The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr Who

+2
Berry
BoardMomma
6 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Dr Who Empty Dr Who

Post  BoardMomma 2010-12-27, 08:05

I can not tell you how long I avoided even thinking about watching this show. I have heard about it forever but thought no...too juvenile, and its British...I don't get their humour so I'd be wasting my time....Rolling Eyes

So flash forward (pardon the pun) to Children of the Earth. Craig and I both caught up hook, line and sinker. Touchwood becomes "must see" on our list and when we finish it all...such a void. But in that realization the connection of the Dr to everything was born so we watched a few of the beginning episodes...they were so old they were funny and then came forward to...I can't think of the actor's name but it was the one before David Tenant. I really liked it and think that Craig was smitten with Rose. Well...who wouldn't be. Was sad to see that Dr go then on to David Tenant. And that's where I just fell...David Tenant will always be the Dr for me. Two Hearts I do like Matt Smith and agree that the Dr needs to morph but it sure is tough..Wink
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Dr Who Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Dr Who Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-03-17

https://blu5community.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Dr Who Empty Re: Dr Who

Post  Berry 2010-12-27, 08:16

That was Christopher Eggleston before David. And I cried when he died and was just determined not to accept David. That lasted about 2 episodes before I knew that they had the right idea and a darn good casting staff!
I was really attached to David and felt Matt Smith was going to be too young and just pandering to the youth market. I now adore Matt Smith. Hope he stays forever and ever...but that is not the Dr. Who way. :couchtater:
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2010-12-27, 14:00

Yay! A BBCA board! clap

I didn't start watching until the re-boot of the series either. I kept seeing listings for it on PBS but never wanted to bother. Now, I have a Tardis cookie jar. roflmao
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Registration date : 2007-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-12-27, 15:44

A sonic screwdriver....it's on my list. two thumbs up
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-12-27, 16:22

I will confess that back when John Pertwee was playing the Dr., we watched it faithfully, but then didn't watch for years, but tried it again within the last few years and just couldn't get into it. Is there a brand new Dr. ? Maybe I'll give it a try again, but I'll admit that how pretty his female sidekicks are has a lot to do with how enthusiastic I might be... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] They have a tendency to not measure up to my standards....sorry... tongue

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Standing 5'11, Gillan is the tallest actress to be cast in the companion
role, and when not acting, she has taken advantage of her height to
take on occasional modeling roles, including 2007 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for designer Allegra Hicks' autumn/winter catwalk show.

Hmmm...she might measure up. I'll have to see her on-screen and see how she moves and looks from neck down.... :lol:

Of course the fact that I couldn't get BBC until a few weeks ago with my new channel package may have had something to do with it....but still....

Gillan is not the only member of her family appearing on Doctor Who as her nine-year-old cousin, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], portrayed Amy Pond as a child in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Gillan and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] had never met before Doctor Who; it was during their auditions that they discovered they were cousins.
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-12-27, 16:54

Gillian is fabulous as the Dr's companion. :flower:
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2010-12-27, 20:45

Found out from Dragon *Michelle Drake* on Facebook that two episodes have been filmed in Utah. The rest back in Cardiff. Here's the link for the info and a teaser for the 2011 season.

BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-12-27, 23:36

it seems that Karen Gillan is/was a regular on the Kevin Bishop show which if it was ever shown here would be confined to HBO or Showtime... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

She's a good comedic actress. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-12-28, 02:16

Dr. Who nesting dolls

Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog 2010-12-28, 12:54

Banjo Karen is cute and does a good job in the part. I think I liked the one playing Rose a few years ago. Then they had two that didn't do much for me. This last season was good. I never really watched the old broadcasts of the Doctor but picked it up they started the modern version four or five years ago.

The Christmas special last weekend was good and I think it reruns on January first.
Groundhog
Groundhog
Cocoon Stage
Cocoon Stage

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2010-12-28, 14:30

If I heard right the whole season will run on Si Fi starting at 1a.m on Jan. 1. I'll go check on that...
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog 2010-12-28, 16:12

For what it's worth, the proper name is Doctor Who, without the abbreviation. Some of the fans are quick to tell us when we write it incorrectly. I learned that last year when I wrote it wrong on another forum. :lol:
Groundhog
Groundhog
Cocoon Stage
Cocoon Stage

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-12-28, 22:13

Oh,yeah? I got a little somethin' somethin' for the Doctor Who police..... bonked on the head

and then bolt
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-12-28, 22:31

I'll check out the New Years marathon, but not starting at 1 am.... Rolling Eyes
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2010-12-28, 22:41

The show replays constantly...between Syfi and BBCA and PBS...it's so easy to catch up...not to mention fancast over at Comcast.

