The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Idol

+3
ISLANDGIRL5
jero
jojo
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

American Idol - Page 3 Empty Re: American Idol

Post  ISLANDGIRL5 2008-04-30, 07:17

Paula...she's not all there sometimes. er, uh, most of the time. lol. Sometimes, she's the most entertaining part of the night.

I absolutely loved the two Davids. Archie's Sweet Caroline was good, but, of course....David Cook's All I Really Need Is You was my favorite of the night.
ISLANDGIRL5
ISLANDGIRL5

American Idol - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100American Idol - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ancient Roswellian 2008-04-30, 18:19

I'm hoping Brooke goes... And it's too bad we can't vote the judges off...no, I'm not talking about Paula..It's yo yo check it out my man...Good grief Randy...even the rappers don' t say it over...and over...and over.....stop already!!!! bonked on the head

Now..in Paula's defense there have been rumors of her taking pain pills for some injuries she's suffered as a dancer. And I can understand that but...don't be on a nation wide audience tv show when you are on medication. She certainly made a mess of things last night and if you watch Simon..it's almost like he's in itching powder trying to help her or stop her. He puts his arm around her a lot of the time as if to say I'll protect you just stop talking and I'll take over. I don't know who's more iritating...the judges or the audience...thos groupies...gotta go. Rolling Eyes

Am I the only one that thinks that Syesha has made huge steps forward. No, she's not in the league with the Davids but she's tons better than when she started. Good for her for listening and following instructions.
Ancient Roswellian
Ancient Roswellian
Flutterby
Flutterby

American Idol - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100American Idol - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-05-01, 08:24

Well, you got your wish AR, and many other's wish as well. I was disappointed Brooke couldn't keep it together to sing her last song and at least hug the group of remaining constestants. She kind of turned around at the end of the song and walked away...possibly telling the others to stay away, because none of them went up to her to comfort her.....only Ryan......the rest kind of stood there like they didn't know what to do......

I totally agree with you AR that Syesha has improved greatly!!! Even though she won't win, you WILL see her on broadway or in a musical movie someday........
jojo
jojo

Registration date : 2007-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2008-05-01, 10:42

I've jumped in here at the end and have started watching this. All so talented at this point. My favorite is the older David...but I like them all. Great thing about this show is that you don't have to "win" to have it be an extremely important step up in your career. Hope to be seeing all of them in the future.
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  ISLANDGIRL5 2008-05-01, 11:00

I think that Syesha will go next, although, I'd like to see jason Castro go first. I don't believe at all, that either David is in jeopardy of losing their spot in the Final 2, though.

Jason Castro was okay, for like, his first 2 songs, but after that, he kind of just sounds the same in everything he sings. He's kind of annoying.
ISLANDGIRL5
ISLANDGIRL5

Back to top Go down

Post  Ancient Roswellian 2008-05-01, 18:15

jojo wrote:Well, you got your wish AR, and many other's wish as well. I was disappointed Brooke couldn't keep it together to sing her last song and at least hug the group of remaining constestants. She kind of turned around at the end of the song and walked away...possibly telling the others to stay away, because none of them went up to her to comfort her.....only Ryan......the rest kind of stood there like they didn't know what to do......

I totally agree with you AR that Syesha has improved greatly!!! Even though she won't win, you WILL see her on broadway or in a musical movie someday........

OK..so before I'm through you guys might think I'm hard hearted so I'm just gonna tell you up front...when I saw Brooke crying...I started crying too. I did feel for her but....she has no control over her emotions, didn't take to heart what the judges said to her and its a gut feeling. but I don't think that she practiced enough in any given week. It's a shame....she has potential but she's very manipulative and just did what she wanted not what she should have done. I don't think crying thru the her last song was a good idea at all. They should have stopped the tape and allowed her to compose herself or not sing at all. And that turning her back on everyone...to much drama..... I don't think she's helped her future at all.
Ancient Roswellian
Ancient Roswellian
Flutterby
Flutterby

Back to top Go down

Post  ISLANDGIRL5 2008-05-07, 08:13

David Cook. cheers

Archie. bow

Syesha. :)

Jason Castro. Embarassed

My reviews, smilie style.

Although....I did wonder how Rascall Flatts could be at American Idol at 8, then perform on Dancing with the Stars at 9....and both are live. I concluded the studios must be near each other.
ISLANDGIRL5
ISLANDGIRL5

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-05-07, 11:46

Island Girl, I'll agree with your smilie review, although I must say that I was slightly disappointed with David Cook's first song....and even though his second was better, it was not as good as prior weeks.....did he peak early??? Or was something else bothering him we don't know about....his sick brother???? He doesn't tell the media much.

