The Blu5 Community
The Blu5 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bones

+7
Penny
Ancient Roswellian
jero
Berry
jojo
Covina Guy
LarryP
11 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bones - Page 3 Empty Re: Bones

Post  LarryP 2010-10-09, 08:32

Yeah, I think Hannah is a definite short-term love interest. Too bad, Katheryn Winnick is "easy on the eyes." pirat
A short bio ... Born and raised in Etobicoke, Canada, Katheryn Winnick trained extensively in the martial arts growing up. She holds a third-degree Black Belt in tae kwan do, a second-degree Black Belt in karate and is a licensed bodyguard.

Loved the way last week's epi ended with Bones leaving his apartment so that Hannah & Seeley can ahve "alone" time. One definitely gets the impression that Seeley would rather have Hannah leaving and Bones staying!
LarryP
LarryP
Transformation
Transformation

Bones - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Bones - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2010-10-10, 05:39

I agree that she isn't going to be a long-term girlfriend, Larry!
Penny
Penny

Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2010-10-10, 13:09

Why I watch....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

categorizedby typeby yearby ratingsby votesby TV seriesawardstitles for saleby genreby keywordcredited withtv schedulebiographyother workspublicitycontactphoto galleryNewsDeskmessage boardmiscellaneousphotographs[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Biography for
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ยป

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Date of Birth

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Birth Name

Emily Erin Deschanel

Height

5' 9" (1.75 m)

Spouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2010 - present)
Trivia

Daughter of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Older sister of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].Graduated from Boston University's Professional Actor's Training Program with a B.F.A. in TheaterIs good friends with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]; both are supporters of PETA and the Humane Society.Lives in both Los Angeles and New YorkInterview magazine named her one of "6 Actors to Watch" in their annual "Young Hollywood" issue [October 2004]Her paternal grandfather was French and the remainder of her ancestry is Irish American.Is a vegan.Was bridesmaid at wedding of best friend [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (14 April 2007).While attending Boston University, she lived on Hooker Street in Brighton, which she calls a "cool neighborhood.".She attended Boston University with fellow actress [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].She studied theatre at Boston University's College of Fine Arts.She is a member on the advisory board of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Foundation, which supports female actors, writers, and directors in honor of the late filmmaker.She owns a duplex and lives with her sister, Zooey.She owned a dog, a female Wheaten terrier, who now lives with her ex-boyfriend.She is real-life best friends with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] who plays "Angela Montenegro", her best friend on their show [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (2005).Sister-in-law of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Personal Quotes

I was in school with Ginnifer [Goodwin]; she's a couple of years younger than I am. She's supersweet. She told me I gave her a pep talk once, even though I can't remember it. And [Michael] Chiklis - I love [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (2002) - he's so good. When I was in school, he came to speak to us about acting and told this story about how he had "As You Like It" on his resume; and a casting director asked if it were a soap opera. The casting guy said, "ABC? NBC?" and Chiklis said, "No, Shakespeare". I'll never forget it.I'm a vegan, but you can be really unhealthy as a vegan, too. Vegan just means that you don't use animal products, so you don't wear leather, you don't wear wool, and you don't eat animal products. But you can eat french fries and stuff like that all day long.(On similarities between her and her sister) We both tend not to pay much attention to what's socially acceptable, and we like to do crazy stuff. We both love to dance and will dance whenever, wherever, whether there's music playing or not. My whole family is very sarcastic and constantly making jokes.Everything I know about makeup, I've learned from my sister.(discussing her food as a child) No sugar cereal. Hot dogs with no nitrates. We weren't allowed to have McDonald's. When the babysitter came, we could have Kraft macaroni and cheese.I'm definitely a people person. I love socializing and being around people and having a good conversation.
Banjo
Banjo

Registration date : 2007-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-03-18, 07:45

I'm happy to have that woman gone from the show. and I think it's great how they are getting towards but not rushing into Bones and Booth being a couple. Funny schtick with some stadium seats. I would do that. roflmao
Berry
Berry

Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-03-18, 19:18

It's good that Hannah is gone but I'm beginning to think that they are dragging out the Bones/Booth pairing just a little too slowly. I mean, it would be okay if they were 14, but as adults they talk about it, as in the elevator scene, but don't actually do anything about it.