The only companion I was *meh* about was Martha..Rose is still my favorite..probably because she's the first but I loved Donna and I'm getting there with Amy...how can you not like her...unless you're suffering from an extreme case hair envy...*don't look at me like that.....lol*

sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2010-12-28, 22:45

I just wish they would lose Rory. Give him a glorious death and make it stick. I can understand why they wrote the character but I can't warm up to the actor. I felt the same about Rose's boytoy.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2010-12-28, 22:58

Hair envy? You are killin me Yeah, true. She does have the hair. I liked Rose best of all. But cried buckets over how things ended with her and The Doctor. Wink Martha was a nice change..all independant. Donna was really an adjustment for me...didn't like her at all but eventually she grew on me and again sad that she doesn't get to remember but The Doctor made sure her life was good. Sigh...

Good to know all the places that are repeating episodes...I would very much like to see some of the episodes Ive seen over again. wub

I agree Berry, Rory is like a sore thumb...but maybe we will get used to him at some point. Will be interesting to see...That's what I like about Doctor Who...Wink (Groundhog) LOL! Even if you don't like something or some character they change things so you "Oh....OK."
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2010-12-29, 02:37

I can't wait for Amy to meet Captain Jack...that's always fun and it's gotta happen...even Sarah Jane met him...also loved her. wub

Bucket of tears, check. Bad Wolf Bay....*sob*

The convo between The Doctor and Donna's Dad...more buckets...

I wonder how they plan on bringing the pain next time...lots of wondering going on here, a small diversion from the hair envying and the pouring rain outside.

Can we have the snow here year round? I never get snow in the real world..and no, I won't move to the lands that have snow...lol

sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2010-12-31, 22:39

So I am watching the Doctor Who marathon. Until I fall asleep.Wink
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-01-01, 00:18

Poor Jake, he wanted to spend a rousing new year's eve with the parental units. I laid down for a nap at 5pm....woke up at 11:30pm. Just in time to see the Dick Clark watch-the-ball-drop show. We did the glass of wine, kiss kiss thing and now Jake is passed out asleep.

Another wild New Year's Eve at Casa Berries. tongue
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  BoardMomma 2011-01-01, 00:40

Same here. Champagne at 8:30. Craig in bed by 10:00. I just witnessed once again the "death of David Tenant as the Doctor and the beginning of Matt Smith. Lots of sobbing again. But BBCA in their wisdom put another Doctor Who with David Tenant right after it so I'm all happy again. It's close to 1 a.m. here...so I'll be asleep soon. Wink
BoardMomma
BoardMomma
On Gossamer Wings
On Gossamer Wings

Back to top Go down

Post  Ancient Roswellian 2011-01-02, 22:53

Oy! Somebody pass the box of kleenex. Cry Cry Cry

Somehow Netflix had a problem with the episodes that told the story about Torchwood, the War and just exactly how Rose landed in that alternate time line never to be with the doctor again. We had to skip over that and when the next episodes came in they back tracked and I got the jist of what happened but I actually got to see the episode this evening. Cry Cry Cry Those two...just rip me apart....maybe even more so than Max and Liz or Michael and Maria. Can't help it. No
Ancient Roswellian
Ancient Roswellian
Flutterby
Flutterby

Registration date : 2007-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  sandisea 2011-01-03, 03:01

It's okay, let it out.... No
I've seen it probably around a dozen times...and cry every time...not watching it anymore.

I'd like to say that sob fests are a rarity in Doctor Who...like to..but..prepare yourself. but why
sandisea
sandisea
Transformation
Transformation

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-01-03, 06:39

Isn't it a sweet joy though to find a show that can pull you into it's world and make you CARE like that? Like going to the beach and finding a diamond among the grains of sand. sunny
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Ancient Roswellian 2011-01-03, 21:54

sandisea wrote:It's okay, let it out.... No
I've seen it probably around a dozen times...and cry every time...not watching it anymore.

I'd like to say that sob fests are a rarity in Doctor Who...like to..but..prepare yourself. but why

Yeah, I know. I'm current now up to and including the Christmas show. So, I haven't seen any of the shows more than once but I'm betting before the year is out I buy some of the seasons at least. I'm really wondering where The Doctor and Amy are going. Will he fall in love with her knowing what he knows from his predecessor? Perhaps not, since he's removed from all the guilt and human yearning and anguish. Tenant's Doctor loved the human race and couldn't get enough. Matt's Doctor is more calm more "Budda in a box" Sorry about the pun but he is more centered at least for now. Things probably will change.

Berry wrote:Isn't it a sweet joy though to find a show that can pull you into it's world and make you CARE like that? Like going to the beach and finding a diamond among the grains of sand.

Love your analagy. And yes, it is sweet joy even though always...always..even in the best of joy...you secretly know the freefall is coming...and you may brace for it...but you can't stop it. So tell me now....what's the lesson learned? Wink

Ah...if I keep this up I'll be writing tragic romance in nothing flat. Rolling Eyes Wink

It's just so nice to talk with friends who do understand. Hugs
Ancient Roswellian
Ancient Roswellian
Flutterby
Flutterby

Registration date : 2007-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down