David A. and Syesha were definitely in the zone last night.

Jason, was high as usual on something.....and he just gives us the impression he doesn't really care.....he needs to leave tonight. I have enjoyed some of his performances, but his time has come.

I voted several times last night for David, David, and Syesha, and gave no votes to Jason. We will see.

Did I miss Rascal Flats on American Idol???? I saw them on Dancing last night, but not Idol......mmmmm
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  ISLANDGIRL5 2008-05-07, 14:36

Ryan gave a quick shout out to his 'boys Rascal Flatts'. They were sitting in the audience, waved at the camera, and that was it. quick plug, I suppose.

I David Cook's second song. The first one was okay....but I think the second one rocked. He did seem very...still, for lack of a better word. I do wish he'd move around a bit more when he sings....get a little dance action or something. Wink
ISLANDGIRL5
ISLANDGIRL5

Back to top Go down

Post  Ancient Roswellian 2008-05-07, 23:11

I haven't been a fan of Jason Castro's since the beginning but I learned some things today that made me realize why he lasted so long. He's only been singing for a year...and as he said tonight...his inexperience caught up with him. I think he suddenly realized that he wasn't ready for Idol but was already in the middle of it. I thing the "high on something" is an act...why? He 's an Aggie...and I know that has different meanings for everyone...some would be snickering at this point....if you've never been to Revelry or Midnight call... Sad You just don't have any idea of the close knit family that is. There an Aggie network...to find jobs, housing, loans you name it for any Aggie in need...and that network has been going 24/7 for Jason. But, it didn't work tonight and I think that's best. I'd like to see Jason a year from now...sans the dreadlocks...and the very poor Bob Marley act....I'd like to see him just be Jason...that would sell...and he'd be good.

Now...the two Davids....I will buy any CD either of them makes...ever...even if I'm in the nursing home...Wink And it will be interesting to see what happens between these two.

Syesha is the big suprise....and although I don't think she'll win....I wouldn't be disappointed if she did....She's come the fartherest of any of them...She really is living the dream...she's already won...and I think she knows it. So, no matter what happens...she'll be on her way.

David A. has just "too much voice" for a 17 year old...I really need for him to grow up some...but...his rendition of Love Me Tender.... :dead: That boy has got some future!

David C. worries me...too much pressure for him.. It kinda looked to me like he's just going thru the motions. I'd love to see him win....but he may not.

I've never watched Idol all the way thru until now...and yes I'm hooked...but I doubt that I'll watch it all the way thru the next time.
Ancient Roswellian
Ancient Roswellian
Flutterby
Flutterby

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-05-08, 07:44

"but I doubt that I'll watch it all the way thru the next time."

Aw, you say that now AR, but watch out....it grabs you and takes hold of you......

What I always find amazing is that you really do start to care about this people you watch each week.....in the beginning you think they are just a bunch of strangers but week after week, you learn a little more about each one.....and look forward to seeing them each week.

I agree with AR 100%, I think Syesha will probably go next, and that it will be a really close vote between the two David's in the finale. I wish David A. would stop being so shy and surprised at his success!!!! But he will probably win on cuteness votes alone by all the screaming young girls......

It was fun to see Bo Bice again, even if I didn't care for the song he sang....

The Ford commercial was really queer last night.....who is thinking up these things and why can't they come up with something better.......??
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  ISLANDGIRL5 2008-05-08, 12:12

I agree with the Ford commercial being odd.

I agree that Syesha will go next.

I do believe that Archie has this one in the big, with David Cook a small step behind.
ISLANDGIRL5
ISLANDGIRL5

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-05-12, 07:28

Well, I hear in the news today that Archie's dad has been banned from the back stage area and rehearsing areas of Idol. He is still able to sit in the audience.

The story is, the song "Stand by Me" that David sang last week, had one line inserted from another song that Idol producers had to pay royalties and fines on, because they didn't get permission to use it....seems it was David's dad that insisted he sing it, even though Idol producers said no.

David is obviously scared of his father, which is probably why he is so humble and shy....poor kid has not been able to be himself at all....
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2008-05-12, 11:06

I don't think "children" ought to be eligible for this show. Lots of drama with the parents could/should be avoided that way.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-05-12, 14:06

I agree, Berry, 16 and 17 is too young to be on this show.....they need to at least finish high school before getting thrown to the lions....I mean Simon.....
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ancient Roswellian 2008-05-12, 23:09

Well..I'll take the tomatoes you are fixing to throw at me. I think David A. should definitely be there. 17 is young and the Idol people should have had forms in place before hand explaining that if permission is not given then do the song as it's meant to be. Furthermore you'll think I've gone to the dark side and maybe I have. They should at least make David A.'s dad pay at least some of that royalty. I'm sure he's a doting parent and Berry you could be right that David fears him but if that's the case then the Idol people should have stepped in beforehand in that area as well. The blame falls with them...their in the business and didn't just start last week so...no excuses.

