The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Girl

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The New Girl - Page 2 Empty Re: The New Girl

Post  Banjo 2012-01-01, 11:37

2 min. video of her singing with Levitt. He is not her sideman in her "She and Him" duo. That guy is right handed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Banjo
Banjo

The New Girl - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The New Girl - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2012-01-01, 15:04

No, but they made a movie together called "500Days of Summer" which was a kooky romance (I liked it) . So, they are really friends which I think comes thru in the video.
Berry
Berry

The New Girl - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The New Girl - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2012-01-03, 18:08

They sound good together! two thumbs up

Here is a clip of "she & him" singing Fools Rush In ...

Penny
Penny

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-01-05, 10:14

I've always wondered why women in the entertainment industry in whatever capacity and successful in their own right are often attracted to these weird rock and roll types ? Why not doctors or entreprenuers or someone that has demonstrated a degree of normalcy ?.....and then he tries to get alimony ? Geez , what a prince. Rolling Eyes

Zooey Deschanel Files for Divorce From Ben Gibbard

She and Him is still happening, but the days of His and Hers are over.

Zooey Deschanel has filed for divorce from Death Cab for Cutie frontman Ben Gibbard after a little more than 730 days of marriage—and two months of separation , E! News has confirmed.

WATCH: Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt harmonize beautifully

The New Girl star cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split and asked that the court terminate Gibbard's right to spousal support, according to the petition filed Dec. 27 in L.A. Superior court.

Deschanel stated in the paperwork that she earns $95,000 a month from her various gigs as an actor, singer and songwriter.

Meanwhile, fans of the seemingly cute-as-a-button couple were probably pretty blindsided in November by news of them parting ways.

In what seemed to be an indie match made in heaven, Deschanel and Gibbard tied the knot in September 2009, the first trip down the aisle for both.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-02-10, 15:20

Remember, tomorrow is when Zooey hosts SNL... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2012-02-12, 18:51

I DVR'd it but haven't watched it yet!
Penny
Penny

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-02-13, 17:57

Don't rush to watch it......they gave her lame skits. she had one good song at the opening.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2012-03-10, 06:59

Funny episode this week when one of the guys gets hurt. Without insurance, the only doctor he can see is Jess' friend, the gynecologist. Less funny when she spots something that need to be looked into. The gang rallies around and that is sweetly touching.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-03-10, 10:47

This is getting better. The supporting cast is getting better scripts for one thing and the "cutesiness" is being held down more...

They don't need to morph into the rapid fire joke lines/insider American popular culture references like they do on Happy Endings, NG has it's own vibe.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2012-03-10, 14:41

Too bad that Zooey wants her sister Emily to guest star on her show, and vice versa...but their schedules make that impossible. Well, fingers crossed...maybe someday.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-04-19, 13:02

Have you seen Zooey's new commercial for Verizon ? She's in her pajamas with no slippers and can't go outside because it's raining and she's asking her iPad some questions, but the most interesting thing is that in the last scene she goes into another room and there next to her piano is a Pete Seeger 25 fret banjo, popularized by him in the 50's-60's when he asked Vega, then still in business, to make a banjo with a longer neck with 3 more frets which enabled him to sing in lower keys. Deering still makes it:

Here's his original in action:

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-04-27, 15:03

Every once in awhile something/someone hits my funnybone in a show. Such was the case in the last episode where "Nadia" appeared playing a girfriend to one of the housemates. She was a "Russian model" and looked and sounded the part but I think she's British, there's very little bio info on her. There's something about her that is hilarious and she has that quirky vibe that reminds me of several other TV actresses, Aubry Plaza on Parks and Rec. and Eliza Coupe on Happy Endings in that they play a subdued weird, quirkiness, especially Aubrey, and of course Mary Lynn Rasjkub. Eliza has to be more overtly comedic in her role but in her talk show interviews she is quirky.

But I guess Rebecca is only going to be in two episodes....too bad.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2012-04-27, 15:20

Rebecca Reid...She only has 4 credits on imdb including the New Girl appearance. Most interesting one was an "uncredited" prostitute in Eastern Promises with Viggo Mortensen.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-05-05, 14:31

Zooey was on Craig Ferguson last night. She's on periodically and he usually doesn't engage in sexual innuendos with her. It probably wouldn't sit well with his fans even though they are a wild and weird bunch compared to Leno's or Letterman's. He has a "Lesbian Row" right in front and always shows the women sitting there, much to their delight. Anyway, last night he showed a clip from the season finale of New Girl. Jess and one of her roommates were out in the woods at night for some reason and her roommate was terrified of the Coyote that was "threatening " them. But Jess knew what to do and made Roadrunner noises because that's the "natural enemy" of the Coyote... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2012-05-05, 14:52

