The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How I Met Your Mother

+2
Berry
Banjo
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How I Met Your Mother - Page 2 Empty Re: How I Met Your Mother

Post  Berry 2011-03-19, 09:40

Ah, yes, if you are getting at who are his personal favorites, I would agree that Amy Acker and Eliza Dushku are at the top of his list. I didn't watch Dollhouse so I don't know about those actresses.

Whedonesque had an interesting question for Joss fans:
Who would you hire to fix your computer - Kaylee, Willow, Fred or Topher?
Berry
Berry

How I Met Your Mother - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100How I Met Your Mother - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-03-19, 20:29

Dichen Lachman is probably, almost certainly, the only Nepalese actress working in the U.S. today, although she grew up in Australia. But she is so exotic looking that it might limit her roles because she wouldn't fit into any "girl next door" type of roles. Gina Torres was in the Firefly series and Serenity. I would definitely call on Kaylee to fix my computer.... :lol:
Banjo
Banjo

How I Met Your Mother - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100How I Met Your Mother - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-05-09, 13:01

Here's something funny and somewhat amazing....

This morning I decided to change my signature so I quoted Robin, from memory.....I thought it was funny. Then I wondered if I had quoted her correctly. So in Google I just entered "Robin Sherbatsky quotes". And on a site called TVFanatic, 236 ! of her quotes from the show pop up ! I had originally quoted her words in italics, and was correct but then decided to use the whole thing. I think that episode was where she went to the Hoser Hut, the Canadian bar in NYC, and got in a brawl. Cobie is the best comedic actress on TV. bow
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-05-14, 22:07

HIMYM has been renewed for 2 years ! clap Through the 2013 season. It's good that Cobie is guaranteed a job, although she probably made out pretty well with her Avengers role. I emailed the CBS station here and asked if they could do a news segment interviewing her while she's in town. It would be good publicity for their sched. lineup and make the fan boys happy. I haven't heard back from them. They probably don't have time to squeeze in an interview, in between all the crime and criminal stories......which is why I don't watch local TV news... Rolling Eyes
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-05-27, 15:28

Cobie Smulders
Born Jacoba Francisca Maria Smulders
April 3, 1982 (age 29)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Occupation Actress
Years active 2001–present
Partner Taran Killam (1 child)

Jacoba Francisca Maria "Cobie" Smulders[1] (born April 3, 1982) is a Canadian actress and former model, known for her current role as Robin Scherbatsky on the CBS television series How I Met Your Mother.

Smulders was born in Vancouver, British Columbia, to a Dutch father and a British mother. She was named after her Dutch great-aunt, Jacoba, for which she gained the nickname "Cobie".[2]

As a child Smulders wanted to be either a doctor or a marine biologist but started to gain an interest in acting in high school, appearing in several school productions. She finished high school in 2000 at Lord Byng Secondary School with high honors, being voted "Most Respected". Discovered by a modelling agency in her teens, she started to model internationally. In an interview with Venus Zine, Smulders said she “kind of hated” modelling and the experience made her hesitant about pursuing acting as a career initially: “You know you go into these rooms, and I’ve had the experience of people judging you physically for so long and I was over that. But then it was like, ‘Oh no, I have to actually perform. I have to do well, and I have to have a voice, and I have to have thoughts now.’” [3]
[edit] Acting roles

Her first role was as a guest in the Showtime sci-fi series Jeremiah, and she has guest starred in numerous television series since, including a recurring part in The L Word.

Her first permanent series role was in the short-lived ABC series Veritas: The Quest; her second was the series for which she is most well-known, the CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother, where she plays television reporter Robin Scherbatsky, also a Canadian. Joss Whedon has suggested that he considered her for the role of Wonder Woman in his draft of the (cancelled) eponymous film.[4] Smulders has been cast to play Maria Hill in the upcoming film The Avengers, based on the Marvel Comics superhero team of the same name.[5]

The north end of one of the runways at Albq. airport is shut down because they are building a set there for The Avengers. They will be shooting here for about 3 months. The runway isn't used for commercial flights and the small private planes that use it will still have room to take off and land.

She currently resides in Los Angeles, California.

Smulders has a daughter, Shaelyn Cado Killam, with partner Taran Killam. Shaelyn was born on May 16, 2009.[7]

