenly realizes how much of her daughter's life she's missed.

For such a major storyline, Shelby and Rachel's relationship felt rushed and scattered. But perhaps her adoption of Quinn's child will give both Shelby and the series a chance to correct her missteps. We have to see more of her next season now, right?

A chance for Wemma: Get your singing shoes on, John Stamos, you've got some competition for Emma's heart in the fall! The real question here is: Which "I love you" was more moving? Will's to Emma, or Finn's to Rachel?

How Sue sees it: I may have been in the minority, but I was never a fan of Sue's storyline with her sister. It felt manipulative, like an overt way of proving that there's an actual human being underneath that track suit.

But her decision to vote for New Directions at Regionals and then to extend the program for another year fit in perfectly with her character. It gave her heart, and a vital role, within the episode's main storyline and it made sense based on what we know about her, too.

Sorry, Olivia Newton-John, but Sue Sylvester is a mega celebrity in our minds. We've already pre-ordered her biography, "I'm a Winner and You're Fat."

The only area this finale loses points in was the strange duet between Vocal Adrenaline and Quinn's labor. The cutaways just felt disjointed, as viewers were supposed to be glaring at Jesse and his group one moment (like Rachel, oddly left behind at Regional's, for storyline purposes only), and then emotionally invested in the opposite direction in Quinn's experience the next.

I can understand, though, how the show wanted to give Vocal Adrenaline a major number, without focusing for so long on New Directions' competition. If Jesse and company were gonna win, we needed to actually watch their performance. This device allowed Glee to cover two story lines at once.

It's also hard to be too critical when Jonathan Groff is given such a platform on which to perform for a solid five minutes straight. His character also never truly found momentum (did he ever love Rachel or not? Why did he turn into such a villain after he successfully fulfilled his mission of uniting Shelby and Rachel?), but I'll miss Groff as Jesse.

Although I won't miss my wife constantly staring at him and telling me how much she wished I could sing.

In the end, there's no way New Directions could have won Regional's. The group must maintain its underdog status for at least another season. Therefore, the finale wrapped up perfectly, both emotionally and logically. I'll have more to say about it in the TV Fanatic Glee report card, so let's turn it over to readers for now.
Penny
Penny

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2010-06-09, 15:15

**NEWS FLASH**

John Stamos on Joining Glee: "I Hope They Let Me Sing and Dance"

Today 10:30 AM PDT by Kristin Dos Santos

Talk about an explosion of awesome!

After last night's incredible season ender of Glee—anyone else still weepy?—I just heard from the show's just-added heartthrob, John Stamos, who is prepping for his role this very minute. Here are John's first words about his casting:

"I'm at the gym right now working out," he admits with a laugh. "I'm singing and dancing every day. All day. So I hope they let me sing and dance a little. I started watching the show when they goofed on me and fell in love with Glee. I find it to be a celebration of diversity and I'm proud to be joining that whole extremely talented team."

You hear that? So yes, John is fully aware that the girl he'll be romancing, Jayma Mays (Emma), poked fun at him earlier this season, saying, "They say it takes certainty more than talent to make a star. I mean, look at John Stamos."

Look at him, indeed! A talented guy who doesn't take himself too seriously—in proper Glee form!—and is ready to prove that girl wrong. Just more reason to dig TV's dreamiest uncle of all time.

So will John get a chance to sing and dance on Glee when the show returns this fall? As John points out to me, "a singing and dancing dentist sounds funny." And how. Or should I say How...ell? John will be playing the role of Carl Howell, the dentist Emma told Will she was dating—after they connected over their love of oral hygiene—in last night's season finale.

You may already know John has some bona fide vocal/theatrical/Broadway prowess—he starred in Bye Bye Birdie, Caberet, Nine and How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, and Glee executive producer Dante Di Loreto tells me this morning: "I hope [John will sing]! He's a good singer. I think he's going to surprise you. I don't think it is going to be at all what anyone expects."

But exactly what John will be doing in Glee's second season is still being sussed out. "Frankly, none of us have seen any of those pages," Dante says. "As we are speaking, the writers are just writing these scripts. But they knew they had a particular character in mind and John was really well suited to that."

Side note: We caught up with Dante and the amazing Jane Lynch this morning at the Monte Carlo TV Festival, so check back for more from that—and what to expect from the second season.

In the meantime, if Will Schuester (Matthew Morrison) really wants to fight for Emma next season, he sure better bring his A game. 'Cause with the prep—and, ahem, certainty, thank you very much—John is already giving his Glee role, he's bound to be a force to be reckoned with this fall.

Anyone else loving this Glee casting coup? flipout
Penny
Penny

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2010-06-09, 15:23

I'm in a GLEE mood!!! :P

'Glee' Season Two Had Better Answer Some Questions
Where are Rachel's dads? Can Brittany sing? And other mysteries not resolved in the season finale

By Jean Bentley

Sure, the "Glee" season finale was relatively cliffhanger-free. William McKinley High's ragtag New Directions weren't able to outperform the soulless automatons of Vocal Adrenaline, but got a stay of execution anyway from Sue Sylvester, allowing them to stick around for another year. Hooray! But not all of the loose ends were tied up. We were left with several unanswered questions that we'd like to see resolved in season season two

Can Brittany, Other Asian (sorry, Mike Chang) and Matt Rutherford sing?
We know Santana (Naya Rivera) can belt out a tune (see: "Like a Virgin," "The Boy Is Mine," "Bad Romance"), but can the other three popular-kids-turned-gleeks? Heather Morris, Harry Shum Jr. and Dijon Talton are fantastic dancers, but as their roles on the show grow, we wonder if they'll get to perform anything but backup. Pretty much every single other character has gotten a solo (even Emma and Terri!), so it's about time we heard from those three — unless they're terrible.

Why haven't we met Rachel's dads?
Since Rachel finding her birth mother was such a big plotline in the second half of the season, it's surprising we never heard from the two men who actually raised the ultra-talented, ultra-driven girl. We're expecting to see them in season two and hoping the "Glee" gods cast actors who look exactly like the goofy guys in the photo booth strip we saw in the pilot episode.

Speaking of families, will Quinn forgive her mother and move back in? And what's up with Finn's living situation?
Quinn went into labor before she was able to resolve her issues with her mother. After being so horribly treated after her parents found out she was pregnant, it will probably take some time for her to forgive them. As for Finn, after Burt Hummel kicked him out for using a gay slur, it wasn't really specified where he went to live. We're going to assume he just moved back into his old house, but wouldn't he have had to explain things to his mother? Did Burt forgive him after he dressed in drag to protect Kurt?

Why doesn't the piano accompanist ever smile?
Seriously, that dude's heart must be made of coal to not at least get a little warm and fuzzy listening to New Directions beat the odds and inspire people all the time. Plus, the energetic "Glee"-ification of every song is contagious. Everything's possible! Yeah! See, we're writing with extra exclamation points just thinking about it! Can't piano dude crack a smile just once?

How can Cory Monteith play the drums so well but not have any rhythm when he dances?
This is one question we fear may never be answered. Cory is so confident on the skins, but watching him flail around when he tries to dance sometimes makes us feel uncomfortable, like watching bad "American Idol" auditions. Amusing, but cringe-inducing. (We kid. He's really not that bad, but it is baffling.)

What other questions would you like to see answered in the second season of "Glee"?

scratch
Penny
Penny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3