BTW, I've been meaning to point out for awhile that Bones is sort of a kinder, gentler version of Sheldon Cooper.... tongue And of course infinitely prettier... :lol:
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-03-18, 19:26

I buy his explanation that his heart is bruised from the rejections he has encountered. He feels that he will heal, he needs time. Certainly didn't shut the door on her...but I like that he isn't rebounding right into her arms. two thumbs up
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-04-09, 16:10

That was pretty funny in the last ep when Brennen was overjoyed to witness the corpses' guts exploding. Booth was less enthusiastic. :lol: But that reminds me of something I've though of for awhile. In a "body farm" like that one the stench would be so overwhelming that they couldn't walk around or work there without oxygen masks and the neighbors even far downwind would be complaining. Also, when they bring the bodies into the lab in almost every episode the stench problem would prevail too. But they never seem to address the fact... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Zoey, Emily's sister, was on Craig Ferguson last night. They don't look a lot alike but the voices and smile/laugh are. She had to think on her feet pretty quick last night because Ferguson is all over the map with subjects. I rarely watch him unless he has an interesting guest. Emily is pregnant by BTW. Also, is Michaela Conlin also pregnant in real life or did they just write that in ? research is required....nope...she isn't really pregnant. I wouldn't have guessed Chinese ancestry. I thought it was hispanic/African.

Date of Birth

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Height

5' 8" (1.73 m)

Trivia

Mother is Chinese American and father is Irish American. Michaela has one older sister.Graduated from NYU's Tisch School of the Arts, with a BFA in Theatre.Went to Parkland High School in Allentown PA.She is real-life best friends with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] who plays "Dr. Temperance 'Bones' Brennan", her best friend on their show [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (2005).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%">

<tr align="left">
<td align="left">Michaela Conlin Makes No 'Bones' About It

</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td> Days before the premiere
of season 6 on Fox, the ‘Bones’ actress was being fitted for a pregnancy
suit and dishing about her character’s future.

By Nalea J. Ko, Reporter
Published January 19, 2011

After six seasons of working around prosthetic dead bodies on the show
“Bones,” you could say actress Michaela Conlin has seen her share of
gore.

Her character Angela Montenegro draws forensic facial reconstructions
for the show’s fictional Jeffersonian Institution. With a team of
experts, Montenegro helps dissect FBI case files typically involving
human remains in various stages of decay.

Conlin says after six seasons of being on the show, the props have
reached a new level of gross. But there is something else on “Bones”
that has been making Conlin a tad uncomfortable.

“I’m pregnant on the show,” Conlin said after returning from a fitting
for a new prosthetic pregnancy suit. “I’ve been in it for about five
episodes now. I’ll say it’s not the most comfortable thing. I’m sure
it’s more comfortable than actually being pregnant.”

Despite the graphically simulated skeletons and rotting bodies, it is
the interpersonal relationships that interest many fans of the show
“Bones.” Relationships like Conlin’s character’s marriage to Dr. Jack
Stanley Hodgins IV are the subject of online fan forums.

Of course fans are also interested in the interactions between FBI agent
Seeley Booth and Temperance “Bones” Brennan, the show’s main
characters.

Now as season 6 of “Bones” returns on Jan. 20 for its winter premiere,
there are new twists and complications in the characters’ lives.

“I think in many ways we’re going to see her struggling with a very kind
of conventional story point, which I like,” Conlin said about her
character. “At first I sort of I wasn’t sure how I felt about wearing a
pregnancy suit and being pregnant for most of the season. I have to say,
after 120 episodes it’s been a really nice change. It sort of forces
you to not get lazy.”

After playing Montenegro since the show’s inception, Conlin says some
fans might be surprised to know that she does not have artistic talents
like her character. She explains that her “actual artistic talents are
pretty limited.” However Conlin says her character’s art skills piqued
her interest in taking painting classes in the show’s early years.

But the actress says an element of her character’s personality has seeped into her life.

“Angela really just goes from her gut and has very strong opinions and
feelings about things and isn’t scared to voice them,” Conlin said. “I
knew that if I got to play her for 12 hours a day that would definitely
seep into my life, which it has, I think. You can’t say those lines all
day and not have it affect you.”

Conlin has been part of the original “Bones” cast since it premiered in 2005.

Part Chinese and Irish American, Conlin says she was raised outside of
Philadelphia. The actress got her first professional job as a child in
“The King and I” for which she earned $100. She later went on to
graduate from the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University with a
bachelor’s degree in theater.

Living in New York, Conlin says she was always able to spot a fellow Hapa on the street.