Yes, it would be terrible if all the time we spent watching Saturday morning cartoons taught us nothing! sunny
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2012-05-09, 20:21

So I got to see the finale. It was good. Made me laugh a lot. And I love that it resolved itself and I don't have to wait til a new season to see how it played out. clap

Although head slaps for Schmidt. tongue
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-05-10, 12:32

I was trying to figure out where they were filming those scenes with the freeway traffic in the background. I think it was I-15 in the Cajon Pass, and was at the east end of the area of the rock formations of which Vasquez Rocks is part of, further west.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2012-05-10, 14:14

I spotted that they were somewhere around the vasquez rock area. two thumbs up
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2012-05-11, 01:51

Deschanel to star in B'way-aimed 'Daughter'
Thesp to play Loretta Lynn in legit adaptation
By Gordon Cox

Zooey Deschanel will play Loretta Lynn in a Broadway-aimed legit adaptation of "Coal Miner's Daughter."

Fox Theatricals ("Bring It On") and Scott Sanders Prods. ("Evita") will produce the tuner, with a creative team still to be locked in.

Deschanel will play Lynn in the musical that, like the 1980 film that starred Sissy Spacek, recounts the singer's trajectory from Kentucky poverty to country music star.

Casting was announced from the stage of Nashville's Grand Ole Opry, with both Lynn and Deschanel present. The event recalled the 1979 perf at which Lynn brought Spacek up onstage to announce that Spacek would portray her in the pic.

The musical's production timeline hasn't yet been set. Final sked is not expected to conflict with Deschanel's involvement in "The New Girl," the FOX skein in which she stars.

Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-06-07, 16:35

‘New Girl’ Star to Fans: Enough With the Man Hugs

by Associated Press | June 7, 2012 at 12:16 PM | New Girl

'New Girl's' Jake Johnson (Photo: Fox)

By ALICIA RANCILIO

NEW YORK (AP) — Jake Johnson says the strangest thing about fame so far isn’t seeing himself on TV in Fox’s “New Girl,” or getting recognized in the street. It’s the number of men his own age who will ask for a photo with him alone.

“It confuses me a little,” he said in a recent interview. “We’ll have our arms around each other and I’ll think, ‘Our ears are touching.’ It’s not offensive. It just doesn’t need to happen. My brother is my best friend in the world and in our lives we’ve hugged 15 times. With fame, you can’t be that guy who says no. So, the surprising thing of fame is the amount of man arms that have been around my shoulders for photo opportunities.”

With anecdotes like that and exposure as Nick Miller, the unmotivated and surly roommate of Zooey Deschanel‘s Jess, Johnson might have to live with more man hugs. The 33-year-old actor also has an independent film out Friday called “Safety Not Guaranteed” with Aubrey Plaza of “Parks and Recreation.”

Full Episodes of “New Girl” Are Available Here on xfinityTV.com:

The film is based on the true story of a guy who posted a classified ad looking for love that also said he could time travel. Johnson plays a magazine writer who decides to write a story about the man who posted it. (this comes from a weekly bit on Leno where he reads crazy newspaper personals. Aubrey Plaza was on earlier this week plugging the movie. It is made to order for her quirkyness.)

He also has a film in development that he pitched with a writing partner which Steve Carell has attached himself to. If all goes as planned, Carell and Johnson could play brothers in the movie.

Johnson says he started out wanting to be a playwright like Sam Shepard or David Mamet. He recalled one of his first attempts at writing that taught him a big lesson about taking ownership of his work. He wrote “a very serious little one act play about drugs and children” that a theater picked up to produce as part of a series.

“The director said, ‘We don’t need you around. Just come the night of the show and enjoy your work’ and I thought like, ‘Sounds perfect. If I don’t have to work, my man, I’m not gonna.’ So, my girlfriend and I, you know, showed up and the show starts and I’m like, ‘Oh, what a drag.’ So I turn to my girlfriend and I go like, ‘This one sucks’ and she looks at me like, ‘You’re an idiot’ and I realized it was mine. I went home, cried my eyes out and was devastated.”

He jokes about pitching ideas on “New Girl” to the show’s creator and executive producer, Liz Meriwether: “She’ll go, ‘What, Jake? I’m so tired.’ And I’ll go, ‘This is how it has to be.’ And she’ll go, ‘No, just say the lines.’”
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-08-08, 22:39

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2012-08-09, 06:11

Oh, how quickly they forget! She was married to Ben Gibbard, not Gibbon...or Gibbons. tongue
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-09-10, 23:54

‘New Girl’ Zooey Deschanel Is on the Up and Up, Her Character Not So Much

by Tracy Phillips | September 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM | Fall TV Preview 2012, Interview, New Girl

'New Girl' Zooey Deschanel (Photo: Fox)

Zooey Deschanel is more than an “It” girl. While the “adorkable” tagline still follows her around, the singer-actress has gone from a beloved indie darling to something of a mini-mogul.