David A. has way too much voice for a 17 year old. And he's way imature to be on stage right now. So what do you do? That voice needs to be heard but he needs the right coach...and I'm guessing dad won't let that happen soon.

I'm really bothered by what I'm hearing and reading about the Idol company for lack of better wording. Things such as refusing to bring David Cooks very sick brother in for the finale..maybe he's too sick but if the family is asking and it's clear it's on David's mind and he can't perform his best then something needs to be done. They could at least set up a video confrence if nothing else. Also I'm hearing that the "Idol Gives Back" is not necessarily "giving" their all...so to speak. So that's become a turn off at least for me.

No, Jojo I won't watch it any more unless you guys talk up someone really upstanding and great. I'll be curious to see what becomes of Sayesha and the two Davids and will watch what happens to all three...but no, I'm not interested in this show even if I've changed my opinion about Simon. I used to think he was all vinegar...some of it at least is an act. I think he's the only one that gives decent criticism. Even though at times it's too harsh. Those that have listened and taken his advise stick around much longer. So between Randy's "Yo,yo...and Paula's lack of thought process...(although she seems better lately) Simon is the only real judge...imho...

There just needs to be....more finesse....
Ancient Roswellian
Ancient Roswellian
Flutterby
Flutterby

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-05-13, 08:58

Well for me, I watch for pure entertainment....it's fun for me....I don't take it all that seriously....what ever happens, happens, and take Chris Daughtry, if you are good, you will do well no matter how you place in the top five......

Las Vegas odds currently have Syesha with 12 to 1 odds
David Cook is like 6 to 1 odds, and David A. is even 1 to 1 odds.
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ancient Roswellian 2008-05-14, 21:08

Syesha took it all in so well...she's a class act and I want to watch her. Some of the biggest winners...were once losers.

I'm not surprised the two Davids are in the finals. They are both fantastic...in different ways. Not much else to say except that did anyone else notice how much better David A. is with dad out of the way? It will be really tough next week.
Ancient Roswellian
Ancient Roswellian
Flutterby
Flutterby

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-05-15, 07:51

It was really fun to watch all of their trips back home....they all cried at one point. Very emotional for them to see the support of their home towns. I am proud of all three of them. They will all do well in life, I'm sure.

Next week will be a great finale. Go David!!!!!! (hehe)
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2008-05-15, 09:13

Maybe they should just team up and become a group act called "The Two Dave's". :D
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Ancient Roswellian 2008-05-16, 19:29

Well, I'd be very happy with a tie. That's never happened has it?
Ancient Roswellian
Ancient Roswellian
Flutterby
Flutterby

Back to top Go down

Post  Ancient Roswellian 2008-05-20, 23:18

Too close for me to call...have thoughts about the performances...I'm wondering what you all think. pace
Ancient Roswellian
Ancient Roswellian
Flutterby
Flutterby

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2008-05-21, 00:19

Didn't see it. Was watching Dancing with the Stars and NCIS.

I hear Simon thought the young one was the clear winner. Still,it's the public that decides. I think they will both do well in the music industry over time.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  jojo 2008-05-21, 08:55

Well, AR, I thought that David Cook blew his chance big time. He was not the rockin exciting singer we have seen in the past...he was more subdued, almost somber like, and almost like he didn't care if he won......I was ready to give David Cook my votes until last night. David A. on the other hand....showed off his vocals quite well, whether you like the songs or not......I only got two votes through the phone lines last night, and they both went to David A.

I think it may be better for David Cook to get second. The winner is "tied" to American Idol for a year, and has to use their record labels. I'm not sure second place has the same commitment, and can go out and do their own thing. So second may be a blessing in disquise.
jojo
jojo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ancient Roswellian 2008-05-21, 21:14

cheers cheers cheers cheers

David Cook is a Texan. He was born in Houston. biggrin

But I did think that David A. was a shoe-in.

Really I would have been happy either way and look forward to what ever both of them do.

And no...I won't be watching this show in the future. There's a laundry list why...but I won't bore you. Wink
Ancient Roswellian
Ancient Roswellian
Flutterby
Flutterby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next