“I think the fellow Hapas usually we can pick each other out,” Conlin
said breaking into a laugh. “I used to live in New York City as soon as I
saw a Hapa on the street I would give them the Hapa wave.”

Shooting for “Bones” about 10 months out of the year in Los Angeles,
Calif., Conlin says she usually heads back East when on break from
filming. The long hours on set leaves Conlin with little free time, she
says. But you won’t hear the actress complaining.

“I don’t actually mind the hours at all. It’s so nice to have a great job,” she said. “There’s nothing I’d rather be doing.”

Aside from working on “Bones,” Conlin also landed a role in the upcoming
film “The Lincoln Lawyer.” The film stars Hollywood big leaguers like
Matthew McConaughey, Ryan Phillippe and Marisa Tomei, among others.

“I play a young cop,” Conlin added. “It was a really great thing to work on.”

Conlin has now returned back to the “Bones” set. After six seasons of
playing Montenegro, Conlin says some aspects of preparing for each
episode have become easier. It is now simpler, she says, to memorize her
lines.

But Conlin says playing her character with fans’ expectations in mind is a challenge.

“In many ways I think it’s harder because the audience is so familiar
with the characters,” Conlin said. “In many respects I feel like it’s my
job to show them different sides of Angela. In that respect it’s hard.
It’s hard for me to always show all sides. It’s challenging and it’s
easier.”

Enduring long hours on set is perhaps more bearable considering the
“Bones” family enjoys a special bond. Conlin says the cast is tight
knit, a necessity for a successful show.

“It’s sink or swim after six years, you know,” Conlin added. “It really
is like a family. We spend so much more time with each other than we do
with our own families. It’s really great group of people.”

</td></tr>

</table>

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-04-15, 02:05

Tonight's episode was written by the guy who plays Sweets. He also writes a scene where he interogates his father (who he says he looks nothing like). It wasn't supposed to have quite so much of him in it but the B & B actors were busy doing other things so the interrogation scenes were left for Sweets to handle.

Although it was a "fun" episode, my honest opinion is that it was a little too "cute" . I especially found the intern guy annoying.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-04-15, 14:47

They seem to have a lot of different interns. Watching previous seasons on the CW several times a week there's always a different one. I suppose interns would move on from that job eventually, are they Drs. or what ?

Zoey Deschanel was on one of the late-nights this week, one of the Jimmys. She can really sing and play the harmonica. Have you seen her new commercial for the cotton growers org ? Makes you want to run out and buy new underwear, or something. she seems to keep a higher profile in general, than Emily. scratch
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-04-15, 15:35

Zoey began as a singer. And she is married to a singer/musician. Must be fun at their house.

Yes, she's gorgeous in that commercial. sunny
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-04-21, 13:41

Clip: First Look at the Proposed โ€˜Bonesโ€™ Spinoff

Apr 21st, 2011 | 12:03 PM | Comments 0

Tonight, Fox will introduce fans of โ€œBonesโ€ to the new characters who will star in the proposed spinoff of the show in whatโ€™s referred to as a โ€œbackdoor pilot.โ€

If all goes well, the series seems a sure bet for pick-up this fall on Fox, since other networks have successfully launched a franchise in the same manner, most recently with โ€œCriminal Minds: Suspect Behavior,โ€ โ€œNCIS: Los Angeles,โ€ and โ€œLaw & Order: LAโ€ (okay, the success of the latter is debatable).

Click Here to Add โ€œThe Finderโ€ to Your DVR

Hereโ€™s how viewers meet the new crew: Booth and Brennan investigate a case in the Florida Everglades in which they enlist the help of โ€œThe Finder,โ€ which is the alleged title of the spinoff (terrible title aside, we say give it a chance).

FBI guys Booth and Wally Get Re-acquainted with each other โ€“ and their fists โ€“ on Thursdayโ€™s episode:

George Stults (โ€7th Heavenโ€) plays a professional locator named Walter Sherman, who upon first impressions appears to be a bit of a wild card, while his partner Leo, played by deep-voiced actor Michael Clarke Duncan (โ€The Green Mileโ€), seems to be the calming, and extremely large, presence. Saffron Burrows also guest stars as one of Shermanโ€™s colleagues, who together, after some convincing, all work to help โ€œBonesโ€ uncover key evidence in the case.

Watch Full Episodes of โ€œBonesโ€ on xfinityTV.com

The character of Walter Sherman is based on โ€œThe Locatorโ€ series of novels by Richard Greener.