She’s the star and producer of her own series, Fox’s hit “New Girl.”

She makes beautiful music with her bandmate Matthew Ward, as ‘She & Him’ produce their fourth album.

She co-founded a successful blog called hellogiggles.com.

She fearlessly posed in People magazine’s “Most Beautiful” issue this year without a speck of make-up.

She’s up for Best Actress at the Primetime Emmy Awards in September.

She earned kudos for hosting “SNL” in February and even has her own hilarious spoof, “Bein’ Quirky with Zooey Deschanel.”

She’ll soon be playing country legend Loretta Lynn on Broadway.

More than 3 million people follow Zooey’s zany musings on Twitter, which include gems like
“Loungewear: NO.” and “When will someone open a sunglasses store called fifty shades of shades?”

Click here to use xfinity.com/tv to DVR “New Girl”

She is pretty much everywhere, even in iPhone and Pantene commercials, and xfinityTV bumped into Deschanel, quite literally, at a Fox party this summer where we grabbed some one-on-one time with the shyly sweet star, who admitted even she is bowled over by her blissful bounty: “It was a pretty crazy year, I can’t even hope for that again. Too much excitement,” Deschanel said with her crystal blue eyes wide in wonder.

Some of the hubbub stems from her surprise Emmy nomination for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series.

“I’m very excited and definitely surprised,” Deschanel, 32, said of the unexpected accolade — her first-ever Emmy nod. She’s still picking out what she’ll wear to TV’s annual ball, but you can bet it will be a dash of hipster chic with equal parts ethereal glam.

Here are five other things we learned from our chat with Zooey Deschanel:

Where Season 2 of “New Girl” Picks Up: “Well, Jess is going to get fired and that’s just going to throw her into a lot of chaos,” Deschanel said. “It’s a different kind of chaos since she’s at least had job security to this point.”

That will lead to some missteps and some soul-searching (ie, opportunity for hilarity) from Jess as she tries to figure out what to do next. Aiding – or hampering – her new course will be her parents, who debut on the show this season. Another exciting arrival: Jess will also be getting a new “bed buddy” in Season 2.

Tell Us About Jess’s New Love Interest: “David Walton is playing my love interest, but I’m not sure how it will all pan out. He was on ‘Bent’ last year, and he’s a bad boy. That’s what they say.”

And how will Jess handle a bad boy? “Um, gracefully? That’s sarcasm.”

What Did You Do on Your Summer Vacation? “I just rested, really. Sorry. Actually, I didn’t. Well, I did do some resting. But I’ve been making my fourth record.”

What Are You Watching? “I work so much, it’s hard for me to keep up with a lot of shows… I like a lot of Bravo shows, I watch a lot of other comedies. I love ‘The Real Housewives.’ And it’s a comedy.”

Can you clarify the rules of True American? [a drinking game played on the show]:
“No, we made up those rules on set. Nobody asked us, so nobody knows the rules. I’ve gotten Tweets from people, like I’ve injured myself doing True American. And I’m like, no you didn’t, you weren’t playing it if you don’t know the rules.”

At the party where I met Deschanel, there were coasters on the tables which kinda sorta but not really explained “True American,” an intoxicating drinking game with rules as clear as a tall glass of Guinness.

Just for kicks, here are the “rules” — according to the coaster — to play “New Girl’s” True American game. Cheers!

You will need:

24 pack of beer – They are the Pawns, soldiers of the Secret Circle
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels – This is the King of the Castle
Create 4 zones connected by a trail of chairs and sofa cushion as the floor is now molten lava!

“Star the game with a shotgun tip-off! And shout the following: “Abe Lincoln, George Washington – Cherry tree!” “1, 2, 3, 4 JFK-FDR”

“Good luck! Remember everything you hear in True American is a lie – knock on wood.”

Season 2 of “New Girl” premieres with a two-episode special on Tuesday, Sept. 25 on Fox. The Emmys, hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, air Sunday, Sept. 23 on ABC.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2012-09-11, 15:52

She fearlessly posed in People magazine’s “Most Beautiful” issue this year without a speck of make-up.

roflmao

She's what? 26??

Now when I go to the beach in a bathing suit....THAT'S fearless! biggrin
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2012-09-11, 18:10

"Deschanel, 32"..............
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next