Smulders is also an avid Vancouver Canucks fan.[8] In December 2010 she was on the cover of Maxim Magazine.
[edit] Filmography
Film Year↓ Title↓ Role↓ Notes
2001 Candy from Strangers Martina
2004 Walking Tall Beautiful Eye Candy in Car
2004 Ill Fated Mary
2005 The Long Weekend Ellen
2006 Escape Psychotic brunette
2006 Dr. Miracles Mrs. Peterson
2007 The Storm Awaits Anabella DeLorenzo
2009 The Slammin' Salmon Tara
2011 Grassroots Clair
2012 The Avengers Maria Hill Filming
Television Year↓ Title↓ Role↓ Notes
2002 Special Unit 2 Zoe Episode: "The Wish"
2002 Jeremiah Deborah Episode: "Thieves' Honor"
2003 Tru Calling Sarah Webb Episode: "Brother's Keeper"
2003–2004 Veritas: The Quest Juliet Droil 13 Episodes
2004 Smallville Shannon Bell Episode: "Bound"
2005 Andromeda Rhade's Wife, Unnamed Seefra refugee girl in bar Episode: "The Heart of the Journey: Part 1"
Episode: "The Heart of the Journey: Part 2"
2005 The L Word Leigh Ostin Episode: "Luminous"
Episode: "Loud & Proud"
Episode: "L'Chaim"
Episode: "Lacuna"
2005–present How I Met Your Mother Robin Scherbatsky Lead role, 136 episodes
2010 How to Make It in America Hayley
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-05-27, 15:36

See, it's good to have fans. The station probably wasn't even aware she was in town. Now they are and you may get to have that interview yet. two thumbs up
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-05-27, 16:13

I sent another email to the Chan. 13 reporter that was on Cobie's team at the charity softball game a few weeks ago. It's less likely to fall through the cracks....I hope.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-05-28, 13:49

I got a reply right back from the reporter that was in the game. She suggested that I contact the woman who hosts their morning, weekday show, talk and local events. She also played in the game. She said it would be a better fit for a Cobie interview. So I sent her an email, probably won't hear back until after Monday....
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2012-10-26, 16:06

Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-10-26, 16:34

That sounds pretty good. They haven't had any Buffy cast members on except Alyson's husband Alex Denisof who played 'Sandy Rivers' a newscaster on Robin/Cobie's station and annoyed her.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2012-12-17, 10:43

8th season fall finale tonight! two thumbs up
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-12-17, 17:12

Will DVR it, going to Jen's B'day dinner at TX Road House. woohoo
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2012-12-17, 23:05

Oh, be sure to pass on our birthday greetings to Jen, too. Hope she has a great day ...and dinner out! clap
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-12-18, 19:10

She had a good b'day dinner and got some prezzies.....

That's funny when Cobie/Robin can't speak too or about her coworker without screaming. roflmao I'm still not entirely down with the Robin/Barney thing. At least he's rich but how faithful in the long run ? scratch
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-01-16, 14:52

I was surprised to see Rachel Bilson appear again if only briefly. As to would people keep watching after Ted finds his wife, I don't see why not as long as the writing is good and of course as long as Cobie is part of the cast.... Cutie

http://www.starpulse.com/news/Kevin_Olsta/2013/01/15/band_or_dj?ref_src=topic_news_rss
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2013-01-17, 12:41

Banjo wrote:She had a good b'day dinner and got some prezzies.....

That's funny when Cobie/Robin can't speak too or about her coworker without screaming. roflmao I'm still not entirely down with the Robin/Barney thing. At least he's rich but how faithful in the long run ? scratch

Well, there is the whole Warren Beatty syndrome. He was quite the player in his day until he met the right woman at the right time. Now they have a houseful of children and from anything one hears a long-term happy marriage.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-01-17, 12:44

The Warren Beatty Syndrome ! Classic ! roflmao Let's hope that explains it.... scratch
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-01-30, 13:16

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-01-31, 14:49

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2013-01-31, 19:56

I never really clued into this show until we were watching it in Albuquerque. Then I wanted to see it all the time but Craig hates it. So, I'm going ask him to get it by netflix and by the time I'll catch up they will have the last season on DVD as well. I think it's probably time for it to end so I think they are making the right move.
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Registration date : 2007-03-17

https://blu5community.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2013-01-31, 21:00

I think so too. But I think there will be a lot of interest in who the Mother is, so it will probably go out on a high. sunny
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-02-01, 13:17

One thing I've always wondered; at the beginning of many of the shows they have Ted's kids 30 years in the future sitting on the couch while Ted does a voice-over concerning something about their mother. So I wonder, did/do they do all those brief appearances a bunch at a time or singly before each appearance ? I would assume the former because they always look the same and younger than the girl looks now, Lyndsy Fonseca, who has a starring role in Nikita ever since it started. I don't know what the boy has been doing..... scratch

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0960912/?ref_=tt_ov_st

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1273708/bio
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-02-04, 11:04

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2013-02-06, 14:54

That last episode was pure genius...Robin Daggers .... roflmao , after goody-two-shoes Robin Sparkles goes rogue and 'invents' Grunge. Cobie is a comedic genius, she can take any unlikely thing that the writers throw at her and make it funny. two thumbs up I was able to recognize about three of those "famous" Canadians ..... tongue

I'm pretty sure that the woman that Ted just met won't turn out to the "Mother". She doesn't fit the bill in viewer's minds, at least not mine... scratch

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next