โ€œBonesโ€ airs Thursdays at 9 p.m./EST on Fox.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-04-22, 00:31

I didn't expect to like the spin-off angle. But I must say I enjoyed Wally and Ben certainly enjoyed his bartender/pilot (the Aussie lady) so yes, sure, we'll be giving this one a chance when it surfaces.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Rus 2011-04-22, 09:45

I normally waatch the reruns of Bones but I watched last night to check out the spinoff show characters. Not too bad.
Rus
Rus
Flutterby
Flutterby

Registration date : 2007-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-04-22, 16:12

It suddenly dawned on me that the reason that the other characters were on screen more than Booth and Brennan was that they were the spinoff characters. Duh ! geek They're okay.

Although you may have not noticed, not being fan-boys :lol: , Emily's face was slightly less full than usual. That is, her cheeks were slightly concave, not much but noticeable. One reason I noticed was that Kathleen Turner was on Regis & Kelly yesterday plugging her new movie. Emily is in it and when they showed the clip her concave cheeks were more noticeable. So when I saw her on Bones I put 2 and 2 together and figured that they may have been filmed around the same time and she lost weight deliberately or was overworked.... tongue Let's hope not. :lol:

Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2011-04-22, 18:04

I was flipping between Bones and CSI and CSI won out. I thought Bones was kind of boring ... didn't realize they were preparing for a spin-off. Does that mean that Bones is ending?

Speaking of spin-offs ... does anyone watch Criminal Minds? I love it and have been watching the spin-off, Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior. Not really liking it. Same thing as happened with CSI and CSI, Miami and NY. The chemistry and flow is just not as good as the originals. I will talk about it more on CBS thread.

Penny
Penny

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-04-23, 15:47

No, Bones will still be around, hopefully for a long time. two thumbs up
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-05-06, 16:41

So last night at the preview of next weeks season finale we are lead to believe that a "beloved" character will be killed, that makes two....Fringe tonight....and possibly that Booth and Brennan "get it on", judging by Angela's reaction. That would create quite a flap during the off season. But as we have seen previously, these 'teaser trailers' often mislead us. Sooo....we must wait and see scratch
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-05-07, 07:04

It won't be Bones or Booth, and it better not be Angela or Hodgins...after that, I don't care. My guess is on the woman that heads up the department.
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-05-07, 12:04

I'm not so sure it will be her. I'm guessing one of the technicians.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-05-07, 12:07

I hope it's not the older lady who plays the lawyer. She is fabulous.

worra worra
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-05-07, 12:38

Only the 6 major cast members have their bios here:

I'll see if I can find the lady you mentioned...

She could be on the "list", but I'm still thinking it will be a lower profile character.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Berry 2011-05-07, 13:36

Oh, I just had a horrible thought...NO! Not Sweets!!!! nono
Berry
Berry

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-05-07, 13:48

Calm down Berry ! roflmao No, I still don't think it will be one of the major cast members. I knew Daley looked familiar but until I read his bio, then remembered seeing him in Freaks and Geeks. Sweet's role is rather ambiguous though. Why would they have a psychiatrist on staff of an agency that does forensics ? Well, I guess police depts. have them in big cities but they usually deal with psych. problems within the dept., I think. Of course that agency does have its share of psych problems, so maybe he has a good function after all. scratch

That preview trailer may be out there....I'll see if I can find it and replay it multiple times for clues....not that I expect many... :P

It's a good thing I don't need to do anything useful today... :lol: Rolling Eyes Of course I've already baked two pans of shortcake, did the laundry, wrangled cats, cleaned the litter box, inspected the 'garden' to see if there is any evidence of corn sprouts (maybe, still inconclusive) and performed various Cobie Fan Boy duties, so it's not like I'm a total waste on a Saturday morning.... bonked on the head

Here's the promo video and speculations....no spoilers.

This is titled 'spoilers', but they are just blog speculations, although the one about the bowling alley comes from the production staff, but it isn't really a spoiler since the discussed scene never actually occurs.

Okay, after watching this:

I can confidently predict that Brennan and Booth don't "get it on " Rolling Eyes But who gets shot is still ambiguous . Beatsme
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Penny 2011-05-09, 08:01

I thought they had hinted at it being one of the techies that was going to get it. Is this the season finale, this Thursday?
Penny
Penny

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo 2011-05-09, 12:41

Yes, season finale this week. I agree about the techies.
Banjo
Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next